What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

El Diablo

Post Whore
f**k that

people settling for second rate refs

the fans should launch a class action against them

True EEL

Bench
f**k that

people settling for second rate refs

the fans should launch a class action against them

whether you're joking or being sarcastic or being serious, i think the referring standard has dipped again this year under the great Billy Harrigan and it does need to be improved in general

Gordy

Juniors
Seriously guys - why the hell would Burt run the ball dead or kick into touch or whatever, when he knew there was a chargedown so would almost always be six again. He thought he could play the ball, and next tackle - game over. Blaming Burt is pretty ridiculous.

I want to know why Hayne waited so long to kick? Why did Morgan miss Jennings twice in one movement? Why was Casey Maguire so slow in chasing Simmonds when he was headed for the corner in the previous try? Why did Etu come in on Jennings and leave his winger unmarked? Why did Burt watch the kick into the ingoal go right past him (Cootes first try) ? This stuff happens.

We had plenty of chances but it wasnt meant to be.

Ditto.

strider

Post Whore
just to be a bad parramatta fan, i'll say that i think harrigan's comments are fair enough (and I hate harrigan with a passion!)

i agree that under the current rules a player who turns his back is NOT considered to be playing at the ball

i agree that parra attempted to waste time after burt got tackled and that the refs are probably entitled to then call timeout to give the other team their rightful play the ball ..... if things were the other way around we would have complained that penrith wasted time to deny us one last tackle

there - i said it - i'm a baaaaaaad parra fan

TheParraboy

Staff member
just to be a bad parramatta fan, i'll say that i think harrigan's comments are fair enough (and I hate harrigan with a passion!)

i agree that under the current rules a player who turns his back is NOT considered to be playing at the ball

i agree that parra attempted to waste time after burt got tackled and that the refs are probably entitled to then call timeout to give the other team their rightful play the ball ..... if things were the other way around we would have complained that penrith wasted time to deny us one last tackle

You are bad to the bone strider

George_Thorogood_%26_The_Destroyers_-_Bad_To_The_Bone.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think we were pretty unlucky but also a little bit dumb in that match.

born an eel

Bench
yeh, I'm over it

next
I'm not so much over it but feel enlightened about how the rules should be interpreted.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rules applied correctly for the full 80 mins next week.

I also assume Bill sent Maxwell off to get a refresher course on the signals required of a first grade ref.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Seriously guys - why the hell would Burt run the ball dead or kick into touch or whatever, when he knew there was a chargedown so would almost always be six again. He thought he could play the ball, and next tackle - game over. Blaming Burt is pretty ridiculous.

I want to know why Hayne waited so long to kick? Why did Morgan miss Jennings twice in one movement? Why was Casey Maguire so slow in chasing Simmonds when he was headed for the corner in the previous try? Why did Etu come in on Jennings and leave his winger unmarked? Why did Burt watch the kick into the ingoal go right past him (Cootes first try) ? This stuff happens.

We had plenty of chances but it wasnt meant to be.

(1) if he runs it dead it is guaranteed game over.

(2) the referee decides who gets 6 again, not Luke Burt. Ref was screaming STILL LAST TACKLE - Up to Burt to do something with that isn't it?

(3) even with what went on, there was no need for Burt to play 'I'm taking the ball and going home' - if he'd just given it to the Panthers, time would've expired before they could play it.

(4) if he'd got up and played the ball instead of getting rid of it, time would've expired

(5) if he'd been "injured" in the tackle time would've probably expired...

Sure, PLENTY of other things could've gone our way, plenty of other dumb things we did - but for a veteran to play out the last 10seconds of regulation time the way he did is worthy of copping a bit of blame/ abuse isn't it?
You need your 10 year players to make the 'smart' plays when it comes to the minute stuff, we had the game in the bag had he taken any number of sensible options, but he took just about the only option that could've seen the Panthers given 1 last roll of the dice....

born an eel

Bench
(1) if he runs it dead it is guaranteed game over.

(2) the referee decides who gets 6 again, not Luke Burt. Ref was screaming STILL LAST TACKLE - Up to Burt to do something with that isn't it?

(3) even with what went on, there was no need for Burt to play 'I'm taking the ball and going home' - if he'd just given it to the Panthers, time would've expired before they could play it.

(4) if he'd got up and played the ball instead of getting rid of it, time would've expired

(5) if he'd been "injured" in the tackle time would've probably expired...

Sure, PLENTY of other things could've gone our way, plenty of other dumb things we did - but for a veteran to play out the last 10seconds of regulation time the way he did is worthy of copping a bit of blame/ abuse isn't it?
You need your 10 year players to make the 'smart' plays when it comes to the minute stuff, we had the game in the bag had he taken any number of sensible options, but he took just about the only option that could've seen the Panthers given 1 last roll of the dice....
or hayne could have just drilled it over the sideline as most experienced players would have and time would have runout before they could have packed a scrum. Why take the risk of running it to the line and trying to kick it down field.

Gordy

Juniors
or hayne could have just drilled it over the sideline as most experienced players would have and time would have runout before they could have packed a scrum. Why take the risk of running it to the line and trying to kick it down field.

Or even a bloody hail Mary would've done....... :crazy:

Jodeci

Bench
With a few minutes left on the clock tonight, Wade Graham makes an error and the ref (Jason Robinson) clearly says leave the ball on the ground but what does Graham do, he throws it away.

But cause the score line is not close, he didn't call time off.

Double Standards.

IFR33K

Coach
With a few minutes left on the clock tonight, Wade Graham makes an error and the ref (Jason Robinson) clearly says leave the ball on the ground but what does Graham do, he throws it away.

Double Standards.

Mention it to my brother in law as it happened. Doesn't make any sense.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Double Standards.

what will f**kstick Harrigan say?

NOTHING

Latest posts