What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon is a legend!

Duffman

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
2 things.

1. your question "Do you plan to stay long term?" would be answered by mason "I plan to stay until my contract runs out, at which time i would review wheather or not i want to stay or pursue other interests".

2. Six months is better than 1 game.

Okay, I can't be bothered arguing anymore. I think when Mason is offered a contract with the Giants, he will take it. Who would turn down a multi-million dollar contract at the instant.

brett128 said:
Okay, I can't be bothered arguing anymore. I think when Mason is offered a contract with the Giants, he will take it. Who would turn down a multi-million dollar contract at the instant.

What you think Mason will do & what Lyon HAS DONE in the past are 2 different things.

Charlie124

First Grade
dazza62 said:
What you think Mason will do & what Lyon HAS DONE in the past are 2 different things.

exactly, plus its just speculation as to wheather mason would break a contract anyway, there is no justification for saying he will and i think its a little unfair on him to say he would when he has done nothing more than trial with an NFL team, im pretty sure an NFL team requires more than just showing up on the day to get offered a contract.

The whole point i was making was that Lyon HAS done the deed, mason has not.

Duffman

Juniors
ocko said:
i suppose matai is stuffed now that lyon is there?

I thought that as well. But there has been speculation that he will move to lock, as he will beef up a little in the off-season. Or he will be moved to the bench. I personally don't want to see Lyon moved to Five-Eighth, because Burns is a real young talent.

Parraletic

Juniors
I can't wait to welcome the little traitor back to Parra, But it won't be a beer I'll be offering!

Come get some!

ShineDog

Juniors
Jamie Lyon is a talented player thats for sure.
2007 will be the year of the Lyon.

But in saying that, Willie Mason is on the verge of being the next Australian captain.......Willie will be the number one forward in 2007.....trust me.

McCrud

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Willie Mason is on the verge of being the next Australian captain.....

June 1. 2008 - Willie Mason announced as new Australian Rugby League captain.

June 2 2008 - Sales of New Zealand Rugby League jerseys skyrocket by 900 percent.

Ryan

Juniors
I support Manly with all my heart, but one thing is for certain. I would be extremely dissapointed to see Willie Mason leave the game (NRL). I personally believe he is one of the best props (when he plays there) to have EVER been produced in the game today. He has also matured as a leader, a player, and a role model. Much like Ben Kennedy for Manly.

As for Lyon. I know he will always have fond memories of Parramatta, and he holds the club dear to his heart - and he has very close friends there (players wise). I know this because of some of things he said to us at an after game day function @ Brookvale Leagues Club in 2004. That was the day someone put a Manly jumper in front of him when the camera was on him. Hence to say he wasn't pleased at all.
Everything aside though - he is a talented player, and like others have said - it will be interesting to see how he fares in Australia. The games progressed a lot since he left.

As for Matai. He IS a great player no doubt. As someone has wisely said though, Burns is too good to shift from 5/8, and why break up what appears to be a consistent 1/2's combo Manly hasn't seen in a long, long time !!! I'd actually team Matai & Lyon on one flank, Bell & Hicks on the other. For this to work, we (Manly) need one of Williamson, Afamasanga, Wells, Stewart, Cuthbertson, Offerdahl, Grieve or Tutt to step up. There's a few as seen here vying for the 13 jumper, which means healthy competition.

dio

Juniors
Ryan said:
I support Manly with all my heart, but one thing is for certain. I would be extremely dissapointed to see Willie Mason leave the game (NRL). I personally believe he is one of the best props (when he plays there) to have EVER been produced in the game today. He has also matured as a leader, a player, and a role model. Much like Ben Kennedy for Manly.

As for Lyon. I know he will always have fond memories of Parramatta, and he holds the club dear to his heart - and he has very close friends there (players wise). I know this because of some of things he said to us at an after game day function @ Brookvale Leagues Club in 2004. That was the day someone put a Manly jumper in front of him when the camera was on him. Hence to say he wasn't pleased at all.
Everything aside though - he is a talented player, and like others have said - it will be interesting to see how he fares in Australia. The games progressed a lot since he left.

As for Matai. He IS a great player no doubt. As someone has wisely said though, Burns is too good to shift from 5/8, and why break up what appears to be a consistent 1/2's combo Manly hasn't seen in a long, long time !!! I'd actually team Matai & Lyon on one flank, Bell & Hicks on the other. For this to work, we (Manly) need one of Williamson, Afamasanga, Wells, Stewart, Cuthbertson, Offerdahl, Grieve or Tutt to step up. There's a few as seen here vying for the 13 jumper, which means healthy competition.

matai and lyon on 1 side:lol: :lol: , jack will step up dont worry about that

Parraboy

Juniors
I spoke to Lyon this year after a game against Bradford. He had a few under his belt and low and behold he spills his guts and tells me that it was always his intentions to go to manly!!! And his mentor Cleal had hatched the plan to get him there.
Don't be surprised to see him miss the match at Parra Stadium with a mystery injury!
The boy is gutless and and unless Papa cleal says so he won't be there!!

Ryan said:
As for Lyon. I know he will always have fond memories of Parramatta, and he holds the club dear to his heart

:lol: :lol: Yeh, paid a sh*tload for ONE game ,anyone would hold a club dear to their heart for that amount of cash.:lol:

ShineDog

Juniors
Le KooK said:
June 1. 2008 - Willie Mason announced as new Australian Rugby League captain.

June 2 2008 - Sales of New Zealand Rugby League jerseys skyrocket by 900 percent.

We will see....We will see....:D :D

effnic

Bench
One question, why didnt the parra club act on this like sueing him or something for breaking a contract? Serious question no geniuss answering please actually i better not say that i will get no answers from the parra fans.

Ryan

Juniors
Come on guys - I think Jamie Lon played more than just ONE game for Parra as you say. From memory, it's like 50-100 isn't it?

G

gorilla

tbone10 said:
Just putting forward my opinion. The great man just walked into my work at which time i said "welcome to Manly" and he said would you like a beer.

Would Willie Mason do that?

He is going to absolutely murder all comers this season and i can't wait!

Willie is a bozo - he's just big and doesn't perform,

and

Lyons has two season to prove himself otherwise everyone is going to know why he left.

G

gorilla

effnic said:
One question, why didnt the parra club act on this like sueing him or something for breaking a contract? Serious question no geniuss answering please actually i better not say that i will get no answers from the parra fans.

effnic - if someone imposed the no geniuss rule, you'd be stuffed.