What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
New consent laws are soon to be passed by the NSW Parliament, increasing the onus on the defendant to prove consent was given, partly because of the difficulty in obtaining convictions in rape cases. Will these laws apply in any new trial?

I wouldn't think so. As it says it's a 'new' consent law. They cannot backdate it. Imagine if it were so, how far could they go back?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sexual assault charges against Jack De Belin and Callan Sinclair dropped
By Freya Noble • Senior Producer
1:16pm May 27, 2021
Sexual assault charges against NRL player Jack de Belin have been dropped after the jury in two separate trials failed to reach a verdict.

His co-accused Callan Sinclair has also been cleared.

Earlier this month the pair were found not guilty on one charge and the jury could not make a majority decision on the other five.

The Director of Public Prosecutions will not pursue these five charges for a third time.

More: https://www.9news.com.au/national/j...-dropped/cc802985-cfc8-410a-b465-f337b0eeb8d3

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just on a side note , apparently Hayne asked for Foxtel in his new accommodations and was told that you do not have that luxury in prison .

And to make matters worse , his new friends threw apples at him when he first arrived at Parklea jail . Must had been a rude shock for him .
I think it's good to see the prison system making sure their guests get an apple a day.

borat

Bench
The NRL will surely put some delay to a return. I will be surprised if not. I think he won't be able to get a start for at least 2 weeks.

What a difference he will make to the squad. Wow, can't wait to see him run out and cut players in half like he use to. Awesome tackling technique.

NRL have no say in the matter. Charges are dropped so stand down rule does not apply.

I don’t think you can underestimate the mental toll this would have had on Jack. Not knowing if your freedom is about to be wrongly taken from you, then waiting to see if the DPP would continue this charade to try and save face. He will need a month at least to get back in the right mindset for first grade NRL

boardlumps62

Juniors
Not a nice thing for all concerned to have that played out in court. But I am so happy that Jack and Callan can both get on with their life. Great for Jack and his family as well as the Dragons and fans that want him back.

Gareth67

First Grade
NRL have no say in the matter. Charges are dropped so stand down rule does not apply.

I don’t think you can underestimate the mental toll this would have had on Jack. Not knowing if your freedom is about to be wrongly taken from you, then waiting to see if the DPP would continue this charade to try and save face. He will need a month at least to get back in the right mindset for first grade NRL

Agree Borat , there should not be any impediment whatsoever by the NRL to prevent him from playing for the Dragons .

He should be registered once again and back playing footy when he is ready to take the field .

Dragons154

Juniors
You truely have to feel sorry for him. Being cut down in your absolute prime is outrageously absurd.

his mental welfare would of taken an absolute beating and I’d be surprised if he comes back as the same player he left.

I hope he takes the NRL for an absolute row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts