What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

Elias1983

Coach
Is it this tweet?

Joe Rizk ‏@JRizky85 5h

Boom dragons youngster Jackson Hastings to knock back a lucrative offer from roosters to remain a dragon

Who the hell is joe rizk??

possum

Did any of you guys watch his game yesterday against the bunnies??? He is a greedy player and only plays for himself def not nrl material yet he is still playing under 12's style a lot of learning to do it is called TEAM and not just the red carpet for him but the whole family money talks I suppose so what will be will be

Father Ted

First Grade
Did any of you guys watch his game yesterday against the bunnies??? He is a greedy player and only plays for himself def not nrl material yet he is still playing under 12's style a lot of learning to do it is called TEAM and not just the red carpet for him but the whole family money talks I suppose so what will be will be

Is this the real Possm or the call the Mods fake Possm from the outer limits..

Godz Illa

Coach
I watched all the 20's game yesterday, and didn't think Hastings was particularly selfish. If anyone can be described as a bit greedy in that team it's Craig Garvey

Steelman

Juniors
I have stated previously that the dragons had upped the ante for Hastings signature by adding him to their nrl squad from 2014. Depending on his physical development will be fast tracked to the first grade team from 2015.
The added insentive for Hastings would be to continue to play with his close mates at the dragons and of course the dollars.

possm

Coach

Just to make it very clear to all members and mods:

It is my view that Hastings is a wonderful prospect and plays a very exciting style of game. I hope the Dragons fight very hard to retain him and would be glad if they fast tracked his transition to the NRL squad.

Let him compete for a first grade position and if he his good enough, gain selection on merit. He is something very special and we should do all we can to retain him.

watatank

Coach
it's not an impersonation, if it was, we'd be seeing more posts. someone just happens to have the same name.

Father Ted

First Grade
Young gun Hastings set to fire for Dragons http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...un-hastings-set-to-fire-for-dragons/?cs=2382#
By TIM BARROW

July 23, 2013, 4:05 a.m.
  • 3413cf90-a63b-4a98-b898-0dfa40b688bf.jpg
    Harry Siejka’s knee injury could open the door for Jackson Hastings. Picture: ADAM MCLEAN
See your ad here

The most in-demand young player in the game is on standby to join St George Illawarra’s NRL squad, after mid-season recruit Harry Siejka suffered a knee injury which is expected to end his season.
At 17, Jackson Hastings is being pursued by the Roosters, Newcastle and North Queensland, having represented NSW in the under-18 State of Origin game and schoolboys competition earlier this year.
Viewed a potential superstar, Hastings is the son of former Roosters great Kevin ‘‘Horrie’’ Hastings and the Dragons are hoping his early promotion to the NRL squad will keep him at the club.
He has played at fullback since making his under-20 debut in May, but is viewed a future halfback option for the Dragons.
St George Illawarra are suffering a shortage of halves, after Jamie Soward left for UK Super League club London Broncos and Siejka was hurt in the Illawarra Cutters 16-16 draw with Cronulla on Saturday.
The former Penrith and Warriors-contracted halfback had scans on his knee yesterday, amid fears he has suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
‘‘Harry is having scans which will provide us more information regarding the specifics of his knee injury and the best course of action,’’ Dragons performance director Andrew Gray said.
Hastings only made his National Youth Cup under-20 debut in May and has since produced a remarkable strike rate of six tries from eight games.
Full coverage of the NRL
See your ad here

Playing at fullback, Hastings has also kicked 27 goals this year, to rack up 78 points. The Illawarra Sports High student also played at halfback for the NSW Schoolboys team and scored two tries and kicked six goals in the junior Blues team which beat Queensland 56-6 at Suncorp Stadium before Origin II.
Meanwhile, the Dragons kept their faint finals hopes alive with a 22-18 extra-time win over NRL leaders Souths at ANZ Stadium last night.
St George Illawarra came from 18-6 down with 15 minutes remaining to level the scores, before Brett Morris crossed for a golden-try after two minutes of overtime.
The Red V’s NSW Origin stars Josh Dugan and Trent Merrin were tremendous for the visitors, as was Jason Nightingale, celebrating his 150th game.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1654921/young-gun-hastings-set-to-fire-for-dragons/?cs=2382

Steelman

Juniors
Hey Steelman

Do you think they might keep Harry on?

Yes I do, Mary cutters coach rates Harry highly. Unfortunately drinkwater will probably be moved on as he had some major problems with his game.
All this is depending on what happens with Hastings of course.

BennyV

Referee
Yes I do, Mary cutters coach rates Harry highly. Unfortunately drinkwater will probably be moved on as he had some major problems with his game.

I'd be pretty filthy if we let go of Harry. He is a good solid player with a great attitude and would be great depth in the halves - but more than that, its a horrible look for the club to buy a kid halfway through a season with the intention of bringing him into first grade (only had a few games under his belt) and then bugger him off when he gets injured. I couldn't see another club signing him up considering the severity of the injury, the fact that he wont be ready at the start of next season, the fact that he isn't an established first grader and the fact that said club would have to put a bit of money into his rehab.

It could potentially spell the end of a career for a very promising youngster at only 21 years of age. I know that no player is bigger than the club and all that, but it would be incredibly unethical and I dont want the club I love going down that path...

TheRev

Coach
Yah I know we are discussing in 3 threads atm, but it doesn't really make sense to have:

Widdop/Williams > Hastings/Harry/Quinlan/Kyle/Crook/Drinkwater/Cummins (maybe)

I mean Crook is a longterm prospect, but the rest are all in the 1st grade squad, some are works in progress, some might play in other positions, but it doesnt add up to keep them all, id say DW is an obvious bloke to leave, but surely 1-2 others would be too, especially if Hastings is staying and being fast-tracked.

Steelman

Juniors
Yah I know we are discussing in 3 threads atm, but it doesn't really make sense to have:

I mean Crook is a longterm prospect, but the rest are all in the 1st grade squad, some are works in progress, some might play in other positions, but it doesnt add up to keep them all, id say DW is an obvious bloke to leave, but surely 1-2 others would be too, especially if Hastings is staying and being fast-tracked.

Rev I agree basically with what ur saying all depends on wether Hastings stays if so Harry, drinkwater, will go
and I can't see Cummins staying as he wants out.
Stanley will more than likely revert back to the centers in saying that I think unless Stanley has an outstanding year injury free he will be moved on in 2015. As we have good young talent coming through

Saint Anger

Juniors
I'd be pretty filthy if we let go of Harry. He is a good solid player with a great attitude and would be great depth in the halves - but more than that, its a horrible look for the club to buy a kid halfway through a season with the intention of bringing him into first grade (only had a few games under his belt) and then bugger him off when he gets injured. I couldn't see another club signing him up considering the severity of the injury, the fact that he wont be ready at the start of next season, the fact that he isn't an established first grader and the fact that said club would have to put a bit of money into his rehab.

It could potentially spell the end of a career for a very promising youngster at only 21 years of age. I know that no player is bigger than the club and all that, but it would be incredibly unethical and I dont want the club I love going down that path...

Absolutely agree.

Will be filthy if we just discard him now.

Saint Anger

Juniors

The Stanleys and Drinkwater are surplus to our needs.

Latest posts