What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Miller/Blake Ayshford

hybrid_tiger

Coach
So glad Miller is going to be given a chance!

As for Ayshford, meh. Hope he performs. We can't afford any passengers.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
So glad Miller is going to be given a chance!

As for Ayshford, meh. Hope he performs. We can't afford any passengers.

Agree on Ayshford. I hope he can gain some form and develop further under our new coach but 2013 might be his last year to do it at WT immaterial of when he is contracted till.

macnaz

Staff member
Hope Lawrence comes good as well, he was just as shit as Ayshford this year.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Hope Lawrence comes good as well, he was just as shit as Ayshford this year.

True, but I'll give Lawrence somewhat of an out with his recovery from his dislocated hip. Maybe there are longer term effects on his confidence and capability? Not too many in the team could hold there heads up high for consistently good performance throughout the 2012 season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miller at 7 with Benji at 6 will see Ayshford and Lawrence back to their best.

Can't believe the hate for Ayshford considering he was practically ignored all year by the halves and was positionally f**ked around more than anyone else in the side.

BrotherJim05

Bench
This is good news!

I'm really feeling that everyone in the team who underperformed in 2012 should be given a second shot. Remembering that we were also hard hit by contant injuries I think 2013 will be a very different year for us.

Ayshford should definitely be given another shot, but I strongly feel that Simona would be a better choice. He runs the ball hard and hes considerably fast. Ayshford will have to lose some weight and get back into his 2011 form or there are others who can take his place....but that being said he should still be given a 2nd shot.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
This is good news!

I'm really feeling that everyone in the team who underperformed in 2012 should be given a second shot. Remembering that we were also hard hit by contant injuries I think 2013 will be a very different year for us.

Ayshford should definitely be given another shot, but I strongly feel that Simona would be a better choice. He runs the ball hard and hes considerably fast. Ayshford will have to lose some weight and get back into his 2011 form or there are others who can take his place....but that being said he should still be given a 2nd shot.

Ayshford might be better served by heading into the backrow, meaning he will have to increase his defensive skills and bulk up a little bit more. That would then free up a spot for Simona in the backs. Anyway, which ever way thigns go, interesting times ahead for us in 2013.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Heard on the radio today that Prince is leaving the Titans & going to another NRL club, Saints or Brisbane. So where does that leave Miller with regards beyond 2013, still going to ESL ??? Hope not !!!!

The WT have Miller signed for next year and have stated they have no intentions of releasing him.I would be reluctant to even play Ayshford ahead of Simona,Blake is to slow and a poor defender,if you include Moltzen and Benji in the same backline you have 3 backs that are suspect in defence, which was a large part of our problem this year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ayshford's defence prior to 2011 was on the improve and pretty solid.

Then Sheen's made he get heavy in a hurry, f**ked his mobility entirely.

His defence improved under Folkes, he had a solid technique and rarely got outmuscled or beaten defensively.

The extra size, lack of pace and lack of Folkes saw him become an arm grabber. I hope he gets back to around 95kgs or so, gets some pace back and starts getting more committed defensively.

I do think he'll be greatly improved in 2013 on his 2012 form.

If we want to point fingers at poor defenders, than Blair is the worst. You can forgive backs for not being supreme defenders to a degree, but forwards can never be forgiven for being shithouse defenders.

MU i hope your right about Blake,apart from positional changes hindering his season i believe he carried injuries into a number of games that also effected his form,that aside his positional play was poor and his lack of pace prevented him from covering that flaw.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He may have had an injury. I just think, going from personal experience more than anything, that his bulking up affected his lateral movement and acceleration immensely. That lead to him being comprehensively beaten by his opposite number which, lets face it, wasn't happening anywhere as often the previous year.

Bulking him up was a Sheens idea & f**ked his game.

Bulking a centre up worked once for Sheens and that was with Meninga.

Dumb merkin kept persevering with it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And while we're at it, Ayshford really wasn't that far behind lawrence, form wise in 2012. That shows how vital a set halves combo means to a team. Souths made the top 4 ffs with a shit five eighth and centres that at their best, are equal to ours.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
And while we're at it, Ayshford really wasn't that far behind lawrence, form wise in 2012. That shows how vital a set halves combo means to a team.
Not to mention how vital a decent coach is. I'm a fan of Ayshford and Lawrence and happy for Potter to give everyone a fair go in the coming season.