What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris *test spoiler*

How was that NOT a send off? Dangerous and lazy play that put Nightingale in a very bad position. Surely he's looking at a few weeks out.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't know about lazy. Looked pretty deliberate for mine.

Nightingale has been working his heart out for NZ. Indris is fired up and it looks like he has been instructed to hit the outside backs. He barely missed Hohaia is an earlier charge.

Indris only had eyes for Nightingale's legs. Cartwheeled him. Came close to landing on his head.

skaines

Juniors
I think a send off is a bit harsh, Sin bin yes.

wasnt accidental, he was going for the tackle.

nothing will come about of it though, the judicury system doesnt touch 'stars'

not a great win, still think playing 2 utilities on the bench is fail, and if NSW do it in Origin, game over now

bileduct

Coach
Ten minutes in the bin.

That said, if Nightingale sustained an injury and couldn't play any further, given that it was deliberate you would probably have to send him off.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
10 minutes isn't a legal punishment for what happened under the laws of the game.

Didn't seem to me to be deliberate, but definitely a careless action. Shouldn't have stuck his arm out. Report and penalty sufficient, a week suspension perhaps.

Willow - his name is Idris.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
10 minutes isn't a legal punishment for what happened under the laws of the game.

Didn't seem to me to be deliberate, but definitely a careless action. Shouldn't have stuck his arm out. Report and penalty sufficient, a week suspension perhaps.

Willow - his name is Idris.
Good grief. You really are the typo cop.

Anyway, Indris should at least be suspended.

Indris is cheap shot merchant.

Man, I really hate that Indris.

Mr Fourex

Bench
How was that NOT a send off? Dangerous and lazy play that put Nightingale in a very bad position. Surely he's looking at a few weeks out.

Send off .......is an over reaction.

Penalty and put on report would be enough. 1 week .......mehhh

Dangerous yes. Lazy, not so sure. I thought it was more of a brain snap than anything else.

Happens from time to time.

Nothing in it ....really

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Funny how no one is criticing Indris's selection, though... A centre did go down.... (not surprising with Hoges and Inglis there) and he played alright...

Looking forward to Indris in origin, tbh.

Danish

Referee
I thought it was one of the more dangerous tackles we've seen in the last decade.

Completely deliberate, absolutely reckless, only pure luck that Nightingale didn't get seriously hurt.

Grade 3 dangerous throw in my books. Nate Myles got 6 weeks for a tackle in origin a few years back in which he was executing proper tackling technique but went too far and put Cross on his head instead of his back. Idris in comparison just made a bee line for a completely defenceless player's legs while in the air, and deliberately cartwheeled him.

That sort of rubbish had been stamped out of the game a long time ago. A dog act along the same lines as kneeing, eye gouging and diving at the legs of kickers IMO

grouch

First Grade
Extremely dangerous regardless of the intent. Players need to be more careful in those situations and I don't believe a penalty is sufficient detterent. Needs to cop a suspension

skaines

Juniors
Funny how no one is criticing Indris's selection, though... A centre did go down.... (not surprising with Hoges and Inglis there) and he played alright...

Looking forward to Indris in origin, tbh.

I still think him on the bench is a bad move by Sheens.

yes, they got lucky with having him on the bench, but if the kiwis actually tired the forwards, and ran up through the ruck instead of side to side, then Aus would of been in trouble with only 2 forwards on the bench.

Personally, i would of played Cronk and 2 props and a second rower.

With that injury, could of been covered easily, move cronk into the halves and move locky to FB and slater to centre/wing.