What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

steerlerbab

Juniors
Regarding JDB, South is the only club mentioned at this stage but South is under Salary cap pressure and that is why South let Hook sign with us. I heard this afternoon at 360 that Bennett may bring Euan Aitken from Dolphins. So if South wants JDB, then Bennett may have to let more players go to free up cash and space. And we can always counter offer during waiting period.

since77

Juniors
Whether we agree or disagree with the decisions Flanno is making - I've got to say that I love the way he isn't budging on contracts or the offers we're making. You either want to be here or you don't. Has to be good for our culture in the long term. And hopefully allows us to pounce if a big name comes onto the market.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What Flanno has shown as well is that if you perform well he will keep you. Saints could easily have not offered JDB a contract at all and nothing stops Saints from offering him another year next year if he performs well.

Flanno also seems to have some compassion when it comes to injury as well as Corey Allen was extended when Flanno could have just let him go. Jack should not be too concerned with the 1 year as he can still get another one after that if he continues to play like he is now and showing a good attitude.

justadragon

Bench
Regarding JDB, South is the only club mentioned at this stage but South is under Salary cap pressure and that is why South let Hook sign with us. I heard this afternoon at 360 that Bennett may bring Euan Aitken from Dolphins. So if South wants JDB, then Bennett may have to let more players go to free up cash and space. And we can always counter offer during waiting period.
Also would south's really want JDB at his age, it looked like to me they had some quality young forwards coming through when they played Bronco's.

SAP58

Juniors
What Flanno has shown as well is that if you perform well he will keep you. Saints could easily have not offered JDB a contract at all and nothing stops Saints from offering him another year next year if he performs well.

Flanno also seems to have some compassion when it comes to injury as well as Corey Allen was extended when Flanno could have just let him go. Jack should not be too concerned with the 1 year as he can still get another one after that if he continues to play like he is now and showing a good attitude.
Totally agree players should back themselves rather than take the easy option.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Brad Arthur would be my target
Then JD

if Dean Young goes to Parra

Arthur to bring with him Talagi and his gun under19 NSW son who plays hooker to succeed Cookie and start off the bench 2026 or maybe earlier if Lids moves on part way thru 2025

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I’m sure that it is not quite as black and white as that

Depends if he is happy to do it for this season and maybe next in Oz rather than going to the UK?

he might not want to go to the UK at all.

what other clubs would appoint Brad Arthur right now as head coach?

what club would Brad Arthur want to go to?

I can’t see him going to the Tigers

im guessing Dragons, Manly, Bulldogs, Tigers may sound Arthur out for an assistant coach role

many coaches head coaches have had to do the same due to family circumstances- Flano being one also that came back via a few roles

flano and Arthur can appear on the surface very similar characters and I can imagine many people thinking they may clash

But who we see in media conferences is very different to who these coaches tend to be behind the scenes

Bennett a perfect example

Crush

Coach
I’m sure that it is not quite as black and white as that

Depends if he is happy to do it for this season and maybe next in Oz rather than going to the UK?

he might not want to go to the UK at all.

what other clubs would appoint Brad Arthur right now as head coach?

what club would Brad Arthur want to go to?

I can’t see him going to the Tigers

im guessing Dragons, Manly, Bulldogs, Tigers may sound Arthur out for an assistant coach role

many coaches head coaches have had to do the same due to family circumstances- Flano being one also that came back via a few roles

flano and Arthur can appear on the surface very similar characters and I can imagine many people thinking they may clash

But who we see in media conferences is very different to who these coaches tend to be behind the scenes

Bennett a perfect example
There is no succession plan at Dragons, it’s clear Flano is a long term head coach for us.
With Brad, I don’t think he failed like a Trent Barrett or Jason Taylor type scenario where they couldn’t make it as head coaches and are now assistants.
Brad just needed a change, he’d had success with Parra but it just got stale, 10 years is a long time.
Highly doubt Brad would take an assistant role with no pathway just to pick up a paycheck.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Brad Arthur would be my target
Then JD

if Dean Young goes to Parra

Arthur to bring with him Talagi and his gun under19 NSW son who plays hooker to succeed Cookie and start off the bench 2026 or maybe earlier if Lids moves on part way thru 2025

we have already bought in our next hooker. No i am not talking about Cook.

TheRev

Coach
2025 Hooker is still a mystery to me.. someone needs to be there if Liddle &/or Cook go down, and someone needs to be the NSW Cup Hooker... Hjaltason is maybe the cup person or maybe he plays Flegg again, but he wont have an NRL contract of any sort if we needed him...

We still have atleast 1 Top30 spot to fill however to cover 6/7 and/or 9.. that will help.

I know we have something coming @SG level, but I feel like there is a big gap behind Cook/Liddle.

Mojo

Bench
There is no succession plan at Dragons, it’s clear Flano is a long term head coach for us.
With Brad, I don’t think he failed like a Trent Barrett or Jason Taylor type scenario where they couldn’t make it as head coaches and are now assistants.
Brad just needed a change, he’d had success with Parra but it just got stale, 10 years is a long time.
Highly doubt Brad would take an assistant role with no pathway just to pick up a paycheck.
1. Work on a success plan
2. Consider succession plan once 1 has been completed.

Latest posts