What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Selmes and Hutch in Biff!!

Special K

Coach
imasharkie said:
Just when we finally get an angry man in our team who doesn't mind a biff you want to get rid of him SK. Geezuz we need some mongrel in our team and a leader of the kiwis. What do you want Special...a team of pansies. Hutch was probably settling a few scores for the younger kiwis in our team, Selmes won't try to stand over the young blokes any more with the leader of the kiwi pack hunting him down.

FIRE UP HUTCH...........
Hutch is a near 30 year old man who offers us very little. Without a quick play the ball to run off, Hutch gets smashed. His defence is poor and he can't stay on the field long. By the end of next season he'll be phased out hopefully. I love angry players but Hutch offers us little besides his great hair which he has cut.

I would be upset if we let a talented youngster go to keep a 30 year old prop who has less then 30 NRL games to his name, offers little in defence and has a season to run on his contract.I'd like them both to stay but if one has to go then surely you can't let a 19 year old who is 119kg and 196cm walk away. Also I doubt Hutch would get a new deal from us given his age and what he could earn in the ESL.

The future is about Moke, Douglas, Lovegrove etc. They will never get a shot if Raper keeps holding them back. Look at our backline for next season... We could be going into round one with two rookie centres. Keeping in mind the troubles Mellor had staying on the field last season and the fact he had signed to another club and also Mellars was told he wasn't wanted. Sure Scott got a run but that took how many weeks?

Sharkie™

Juniors
this is from foxsports, i cant believed this happend but this is all i can gather at the moment. it will be interesting to see what happends.

Sharks training turns ugly
December 15, 2005

A CRONULLA Sharks player needed 20 stitches for a head wound sustained in a training altercation at the NRL club today.

Jacob Selmes was taken to hospital with head injuries after an altercation with first-grade forward Hutch Maiava, according television news reports.

An inquiry is believed to be underway at the club.

Coach Stuart Raper confirmed the incident and the players involved.

He is expected to make a statement about the incident later this evening.

Sharks skipper Brett Kimmorley said he was unaware of the incident because the players had been training at different times in different skills groups.

"I suppose if it has happened then we'll have a meeting about it tomorrow to discuss what did occur," Kimmorley said.

Advertisement:
An NRL spokesman said the game's governing body was also unaware of the incident but that it would remain a club matter if it had occurred at a private training session.

beekershark

Bench
My first gut feeling was " geeeezuz ! what more can go wrong ! can't our club get it's sh*t together !!! "

BUt then , I'm prepared to sit on it and see what happened, from that fox report, it may well have been two props firing up at tackling practice, and i'm not against that kind of fire and passion in a TRAINING situation, it happened often in the forwards when I used to play union and I know still happens regularly at wallaby and all black training runs between forwards.

IF it's a discipline incident, ie, players going at it in the bar, then I would be very upset and my first thoughts would ring true.

Its not isolated, a recently departed senior prop was known for belting one young bloke who has since left the club.

NikkiShark

Juniors
brendothejet said:
hahahahaha

Thats classic.

Not even your own team like you.

38 years and won....

how do you know we "don't" like them?
are you a mind reader?... or just think you know everything?

nothing...

Sharkie™

Juniors
i dont like the look of it, im sure one will be cut, jason williams got the cut last time. but i like these 2 players way more then i liked him.

NikkiShark

Juniors
I'd prefer Hutch to go...
I like Hutch, but we can't let Selmes go.

but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Sharkie™

Juniors
yeh this sucks cause i like hutch, he seems like a guy that would rip into someone no questions asked and his intimidation is good to have cause smaller players like campbell wont run at him. LOL love it. also gotta love those death stares.

NikkiShark

Juniors
I like them both...
my manager is going to have fun tomorrow :(
(one of the biggest Bulldogs fans ever)

Sharkie™

Juniors
ok only here to help... LOL, but if u try that let me noe how it pans out cause i would love to do that to my manager

Inferno

Coach
I'll sit on the fence about this one untill more comes to the surface.

Im with IMA though, would definately want to keep Hutch...

As long as he grows back the dreads.

Latest posts