What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Coach
um I was coming from football perspective, given this is a football forum.

clearly you were there and you know what happened? I will wait for the trial.

In such a situation nothing will go back to normal for anyone regardless of the outcome.
So many talking about the outcome for footy about the out come for De Berlin about the outcome for the club and little regard or thought for the girl or the the co-accused.
All about Jack and the team what a disgrace.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Brian Johnston turning up in support is pretty shocking. Clearly the club learned nothing from last season.

A CEO turning up in support to an employee's rape trial is just a horrible look. The club has made me ashamed for how they handled each step of this JDB situation.

Old Timer

Coach
Brian Johnston turning up in support is pretty shocking. Clearly the club learned nothing from last season.

A CEO turning up in support to an employee's rape trial is just a horrible look. The club has made me ashamed for how they handled each step of this JDB situation.
That is horrendous and just about does it in for me
I knew they were dumb but this takes the cake

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_darkscreen2.jpeg

DRAGONS

De Belin criminal trial commences
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 3 Feb 2020, 04:07 PM

St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin's criminal trial commenced on Monday in Wollongong Local Court, relating to allegations made against him in December, 2018.

De Belin had previously entered a plea of not guilty; court proceedings are expected to take place over a number of weeks.

The club will make no further comment while the matter is before the court.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/02/03/de-belin-trial-commences/

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL star Jack de Belin rape trial delayed

Steve Zemek
Australian Associated Press3 February 2020
5615070_Legal_DeBelin_16-9_18062402_1992849_2020020316028f435bfef-0ccc-44c1-8e66-d40e304f758b.jpg_sd_1280x720.jpg

View photos
The Wollongong trial of NRL player Jack de Belin has been delayed
Legal argument has delayed the start of the rape trial of St George Illawarra NRL star Jack de Belin.

De Bellin and his co-accused, Callan Sinclair, formally pleaded not guilty to five counts of aggravated sexual assault in Wollongong District Court on Monday.

Their trial was then expected to begin but it was delayed by legal argument.

De Belin and Sinclair are accused of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman at a Wollongong unit in December 2018.

The trial before Judge Andrew Haesler is expected to last a fortnight.

De Belin was stood down by the NRL after he was charged more than 12 months ago.

His case was a major driver in NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg and then ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie introducing the game's "no-fault" stand-down policy.

De Belin became the first player to be sidelined under the rule which allows the game to stand aside players facing serious criminal charges.

At the time, de Belin had earned a reputation as one of the game's premier back-rowers.

He'd made his NSW State of Origin debut in 2018 and was being touted as a future Australian representative.

His Federal Court challenge against the NRL and ARL Commission was dismissed in May 2019 by Justice Melissa Perry.

De Belin, 28, has been allowed to train with his teammates while he awaits trial.

If found not guilty, he will likely be allowed to return to the field in time for the Dragons' NRL pre-season trial against Newcastle in Maitland on February 22.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nrl-star-jack-belin-rape-trial-begin-163018886--spt.html

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Fair go lads. Brain Johnstone is there with him. Fair enough.He has been charged .He has not been found guilty or not guilty as yet.This is Australia and I believe these are the laws we live by. Lay off and wait till the courts decide the verdict for christ's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.