What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

BennyV

Referee
Cutters broadcast this saturday too, cant wait..

I wonder if we have the role-model for him in-house? Merrin talks about Cooper helping him with nutrition and training.. losing his fat, but he was never as big as Seru, the bloke has to really want it if hes going to work his ass off for 1-2yrs to make the NRL.

It's a shame Weyman is leaving, would have been a great role model for young forwards. I'd say Merrin, Creagh or even Dean Young should be focussing on helping him.

MattYg1

Bench
It's a shame Weyman is leaving, would have been a great role model for young forwards. I'd say Merrin, Creagh or even Dean Young should be focussing on helping him.

Dont care who his mentor is as long as we keep him the f**k away from any contact with Jarrod Hickey!

Smurf

Juniors
The Lurker today

Q: (@jamieauciello) Any news for us Dragons fans? Dugan or Hastings re-signing soon?

The Lurker: Hastings should be done soon... but the word is he is more likely to go to the Roosters. Should be finalised within 48 hours. Dragons still in the hunt, however. Dugan a done deal.

BennyV

Referee
The Lurker today

Q: (@jamieauciello) Any news for us Dragons fans? Dugan or Hastings re-signing soon?

The Lurker: Hastings should be done soon... but the word is he is more likely to go to the Roosters. Should be finalised within 48 hours. Dragons still in the hunt, however. Dugan a done deal.

Looking forward to the forum meltdown

tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif

nrlnrl

First Grade
The Lurker today

Sorry guys, I admire your optimism but a few of us have been telling you for quite a while that Hastings will leave for the Roosters, but don't blame Doust for this.

I reckon the Dragons will wait until after the Raiders game to announce the new Dugan deal ( so it doesn't put more focus on him with media & Raiders players & fans )

Looking forward to the forum meltdown

Me too :D.

Oust Doust and Slice Price i say.

The Drags are still run by "the boys brigade" :crazy:.

Seriously, whilst Doust & Young wait until the next board meeting to get the OK on a new signing, players managers are swooping and stitching up deals. The Illawarra junior nursery is piping hot at the moment :).

Sorry guys, I admire your optimism but a few of us have been telling you for quite a while that Hastings will leave for the Roosters, but don't blame Doust for this.

I reckon the Dragons will wait until after the Raiders game to announce the new Dugan deal ( so it doesn't put more focus on him with media & Raiders players & fans )

actually, i don't blame Peter Doust either for this.

There is just something natural and inevitable about Jackson Hastings going to the Roosters... as well as his Mum !

I hope he enjoys every success there.

Steelman

Juniors
There's still hope dragons fans I'm hearing we r inching closer to a deal that will keep Hastings in the red v.

Apparently there is a lot of pressure coming from the Roosters management to get him signed quickly.

The longer this plays out I think the better for saints. Fingers crossed....

Father Ted

First Grade
"consistency". What i have and my footy team don't.. :)

I just realised Pricey has me saying "footy team". That man is insidiously clever

There's still hope dragons fans I'm hearing we r inching closer to a deal that will keep Hastings in the red v.

Apparently there is a lot of pressure coming from the Roosters management to get him signed quickly.

And Bird , Aitken and The Hutch please Peter:pray:

tumbidragon

First Grade

Lets pray to THEDuges that he stays. We could have a very bright few years ahead of us if we manage to keep Birdy and Hastings. Mix them in with THEDuges (praise be his name) Moz, Flow, Mez De'Bell etc.. then happy days!

Mr Red

First Grade
i was reading earlier this week that the dragons offered Luke Keary 300k per season. this is 5 times what he was on at the bunnies (60k a season) prior to Keary recently signing an upgraded contract package.
you would think if we were prepared to give Keary 300k a season then Hastings decision wont be based on money - surely the roosters would not offer any more then that given they already have Mitchell Pearce for halfback and Tuivasa-Sheck as next in line for fullback...

Saint Anger

Juniors
i was reading earlier this week that the dragons offered Luke Keary 300k per season. this is 5 times what he was on at the bunnies (60k a season) prior to Keary recently signing an upgraded contract package.
you would think if we were prepared to give Keary 300k a season then Hastings decision wont be based on money - surely the roosters would not offer any more then that given they already have Mitchell Pearce for halfback and Tuivasa-Sheck as next in line for fullback...

Did he re-sign? I wasn't aware..

possm

Coach
Look our season is shot; we arn't going to make the finals. So why not offer Hastings a 3 to 4 year deal and tell him he will have the NRL 7 jumper for the rest of this season. Also let him know that if he kills em, he will be starting halfback for the early rounds of 2014.

The Dragons need to do something to entice him to sign up. Of course, also throw his mum a bone to seal the deal. Surely, the Roosters can't match a deal like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts