What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

grouch

First Grade
Cmon Grouch, I never said this year was a tremendous season. I said it was a frustrating season but a step in the right direction.
Clearly you are frustrated too. Cheer up mate.
They only look like steps because our limbs appear to be moving. Zoom out a bit and you'll see we're just treading water.

It's been frustrating for 6 years. If you're not frustrated, you're not paying attention

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Are you forgetting who's going to be coaching him for 2 of those years?
Hunt played his best football the year before Bennett got to Brisbane. He was playing both sides of the field that year. Since Bennett got to Brissy, Hunt has predominately played on the right side of the field. Milward said that one of the reason's we signed Hunt, was because he can play both sides of the field and that is how we intend to use him. Personally I do not think that Bennett has got the best out of Hunt.

getsmarty

Immortal
Lafai welcomes Dragons interest in former skipper

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

25 Aug 2017, 1:54 p.m.
r0_0_3956_3024_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

James Graham has been linked to a move to the Dragons. Picture: AAP

THE leadership qualities of Bulldogs captain are well known but they don’t always come across easily according to former teammate and current Dragons centre Tim Lafai.

Graham has been strongly linked to the Dragons amid a salary cap squeeze at Canterbury that sees the Bulldogs needing to offload players in order to be cap compliant for next season. The Dragons have also been linked to Broncos prop Adam Blair though a cut-price Graham would be an attractive option for the club.

Lafai, who played alongside Graham for three seasons at the Bulldogs, said he would certainly welcome his former skipper’s presence at the Dragons but said his teammates might take some time to adjust to his thick St Helens accent.

“He’s a great character and leader… even though you didn’t what he was saying a lot of the time,” Lafai joked.

“You just nod your head and say ‘yeah sweet Jimmy’. But he was awesome to play with. He’s a great player and a great bloke off the field.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4880040/graham-tough-to-decipher-for-lafai/?cs=3713

SEAT 1A

Bench
Lafai welcomes Dragons interest in former skipper

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

25 Aug 2017, 1:54 p.m.
r0_0_3956_3024_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

James Graham has been linked to a move to the Dragons. Picture: AAP

THE leadership qualities of Bulldogs captain are well known but they don’t always come across easily according to former teammate and current Dragons centre Tim Lafai.

Graham has been strongly linked to the Dragons amid a salary cap squeeze at Canterbury that sees the Bulldogs needing to offload players in order to be cap compliant for next season. The Dragons have also been linked to Broncos prop Adam Blair though a cut-price Graham would be an attractive option for the club.

Lafai, who played alongside Graham for three seasons at the Bulldogs, said he would certainly welcome his former skipper’s presence at the Dragons but said his teammates might take some time to adjust to his thick St Helens accent.

“He’s a great character and leader… even though you didn’t what he was saying a lot of the time,” Lafai joked.

“You just nod your head and say ‘yeah sweet Jimmy’. But he was awesome to play with. He’s a great player and a great bloke off the field.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4880040/graham-tough-to-decipher-for-lafai/?cs=3713

He looks filthy. Grease those wheels Tim, get him over the line.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If this ends up happening, then i'd expect the announcement will be made after Rd 26 when we play the Bulldogs. I highly doubt the club would announce right before we play them.

DJ21

Juniors
Graham will be a great signing for the clubhouse and training track but not sure about on field, he will miss a bunch of games from concussion alone next year. The dogs have got into trouble because you have front row forwards playing like halfbacks and halfbacks playing like ball boys.

JDB has started playing the halfback game, Graham will just add to that and we will have 2 good halves playing passenger. We have enough ball players in the forwards and I would rather spend less coin on a young version of Ah Mau who just has to run straight and hard and tackle.

I would rather chase someone like Boyd or RCG or find a Junior Paulo type that can get us on the front foot.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Graham will be a great signing for the clubhouse and training track but not sure about on field, he will miss a bunch of games from concussion alone next year. The dogs have got into trouble because you have front row forwards playing like halfbacks and halfbacks playing like ball boys.

JDB has started playing the halfback game, Graham will just add to that and we will have 2 good halves playing passenger. We have enough ball players in the forwards and I would rather spend less coin on a young version of Ah Mau who just has to run straight and hard and tackle.

I would rather chase someone like Boyd or RCG or find a Junior Paulo type that can get us on the front foot.

I think that's coaching error not a players error. A lot of coaches don't like players that play as battering rams but sometimes that's exactly what a team needs. Graham is a mad workhorse on the field but so are LAM, Vaughan and JDB. One of them gets benched for graham which is obviously great for everyone else but hopefully not detrimental to the players ego. I would've thought an outside back would've been better. Aitken has proven to be quite injury prone.

DJ21

Juniors
I think that's coaching error not a players error. A lot of coaches don't like players that play as battering rams but sometimes that's exactly what a team needs. Graham is a mad workhorse on the field but so are LAM, Vaughan and JDB. One of them gets benched for graham which is obviously great for everyone else but hopefully not detrimental to the players ego. I would've thought an outside back would've been better. Aitken has proven to be quite injury prone.

Agree coach has to take a piece of it, but I think there is a difference between what JDB and Graham do (playing before the line and at first receiver) compared to the others who play at the line or offload. I think JDB is salvageable but Graham has been doing it for so long..

getsmarty

Immortal

I Think we have a few spots left...maybe you guys could let us have Gagai LOL

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Agree coach has to take a piece of it, but I think there is a difference between what JDB and Graham do (playing before the line and at first receiver) compared to the others who play at the line or offload. I think JDB is salvageable but Graham has been doing it for so long..

I think if graham comes in and McGregor tells him to just play straight like he did in the earlier days he could be a real bargain for you guys. He never gives up no matter what the score is. Only Bulldogs player that turned up in 2014 grand final was graham to be honest. I reckon the dragons forward pack is the best in the comp next year. Just have to look at the backs next.

Latest posts