What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

to_ddeath

Coach
Should stay on the G Coast as his history in NSW is appauling.

Yep. Let's not sign or chase any quality players at all because of their past.
Next thing you'll be saying is that Hiku is too quick for our backline & isn't from Corrimal so he should stay at Manly.
Do you ever do positive at all???

T.

Hmm he should stay on the G Coast because they gave him a chance when no one else would and he has excelled.

I have said in another forum the Dragons should look at Hiku but he will stay at Manly because they won't get walker and they are not as silly as the Dragons and let one of the best wingers to have ever played the game to walk away.

But hey read more into it as much as you like its no skin off my nose.

to_ddeath

Coach
Hmm he should stay on the G Coast because they gave him a chance when no one else would and he has excelled.

I have said in another forum the Dragons should look at Hiku but he will stay at Manly because they won't get walker and they are not as silly as the Dragons and let one of the best wingers to have ever played the game to walk away.

But hey read more into it as much as you like its no skin off my nose.

Agree on BMoz that will stain the club for many years to come.
Yes Hiku is very good but Roberts is exceptional.
I'd be content with Hiku but doubly stoked with Roberts.
Wonder how our cap is positioned...

T.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Would love to get Roberts . Watched him play 6 or 7 times last year and he is something special . But Coast has a point about him returning to Sydney . I was talking to a relative of his last year after the Dragons v Titans game and he was saying the NRL didn't want to see him back in Sydney ever ...And either did his family members who care about his well being....Gus Gould said the same thing .

He seems to have settled down on the Goldie and the contract isn't his fault but you would have thought his manager would have at least seen it.

The whole thing seems rather odd.

The Nick

Bench
Would love to get Roberts . Watched him play 6 or 7 times last year and he is something special . But Coast has a point about him returning to Sydney . I was talking to a relative of his last year after the Dragons v Titans game and he was saying the NRL didn't want to see him back in Sydney ever ...And either did his family members who care about his well being....Gus Gould said the same thing .

I find this attitude the NRL has towards Sydney as bizarre to say the least. You can get yourself in just as much trouble, if not more on the Gold Coast.

To blame his off field problems on a city is a cop out.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I find this attitude the NRL has towards Sydney as bizarre to say the least. You can get yourself in just as much trouble, if not more on the Gold Coast.

Exactly. For me, the smaller the city the more trouble I got into!

goggles

Juniors

I think you'll find it's more so a reference to the damaging influences that happen to be in Sydney...

GC Dragon

Juniors
Spot on Goggles that's it in a nutshell . Would love to see him in the red v but it won't happen . They say his contract was for 300k ...Well i think the Titans might have to cough up a bit more now .

goggles

Juniors
Because there's no damaging influences on the Gold Coast, the most lucrative drug market in the country
Nick, I have no idea where the most lucrative drug market in the country is, nor what that has to do with James Roberts? But for what its worth I do know drugs are widely available all over the country...
The point here seems to be... his circle of 'associates' in Sydney has been (by several reports) a negative influence on his life. He has escaped that on the Gold Coast and turned his life around...

BrissyRedV

Bench
Yes but your troubles stem from being plain stupid. His stem from anti-social issues. Completely different.

Amazing, it only took you a little over a week to come up with that! Maybe you aren't as geniused as you present yourself on this forum! I will take your comment as a badge of honour that you should feel the need to trawl through and comment as you have!

Latest posts