What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

SDM

First Grade
No, he will point out an incident earlier in the game which in his eyes justifies the call. Then he will give the team a few poorly disguised insults blaming them for the loss.

Bigfella

Coach
Could not agree more SDM.

He will also agree to pose for a full page photograph in the telegraph, possibly on a Harley davidson.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Nothing he says is going to be good enough. It's not going to change the result. Im over it, got the Doggies to worry about this Friday.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
IMO Maxwell made the correct call, here is my breakdown of the last 20sec
  • 79:40 Hayne shapes to kick but is forced to run because two Penrith players rush out and put pressure on him.
  • 79:43 Hayne kicks and the ball hits a Penrith player not looking at charging the kick down.
  • 79:48 Burt regathers the ball.
  • 79:50 Maxwell can be heard screaming still the last with his arm in the air.
  • 79:52 Tackle is made Maxwell blows the whistle for the completion of the set and is about to rule Penrith play the ball.
  • 79:53 - 79:56 Burt walks off the mark towards Penrith try line Maxwell can be heard saying "here, here" Burt hands the ball to Smith who goes to the try line Maxwell yells "come back here" then calls time off.
  • 79:58 Fox Sports timing monitor stops, and we know what happens next.
Now with the score line that tight the ref's will always call time off the instant the opposition looks at waisting time, it happens in every close game this isn't a once off.

The ref's can't be blamed for the loss.

Last edited:

SDM

First Grade
Nothing he says is going to be good enough. It's not going to change the result. Im over it, got the Doggies to worry about this Friday.

Thats true, bandaged bear cup, bring some dosh for the kids hospital people, they do a great job.

Poor ref decisions have cost us more games than i can count after the last 2 years.
I think we need answers from not just Harrigan but Gallop as well, seems there is some vendetta against our club at present. Very Silly i think the NRL would want their 3 western teams on the winning list and in the finals with GWS starting in the AFL next year. These decisions on the field can turn people off the NRL and maybe start following GWS.
The NRL has to do something anf the first thing is ban betting on matches, while ever there is betting on matches and bookies sponsoring stadiums and teams there will be question marks on ref decisions.

Gronk

Staff member
Poor ref decisions have cost us more games than i can count after the last 2 years.
I think we need answers from not just Harrigan but Gallop as well, seems there is some vendetta against our club at present. Very Silly i think the NRL would want their 3 western teams on the winning list and in the finals with GWS starting in the AFL next year. These decisions on the field can turn people off the NRL and maybe start following GWS.
The NRL has to do something anf the first thing is ban betting on matches, while ever there is betting on matches and bookies sponsoring stadiums and teams there will be question marks on ref decisions.

Yeah I agree. Nothing good comes from gambling on footy and leaves it open for shenanigans. Love to chat to those who punted on Samoa yesterday in the Wallabies match...

Hallatia

Referee
I hope he doesn't try to justify it, any justification would just be insulting. I almost don't want any official talking about it because we won that game and nothing can give us back the win we earned.

we should have been 12-18 pts in front anyway, we wasted too many chance in thier 20 in the 2nd half with drop balls and poor play the balls.

Kornstar

Coach

With the favoring that Melbourne enjoyed from 06 till now, it astounds me that after the whirlwind back half of 09 and the 75,000 people that turned up to the major semi, that the Eels aren't the ones getting the preferential treatment!

The Eels run blew the roof off the game and yet the refs gave Melbourne everything in the GF, they reffed the grapple and slowing the play the ball down etc in 09 only to let Melbourne play that style in the most important game of the year???

I have never seen before the interest in the game than the back of 09, you would think that would be enough for the game to want us to be successful, yet we see time after time the absolutely ridiculous calls against us!

These refs are the problem with the game and I understand why people are walking away, why bother watching when your team can't win because of the most disgusting refereeing we have ever seen!

We cost us the game on Saturday but the refs were a major part of the result, they are inept and I can't believe they get paid well to be that shit!!!!

Juniors
So you dont think we have had MORE than our fair share of bad calls, including 50/50's and 70/30 call which should be going our way?

I recall 2 tries vs souths earlier this year that were disallowed, are you telling me they were the right call?