What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

V1er

Juniors
I reckon that little kid who was represnting wee waa for jamie lyon would have done a better job.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
eelavation said:
why? because we have an a opinion? you don't have a problem giving it to Tim Smith or Finchy but you get all touchy when we tell the truth about your 700K hack...

grow some balls.
Wasnt it 800k last week?

Lyon was poor but so was King and Cooper. Maybe with better halves we might have been able to see them in action. I didnt see the ball spread wide much at all last night.
If they are going to drop Lyon, bring in Collis. If Grothe plays he will let in as many tries as King.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Immortal said:
I'd love to know why people think Cooper was poor in Game I or Game II.
I didn't think Cooper played to badly, at least he made a few runs from dummy half and didn't run sideways. They Targeted Lyons and King's side the whole game as well, i'd like to see Collis take Juda's spot and Grothe to replace King.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Immortal said:
I'd love to know why people think Cooper was poor in Game I or Game II.
because he hogs the ball IMO, hayne was left open a number of times, and cooper didn't give him the ball, when hayne got it, he was mobbed

God-King Dean

Immortal
hindmarsh4pm said:
because he hogs the ball IMO, hayne was left open a number of times, and cooper didn't give him the ball, when hayne got it, he was mobbed

You can only work with what's in front of you. I can't think of one time Cooper & Hayne were 2-on-1 with a defender. In most cases, it's best for the centre to hold it - less chance for the winger to get bailed over the sideline. I think you'll find most centres are 'hogs'.

Dazzat

First Grade
Immortal said:
You can only work with what's in front of you. I can't think of one time Cooper & Hayne were 2-on-1 with a defender. In most cases, it's best for the centre to hold it - less chance for the winger to get bailed over the sideline. I think you'll find most centres are 'hogs'.

You don't mind a centre 'hogging' if he makes a break or two. Otherwise you want a centre to having a passing game - remember Matt Gidley's flick to a winger. Gasnier and Hodges can also set up their wingers.

That's why Bennett has pushed Tate to the wing ... he doesn't pass.

OnTheHill

Juniors
Downie said:
Isn't he third in line behind Marshall and Hodgson at the Tigers though? If he's as good as you say he is, sure, give him a go at centre with Grothe on his outside.
He is but a lot of Tigers fans are starting to think it won't be that way for much longer.
He got 7 from 7 against the Storm and 6 from 6 last week.

He was also a prolific goal kicker in the juniours apparently.

effnic

Bench
Phillips said:
dropping Cooper would be idiotic
Parra fans trying to have a proper argument while at the same time saying Lyon is on 900k is idiotic, and in the same breath trying to defend there geniusation.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
I've gotta agree with everyone. Lyon needs to prove his place. Until then, no more rep in my opinion.

As for Kite. A little harsh guys.

The bloke gets 32 mins. Half what he plays NRL club level.

On top of that he makes 100m. 100m in 32 mins with 23 tackles. Thats close to the same tackle figures as simpson, mason and bailey. But he does it in half the time.

In 32 mins he makes the same amount of meters that Hidmarsh and Simpson made together in 100mins.

Go figure guys. Your a tough crowd.

Perhaps if Murry knew what the f**k he was doing with his bench rotation kite wouldn't be hidden for 60% of the match. Maybe thats where your all going wrong.

I can only imagine his figures if he got a decent spell on the field.

Stagger eel

Staff member
effnic said:
Parra fans trying to have a proper argument while at the same time saying Lyon is on 900k is idiotic, and in the same breath trying to defend there geniusation.

I said he's on 700K dickhead...and I stand by it, I don't need evidence and you don't have to believe me.

From a St.Helens Rugby fan. We would have Jamie Lyon back tomorrow the way he was playing for us before he came back to Austrailia he was on fire, and he fitted into the side perfect.
If you don't want him send him back over to us.

drake

First Grade
Jamie Lyon FOFC

f**k Off Fat merkin

Cliffy Lyons would have played better if he would have got a call up Wednesday night.

Grail

Juniors
effnic said:

Just a point.
If you are going to claim someone is geniused, it probably wouldn't hurt to not make fundamental spelling mistakes that would make a child blush. Ironic isn't it. :sarcasm:

their, not there.