What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamaican Hurricanes first win!

druzik

Juniors
The Jamaican Hurricanes have beaten the DC Slayers 66-24. This is a huge result for Jamaican Rugby league and really shows how much the outside-the-box thinking has brought them forward.

Amazing result. Been talking with Dane on Facebook and the stands were packed out apparently!

RedVee

First Grade
I have two emotions on this one as a Slayers follower .... :shock: & :)

But, good on the Hurricanes. Let's hope this encourages more of the Islands youth to take up our sport of choice.

deluded pom?

Coach
Firstly, well done to both teams for getting this game on. Secondly, congratulations to the Hurricanes on this result. Commiserations to Danny and the Slayers. If this is a sign of things to come then the teams in the USA (whichever league the Hurricanes end up in) had better watch out. A great result in front of a great crowd. I hope the fans enjoyed what they saw and come back for more.

Poul

Juniors
Firstly, well done to both teams for getting this game on. Secondly, congratulations to the Hurricanes on this result. Commiserations to Danny and the Slayers. If this is a sign of things to come then the teams in the USA (whichever league the Hurricanes end up in) had better watch out. A great result in front of a great crowd. I hope the fans enjoyed what they saw and come back for more.

It looks like the Hurricanes could be competitive with American teams, possibly even when they have their imports, going by this score against the Slayers, who performed solidly in the USARL last season.

I think the USARL would be the best fit for the Hurricanes, especially if they were to be placed in a conference with the Axemen, Slayers and Baltimore. This would minimise flight times, but there would still be a lot of travel involved. How would the Hurricanes afford this, and how would the American teams afford travelling to Jamaica? Perhaps there would have to be some rationalisation of fixture times. The Hurricanes could play two away games over say 3 days; say Baltimore on a Friday night and the Slayers on a Sunday afternoon before fllying back to Jamaica. It would be hard to back up, but if they brought an extended squad, it would give an opportunity to a greater number of players.

Congratulations to the Hurricanes. I'll be wearing my Hurricanes cap with pride :D

Last edited:

Latest posts