What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

james segeyaro and other recruits

Randy81

Juniors
He is a better fullback smashed it playing there for windsor in the halves not how a structure will hamper his play at fullback he gets to slot in better

Based on Barrett's comments on nrl summertime, moylan is very much in the mix for fg. Doesn't bother me where he plays as long as he is given the shot. He excels at 1 and 6.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nope, I'm comfortable with playing our best 17, if wes is our best fullback, play him at fullback until someone comes along and out performs him.

So how does Moylan, Roberts etc get better if they don't play? Say we play Naiqama at fb this year Moylan & co are no closer too being fg and even further then the match winners we need in the spine

parra_jesus

Juniors
Obv trials play a massive role , but surely humble will be in the mix as next in line in the halves with injuries. if coote doesn't work out . Or do you think clearly is hell bent on this coote to half back move . And will persist with it .

soc123_au

Staff member
Obv trials play a massive role , but surely humble will be in the mix as next in line in the halves with injuries. if coote doesn't work out . Or do you think clearly is hell bent on this coote to half back move . And will persist with it .

I hope Humble gets a crack at some point. Saw him play a few times for your lot & was hoping we might pick him up back then.

Coote needs to be given time to establish himself. Walsh on the other hand....

franklin2323

Immortal
The purpose of the first grade side is to win matches, not train youngsters.

Normally yes. Gus has continually said we are working towards 2015 to be good. That would mean developing youngsters or buying. You don't spend $6m on an academy too buy a team. So that means playing youngsters so they get good.

franklin2323

Immortal

Normally yes. Gus has continually said we are working towards 2015 to be good. That would mean developing youngsters or buying.

You don't spend $6m on an academy too buy a team. So that means playing youngsters so they get good. We sold Jennings to clear space for the future not to win the comp now.

darkbloom

Juniors
Normally yes. Gus has continually said we are working towards 2015 to be good. That would mean developing youngsters or buying.

You don't spend $6m on an academy too buy a team. So that means playing youngsters so they get good. We sold Jennings to clear space for the future not to win the comp now.

A 4 season re-building phase. Who else would get away with such shite? What other supporters would put with it?

Gus just loves spending. He will buy a team AND an academy.

andrew057

First Grade
A 4 season re-building phase. Who else would get away with such shite? What other supporters would put with it?

Gus just loves spending. He will buy a team AND an academy.

If it pays dividends after the 4 years and the team is successful for years to come most would put up with it.

We can't win the comp next year so what's the point playing proven failures like Walsh Tighe and all our useless backrowers from last year? The young guys need game time in first grade to get ready for 2014 and not coming off the bench for 10mins here and there

franklin2323

Immortal
If it pays dividends after the 4 years and the team is successful for years to come most would put up with it.

Depends on the circumstances. I can handle playing fb's like Roberts, Moylan etc and them making mistakes and losing a few games because 12-18 the aim is them to not make those mistakes and us to be a top team.

I fail too see a spine of Naiqama/Coote/Walsh/Kingston helping us win the comp in 2015. You want improvement.

What I can handle is losing & picking the same team as we seen last year with the minimal changes too a useless backrow.

murraymob

Coach
unless we pick the young guys or sign top end players there will be no 2015.picking walsh tighe is just ground hog day and it will be 2012 every year

franklin2323

Immortal
None of the above will be in the team in 2015. We will have an entirely new 'spine' so you needn't worry.

Well I do worry. It takes 12-18 months to develop players in these positions into anything more then average fg. We need elite not average. So why not start now? It's not like we kicking out or not playing match winners. So no harm in it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well I do worry. It takes 12-18 months to develop players in these positions into anything more then average fg. We need elite not average. So why not start now? It's not like we kicking out or not playing match winners. So no harm in it.

Mate, stop being so negative. You need to get on board and have a little faith in what Gould and Cleary are moving towards. There are so many positive things happening with our club and we are surely moving forward. The young guns are going get there chance of that there is no doubt. For goodness sake can you not be a little more positive.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I would definitely like to see someone else play halfback from the get go this year, in saying that I am very happy with the recruits for this year.

I think we will surprise a lot of teams and go far better than what all the so called experts think.

The quality of our recruits this year while not superstars is leaps and bounds above what we have recruited in the past 4 or so seasons, I am looking forward to the start of the season.

I just want a new halfback used please IC.

darkbloom

Juniors
I would definitely like to see someone else play halfback from the get go this year, in saying that I am very happy with the recruits for this year.

I think we will surprise a lot of teams and go far better than what all the so called experts think.

The quality of our recruits this year while not superstars is leaps and bounds above what we have recruited in the past 4 or so seasons, I am looking forward to the start of the season.

I just want a new halfback used please IC.

The coach has committed only to improving on last year when we finished second last, had the 2nd worst attacking record and 4th worst defensive record.

The CEO has frequently said we will be a contender in 2015.

Not a lot to suggest there should be any confidence about 2013.

Maybe they are just trying to keep under the radar.

Or maybe they are just trying to give themselves an easy pass mark for 2013.

rem286

Juniors
Mate, stop being so negative. You need to get on board and have a little faith in what Gould and Cleary are moving towards. There are so many positive things happening with our club and we are surely moving forward. The young guns are going get there chance of that there is no doubt. For goodness sake can you not be a little more positive.

Fair enough comment, however, if we get to round 6 or so and are travelling poorly will you expect people to be positive if Newton, Walsh, Naiqama and co are picked week in and week out. It is absolute bullsh!t to tell paying members "keep paying those memberships at increased prices, but don't expect to see anything until at least 2015 when I am long gone." If he was a real general manager at a real company he would have been shown the door the second he made a comment like that. I am excited about the season ahead but have no illusions of finishing any higher than 13-14. I am excited to see how some of the young blokes go IF they get a run.

franklin2323

Immortal
^^spot on.

How we finished last season you would think top 8 is possible this season. Virtually the same side we will have. Segeyaro off the bench, Brown/Manu in the team over the likes of Ciraldo/Newton etc. Add Roberts/VTK and we could push top 4 next year.

To go back to similar teams as early last year is going backwards. How many of us said we need to break up the Burns/Walsh halves and pick guys like Achurch & Robinson we did & won 4-6 at the end.

Kilkenny. We won't get JT his pending child being born will keep him up north. Despite this we can be a top 4 side next year.

Given the quality of the NYC & the younger recruits we have a decent team one that can improve even more over the next year or so. We don't need too play the plodders this season.

Latest posts