What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Would be a quality (talent) signing.

Dragons management simply aren't capable of that.

Straight Shooter

#youknowitmakessense

Still angry at management for not getting your footy cards signed, I see?
In your much sought after opinion, who would you release in his place?
Aitken, Mata'utai or YKG?

We still have money to spend for 2016 - Fact :D

BennyV

Referee
Still angry at management for not getting your footy cards signed, I see?
In your much sought after opinion, who would you release in his place?
Aitken, Mata'utai or YKG?

We still have money to spend for 2016 - Fact :D

I'm sure you were trying to catch OV out and make him look silly (not that it takes much effort) but I'll answer the question...

ALL OF THEM! Although I'd aim for Farrell first, probably a few others, but still...

This guy is mega, if he's not the best centre in the game right now he will be very, very soon. Absolutely electric with ball in hand.

I'm sure you were trying to catch OV out and make him look silly (not that it takes much effort) but I'll answer the question...

Not nice Benny. But I otherwise agree with your answer.

I think JB is still feeling over the moon with the Kurt Mann signing.

Straight Shooter

Cagey Mac

Bench
Given recent news I'd say Manly would be a real chance and certainly whoever gets him will be paying lots
Absolute star!

Mr Red

First Grade

ALL OF THEM! Although I'd aim for Farrell first, probably a few others, but still...

This guy is mega, if he's not the best centre in the game right now he will be very, very soon. Absolutely electric with ball in hand.

+1
I'd even start double checking to see if any of the mentioned dragons players have had their signatures forged on their contracts so they can become free agents ASAP.... hahaha..

hazzbeen

Bench
+1
I'd even start double checking to see if any of the mentioned dragons players have had their signatures forged on their contracts so they can become free agents ASAP.... hahaha..

Then can we check Doust, Mary, :D

Mickthedragon

Juniors
"I feel the need, the need for speed".
This bloke is electric and got the daly m award for one of the centre spots, making him definitely one of the best in the game at the moment.
Would love for us to get him but sadly can't see it happening, especially with Mundine involved.

possm

Coach
"I feel the need, the need for speed".
This bloke is electric and got the daly m award for one of the centre spots, making him definitely one of the best in the game at the moment.
Would love for us to get him but sadly can't see it happening, especially with Mundine involved.

I don't think the Dragons have the cash for Roerts and I feel it will only be a matter of re-drafting this current contract. So I don't see him going anywhere.

Mr Red

First Grade
I don't think the Dragons have the cash for Roerts and I feel it will only be a matter of re-drafting this current contract. So I don't see him going anywhere.

but the point is he has the option of NOT signing the re-drafted contract.
the contract he signed was for 300k a season, and since signing he has become one of the hottest centre prospects on the market..
gold coast will have to find another 200-300k in my opinion on top of re-drafting the contract. i have no doubt his agent will be making a few phone calls as we speak..

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
the contract he signed was for 300k a season, and since signing he has become one of the hottest centre prospects on the market..
gold coast will have to find another 200-300k in my opinion on top of re-drafting the contract. i have no doubt his agent will be making a few phone calls as we speak..

Mr Red I hope one of the phone calls is with Mr Doust... or someone from the club that can make it happen. Not holding my breath...

possm

Coach

You are right!

Next questions are;
Do we have this sort of cash avaialble?
If we do, would Mary spend it on a center? - he refused to pay big bucks for Morris or Merrin.

The Nick

Bench
His missus is having a baby in 5 months plus Roberts feels a great depth of loyalty to Neil Henry.

It's gonna take a BIG offer to get him to uproot at this stage.

Wittenberg

Juniors
He can score a try from anywhere on the field. With Walker supposedly Manly bound and Souths taken out of play via Burgess, as well as the Panthers and Rorters fighting over Hayne preparations, I thought I could allow myself to dream. But WAIT!!!!!! The Bulldogs need a fullback and no doubt they have room under their elastic cap to fit Roberts in and juggle their backline. Ah well I had hoped for a minute or two.

TheRev

First Grade
Roberts is exactly the centre we had been after.. would light teams up and put Nightingale over for 25 tries in half a season.

But.. unless he has some crazy axe to grind with the Titans that we dont know of, he had a contract, and I dont think it would have been a deliberate act, more like just not getting a fresh signature for the updated contract, I can only assume this came up because someone realised and had to tell the NRL before they could resubmit it.

hardbaby

Coach
Roberts is exactly the centre we had been after.. would light teams up and put Nightingale over for 25 tries in half a season.

Doubt it. In two seconds he would leave Nighty so far behind he would have nobody to pass to.