What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

gregstar

Referee
Need speed out wide.

We need a finisher capable of running 100 metres untouched when put into a gap.

We need this more than yet another forward.

We lack pace.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You must not have taken notice of the whole game
Nene was pushed back in goal with ease and he's twice the size
With all due respects I could have pushed Nene back in goal and Im of retirement age....seriously he was rubbish yesterday in all aspects of his game....hes either still carrying an injury or hes lost it.....we would have been better off he had missed the bus tbh

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Need speed out wide.

We need a finisher capable of running 100 metres untouched when put into a gap.

We need this more than yet another forward.

We lack pace.

With all due respect Greg, do you really think it's wise to not search for a replacement for Packer?
I agree we need more speed in the backline, but there are currently NO decent outside backs available on the market. I would love for the club to pick up a speedy finisher, but there is no-one out there mate.

We need a Packer replacement. Let's have a look at our front row stocks as we sit right now..
- Sele is still a year or two off being effective
- Lawrie is getting hammered in first grade and needs more time.
- Host is a second-rower
- Kerr is still fighting for a starting spot in NSW Cup

The team needs that hard-nosed prop to start alongside Vaughan and that's exactly what Graham provides. Plus he brings a wealth of experience and inspiring leadership. It's a no brainer in my eyes.

The calm one

Juniors
With all due respect Greg, do you really think it's wise to not search for a replacement for Packer?
I agree we need more speed in the backline, but there are currently NO decent outside backs available on the market. I would love for the club to pick up a speedy finisher, but there is no-one out there mate.

We need a Packer replacement. Let's have a look at our front row stocks as we sit right now..
- Sele is still a year or two off being effective
- Lawrie is getting hammered in first grade and needs more time.
- Host is a second-rower
- Kerr is still fighting for a starting spot in NSW Cup

The team needs that hard-nosed prop to start alongside Vaughan and that's exactly what Graham provides. Plus he brings a wealth of experience and inspiring leadership. It's a no brainer in my eyes.
If the club does
Not make finding a prop for next year a priority, watch Vaughs form decline next year. Won't be his fault, it's called burn out

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
Why are we the only team that can't seem to find a decent winger?
Honestly we should be scouting in New Zealand or Fiji.. There seems to be an abundant pool of tall, strapping players who can run 100m sub 11sec!! It seems like Storm have unearthed another winger out of AUCKLAND in this mould - I think Frank Ponissi the football mgr spends a lot of time scouting interstate and overseas. Our mob sign a 26yo winger from nth Qld (Perera).. FFS!!

Old Timer

Coach
With all due respects I could have pushed Nene back in goal and Im of retirement age....seriously he was rubbish yesterday in all aspects of his game....hes either still carrying an injury or hes lost it.....we would have been better off he had missed the bus tbh
Whatever he's lost is not very big and f**k all chance he will ever find it.
I think he sleeps on the bus as he wouldn't be fast enough to catch it.

AzzaRedV

Juniors
On Nrl 360, Graham said that the reports saying Dragons are chasing Graham is just PAPER TALK. He says that his negotiations are more internal (himself) than external.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
On Nrl 360, Graham said that the reports saying Dragons are chasing Graham is just PAPER TALK. He says that his negotiations are more internal (himself) than external.
Yes I saw that as well...imo hes after a 3 year contract...at times Im ok with him coming to us and at other times not quite sure.....one thing I am sure of at his age I wouldnt offer him 3 years

AzzaRedV

Juniors
Yes I saw that as well...imo hes after a 3 year contract...at times Im ok with him coming to us and at other times not quite sure.....one thing I am sure of at his age I wouldnt offer him 3 years

His leadership is a key factor. Although, Triple M stated he DID sign. So, that makes me think he has signed because why would they say that on a radio station if they had no sources to back it up with.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
His leadership is a key factor. Although, Triple M stated he DID sign. So, that makes me think he has signed because why would they say that on a radio station if they had no sources to back it up with.
Yeah Im ok with the leadership bit as long as he leads by example on the field....would hate to see us pay to much and only get one good year out of him......what concerns me is personally I think Woods is very overrated but The Dogs are offloading all their dead wood (no pun intended) to accommodate players like him....that to me tells me they think Graham doesnt have much more to offer imo