What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James O'Connor

Matchball

Bench
I was referring to the douche they bring to their respective sports.
I quit cricket when Clarke became captain.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
why did that bald guy steal the ball when he was lining it up?

looks like a pretty boy, would fit in at the roosters. i also assume that since he's a wannabies player he cant tackle either

He's got the talent to be a gun on the field, but there is a risk bringing him across from Rugby, and with his baggage off the field it would probably be too great a risk for most clubs.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Yeah, he would make it, has good lateral vision and reads a game well. He would need to change his tackling style from a legs tackler to a high tackler as per league's current edict.

Reckon around $400k per season in a 2 year contract. He could make a go of 5/8, fullback or even halfback.

Diesel

Referee
With the ARU financially struggling, I'd expect to see a few more Wallaby or Wallaby fringe players jump ship

Canard

Immortal
Yeah, he would make it, has good lateral vision and reads a game well. He would need to change his tackling style from a legs tackler to a high tackler as per league's current edict.

Reckon around $400k per season in a 2 year contract. He could make a go of 5/8, fullback or even halfback.

Ha good joke post.

Especially like the one about how Union backs are "legs tacklers"

Lambretta

First Grade
Ha good joke post.

I fail to see how midgets can be anything other than legs tacklers
If James O'Connor wanted to tackle high he'd need a step ladder and a lear of faith to get there.

Still. I reckon he could rack up a Hindy like tackle count

By running in when the player is already on the ground and touching him on the back. :p

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ha good joke post.

You obviously don't know the game of rugby union or don't want to know the game - in union, 1st man in takles low so the breakaways can get a turn over. I have seen O'Connor tackle union forwards that would have 20kgs + on the largest league forward.

And in union they don't count the second, third and forth man in as tacklers.

He would make it - Wests can sign him.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Would have liked to have seen Ron Giteau's young bloke have a go at the thinking man's game, Matt would have made it in League I reckon

Agreed.

Similar style and build to O'Connor, that is why I reckon I would take a punt on him.

Canard

Immortal
You obviously don't know the game of rugby union or don't want to know the game - in union, 1st man in takles low so the breakaways can get a turn over. I have seen O'Connor tackle union forwards that would have 20kgs + on the largest league forward.

And in union they don't count the second, third and forth man in as tacklers.

He would make it - Wests can sign him.

To claim Union outside backs are more effective tacklers than there league counterparts is either Union snobbery at its finest or plain trolling.

I for one think he could make a decent 5/8th or half in League, however would seriously have to work on his defence.

He is way too small to play in the outside backs and to suggest that someone like Jamie Lyon or Greg Inglis wouldn't tear him a new arsehole is laughable.

Latest posts