What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

BennyV

Referee
Lol@ people questioning his commitment to play for us. It's 2015 people, he will play hard wherever he is, I dont give a f**k if he 'bleeds red and white' or any of that corny crap. Remember that we were Dugans lady resort too, I wouldn't say is changed the way he's played for us.

The Nick

Bench
Lol@ people questioning his commitment to play for us. It's 2015 people, he will play hard wherever he is, I dont give a f**k if he 'bleeds red and white' or any of that corny crap. Remember that we were Dugans lady resort too, I wouldn't say is changed the way he's played for us.

We were Bennett's last resort too. Lucky for him we threw him a lifeline and resurrected his career hey...

ONPOINT

Juniors
Lmao this bleed red and white crap is so funny. I love the older generation of rugby league supporters, actually thinking unprofessional athletes <90s if you could even call them that would even make a 20s team in today's game.

Roberts is a professional athlete he will play and be committed to wherever he signs just as 99% of any player would. Some good examples is josh Dugan. He was committed to the Broncos yet he has been the dragons best player for a few years now

nrlnrl

First Grade
FWIW, Gus just tweeted Roberts has decided his future. Some social media speculation its Souffs.

Not sure what to believe from that Twitter account. Earlier in the week he said he'd been hacked 3 times & wished everyone a Merry Christmas

mickeylane

Bench
Souths looks like the winners of Roberts signature.. Pending 3rd party desk which should Bon brainer w packer on board..,

Rabbitohs strong indigenous ties would have helped..

If it comes off Souths move to top 2 favourite for comp for 2016 IMO

GC Dragon

Juniors
Yesterday everybody said he has signed with the Bronco's ..Today Souths ...Might be our turn tomorrow .

The Nick

Bench
Souths looks like the winners of Roberts signature.. Pending 3rd party desk which should Bon brainer w packer on board..,

I've naively been following your updates re: Roberts, blinded by my optimism I completely forgot you just fling shit at the wall in the hope that something will stick. My bad.

You are entertaining though, I'll give you that much.

BennyV

Referee

Lol @ Top 2!

Roberts is a direct replacement for Walker, at best (assuming the culture at Souths doesn't send him off the rails again). They have also lost Luke and their best edge forwards. Sure, Surgess is a great addition but realistically they have nothing on Roosters, Cowboys, Broncos, Warriors or even Sharks roster.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Good post.

If Roberts signs I think Souths will finish 4th or 5th.

Top 2 will be out of our reach I think.

I have Dragons about 6th or 7th after you guys have recruited very well.

Last edited:

goggles

Juniors
Good post.

If Roberts signs I think Souths will finish 4th or 5th.

Top 2 will be out of our reach I think.

I have Dragons about 6th or 7th after you guys have recruited very well.
Not much between us this year Rabbits20, both somewhere in the 8, luck and injuries to a few sides might determine where...Would you like to swap Benji for Reynolds??? He might provide that bit of unpredictability you guys need.
P.s. you can have a very knowledgeable Russian supporter thrown in for free!

Minh

First Grade
Lol @ Top 2!

Roberts is a direct replacement for Walker, at best (assuming the culture at Souths doesn't send him off the rails again). They have also lost Luke and their best edge forwards. Sure, Surgess is a great addition but realistically they have nothing on Roosters, Cowboys, Broncos, Warriors or even Sharks roster.

Agree, Souths have poured too much into the one basket with Sam Burgess. At this stage of their careers Walker is clearly the better more accomplished centre IMO, he has nearly as much speed, he has size, power, footwork and skill. The loss of Luke is massive, Souths will still be a very good team but not in my top 4....

Latest posts