What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Graham would be a great influence if we again start to flounder around the half way mark of the season. He is a player that leads by example and with his natural leadership qualities it would take our already awesome forward pack to a whole new level.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think that's coaching error not a players error. A lot of coaches don't like players that play as battering rams but sometimes that's exactly what a team needs. Graham is a mad workhorse on the field but so are LAM, Vaughan and JDB. One of them gets benched for graham which is obviously great for everyone else but hopefully not detrimental to the players ego. I would've thought an outside back would've been better. Aitken has proven to be quite injury prone.
Make that at least 2 outside backs please

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I would argue the longer it drags out, the greater likelihood Graham isn't coming.

You never know, from what is coming from this morning Sunday paper, written by Danny Weidler, his comments ............

".......Bulldogs coach Des Hasler lobbied hard to make sure Graham was still skipper this year. But with Hasler preparing to be paid out, Graham has lost a key supporter.

The board is hoping that the story broken by ex-ref Bill Harrigan that Graham is heading to the Dragons will come true. It's got legs, but has some way to progress."

possm

Coach
Cmon Grouch, I never said this year was a tremendous season. I said it was a frustrating season but a step in the right direction.
Clearly you are frustrated too. Cheer up mate.
My frustration is not with the players, they have shown they are up to it. I just don't understand how our Board, Administration and Coaching Staff can continue to avoid accountablility for all the errors and mistakes they have made for the last 6 years.

NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL THE JOINT VENTURE AND HAVE A REAL CLEAN OUT!!!

possm

Coach
Graham will be a great signing for the clubhouse and training track but not sure about on field, he will miss a bunch of games from concussion alone next year. The dogs have got into trouble because you have front row forwards playing like halfbacks and halfbacks playing like ball boys.

JDB has started playing the halfback game, Graham will just add to that and we will have 2 good halves playing passenger. We have enough ball players in the forwards and I would rather spend less coin on a young version of Ah Mau who just has to run straight and hard and tackle.

I would rather chase someone like Boyd or RCG or find a Junior Paulo type that can get us on the front foot.

A Tough ball playing prop is just what our squad needs. We have Vaughan and Ah Mau who run hard at the line with little though of passing the ball. Our great coaching staff just need to ensure Graham runs hard and direct before selectively off-loading to a team mate.

possm

Coach
Graham would be a great influence if we again start to flounder around the half way mark of the season. He is a player that leads by example and with his natural leadership qualities it would take our already awesome forward pack to a whole new level.
Have GOOD depth in the forwards would be our best solution. We need to rotate our forwards regularly to avoid burn out. Wouldn't it be great if team changes were made geme to game in order to exploit weaknesses in the opposition.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
My frustration is not with the players, they have shown they are up to it. I just don't understand how our Board, Administration and Coaching Staff can continue to avoid accountablility for all the errors and mistakes they have made for the last 6 years.

NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL THE JOINT VENTURE AND HAVE A REAL CLEAN OUT!!!

Selling the joint venture would ensure the end of the Dragons' brand.

It's that painfully simple.

j0nesy

Bench
Hunt (1 mil) + Graham (500k) > Dugan (800k) + Packer (800k)

So for 100k less per season we have significantly upgraded our roster. Yet Millward has stated that Hunt is on far less than 1 mil per season, so it's probably even better than 100k per season. Kudos to Millward.

I'd like us to sign a big, fast winger to either replace Nene and/or shadow Nighty. That should complete our squad for next season.

Dragsters

First Grade
With Milne and Dugan moving on and with Aitken being so injury prone this season, I reckon we need to sign a quality right centre.

We have a number of juniors who can be blooded on the wing to shadow Flo and Nene...

j0nesy

Bench
With Milne and Dugan moving on and with Aitken being so injury prone this season, I reckon we need to sign a quality right centre.

We have a number of juniors who can be blooded on the wing to shadow Flo and Nene...
Gee I don't know. I think we've got quite a few coming through. Aitken, Mann and Nene can play there. And we have Garrick (I think) coming through and Lomax as well.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Hunt (1 mil) + Graham (500k) > Dugan (800k) + Packer (800k)

So for 100k less per season we have significantly upgraded our roster. Yet Millward has stated that Hunt is on far less than 1 mil per season, so it's probably even better than 100k per season. Kudos to Millward.

I'd like us to sign a big, fast winger to either replace Nene and/or shadow Nighty. That should complete our squad for next season.

There are two problems with this scenario:

1. the Dragons haven't officially signed Graham.

2. although young Dufty is playing well, he hasn't proven himself to be an established, consistent first grader.

Under these yet-to-be determined circumstances, Millward hasn't done anything near a "good job".

j0nesy

Bench

2. although young Dufty is playing well, he hasn't proven himself to be an established, consistent first grader.

Under these yet-to-be determined circumstances, Millward hasn't done anything near a "good job".

haha, yeah you're right about that. Getting ahead of myself a bit with the Graham signing.

I'm not going to buy into the Dufty debate. Hunt is a much better footballer than Dugan.

Carlton

Juniors

At fullback this year Dugan has averaged 160m Dufty 123m, kick return metres Dugan 54m Dufty 21m, they both have similar averages for tries and in the last four games Dufty's try assists total one and his ball playing in the backline in those sweeping plays has been no better than Dugans.

Dugan defensively is considerably more solid and has shown so far to be in position to cover kicks more effectively.

Dufty shows promise but honestly he has a long way to go to be the fullback we need. I am not advocating demonising Dufty just that an honest evaluation of his performances right at the moment is needed. He may become a great fullback and I hope he does, but all this crap about how bad Dugan is, is utter rubbish.

epDragon62

First Grade
At fullback this year Dugan has averaged 160m Dufty 123m, kick return metres Dugan 54m Dufty 21m, they both have similar averages for tries and in the last four games Dufty's try assists total one and his ball playing in the backline in those sweeping plays has been no better than Dugans.

Dugan defensively is considerably more solid and has shown so far to be in position to cover kicks more effectively.

Dufty shows promise but honestly he has a long way to go to be the fullback we need. I am not advocating demonising Dufty just that an honest evaluation of his performances right at the moment is needed. He may become a great fullback and I hope he does, but all this crap about how bad Dugan is, is utter rubbish.
Fair enough assessment Carlton, he does look like he will be a good'un but it's not proven yet.

saintm

Juniors

NICE GAME DUFTY,WHERE IS DUGES,NOT ON THE BUS

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

I thought young Dufty acquired himself extremely well, but as he was carried back in-goal by Penrith with relative ease, his lack of size is a worry.

Also, Dufty's proclivity to pass after catching a kick is 'Quinlan-esque'.

Other than these two faults, he is going petty well, and his try was a fantastic reward.

monsterkev

Juniors
I thought young Dufty acquired himself extremely well, but as he was carried back in-goal by Penrith with relative ease, his lack of size is a worry.

Also, Dufty's proclivity to pass after catching a kick is 'Quinlan-esque'.

Other than these two faults, he is going petty well, and his try was a fantastic reward.
You must not have taken notice of the whole game
Nene was pushed back in goal with ease and he's twice the size