What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
So you don't think we have had MORE than our fair share of bad calls, including 50/50's and 70/30 call which should be going our way?

I agree we do get our fair share of bad calls so do other teams in the comp. I recall Manly getting a dud call last year on a Kris Keating pass that went 5m forward which led to a Reddy try.

I recall 2 tries vs souths earlier this year that were disallowed, are you telling me they were the right call?

Once again I agree with you, those two disallowed tries should of at least been sent to the video ref.

I still don't understand how this is relevant to my original post???

Juniors
i dont think it was a chargedown either however, why the need to stop time on a change over....Also i must say we must have one of the dumbest football teams in the comp...Cannot play smart footy for 80 mins...

SDM

First Grade
We have had a few go our way too. The reffing can be pretty average at times, but in my opinion, the posts above are tin foil hat stuff.

Juniors
I agree we do get our fair share of bad calls so do other teams in the comp. I recall Manly getting a dud call last year on a Kris Keating pass that went 5m forward which led to a Reddy try.

Once again I agree with you, those two disallowed tries should of at least been sent to the video ref.

I still don't understand how this is relevant to my original post???

I believe in the overall context of your post i believe we make our own bad luck as well as never get any benefit of the doubt through the refs eyes, both these lead to us losing tight games.

Kornstar

Coach
I yelled out at the game for Burt to just kick it dead, I was spewing when he took the tackle! I don't blame him though, fatigue and pressure get to the best of us.......

I don't blame the ref for the loss but I do question his actions at the end of the game and I can't believe they missed 2 very obvious forwad passes, first one was in the set the scored just before half time and the second was in the play before the field goal, both were right in line with where I was sitting and they were both very poor misses!!

We still should have ran away with it when Lewis and Plum went off back to back!

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
why the need to stop time on a change over....

Because Burt walks off the mark then hands the ball to Smith who takes it back to the in goal deliberately trying to waste time after repeated calls to stay on the mark. In every tight game the ref will call time off if the opposition looks at winding the clock down.

Kornstar

Coach

Pretty sure Manly were given 2 tries that game that shouldn't have been, we were owed that!!

Why does the thread receive a star, when someone has rated it terrible? I saw the star & thought - why would anyone give this thread a star - then went and looked at the rating system, and 1 star = terrible. A bit misleading. Maybe have a bucket or something as a terrible rating, not a star!

Eelectrica

Referee
Consistency is all we ask for as fans, and we don't get it. This week they blow time off any other time, the clock keeps going.
Sometimes teams get penalised for 'walking' off the mark, other times a players walks forward and it's play on. I'm sure we could all write a book about it!

lockyrulz

Juniors
Quit whinging, this happens every time a game is close ffs.

You already had a try where the defender assisted that should not have been allowed.

Just wondering what others think. If Parra were leading by 12 instead of 6, would Maxwell have made the same call. If it were 3 seconds before half time, would he have made the same call?

The player that apparently didnt play at the ball, was running toward "the ball", he wasnt just standing still when the play began, he wasnt running out of the stadium - any other time during the game, it would have been called 6 again (That is what Burt was expecting, I think).

Has nobody brought up the 2 forward passes in Penrith's last set(prior to the field goal) The touchy was right in line - no call. Finally, have a look at the 2nd field goal attempt by Burt, Civoncieva (who was ment to be "marker") was nearly past the dummy half before the ball had been played.

I dont care if it slows down the game, but, bring in a decision review for teams - maybe 2 a game, similiar to cricket, tennis, NFL etc etc. If the review is successful, then they get it back.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Just wondering what others think. If Parra were leading by 12 instead of 6, would Maxwell have made the same call. If it were 3 seconds before half time, would he have made the same call?

If we are winning by 12 would the same call be made? Probably not, the ref's have showed consistency in the past in close games where they have called time off if the opposition is trying to waste time.

The player that apparently didn't play at the ball, was running toward "the ball", he wasn't just standing still when the play began, he wasn't running out of the stadium - any other time during the game, it would have been called 6 again (That is what Burt was expecting, I think).
Watch the reply, Hayne ran the ball, the player was going in to make the tackle Hayne then kicks the ball which hits the player in the chest question here is does that constitute being played out????

Kornstar

Coach
If we are winning by 12 would the same call be made? Probably not, the ref's have showed consistency in the past in close games where they have called time off if the opposition is trying to waste time.

Watch the reply, Hayne ran the ball, the player was going in to make the tackle Hayne then kicks the ball which hits the player in the chest question here is does that constitute being played out????

If he was going to make the tackle then he 100% was playing at it!

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Has nobody brought up the 2 forward passes in Penrith's last set(prior to the field goal) The touchy was right in line - no call. Finally, have a look at the 2nd field goal attempt by Burt, Civoncieva (who was ment to be "marker") was nearly past the dummy half before the ball had been played.
The problem here is the touchy is just about as good as a goldfish with a playstation, untill the video ref can rule on forward passes we will continue to see dud calls like this.

Mr_E

Juniors
Here's one from left field.

What about the shoulder charge to Etu's head? Directly lead to a try. And yes I watched carefully on replay. Not good.
Coote should have been put on report and we get a penalty.

that try was fine because the the player who assisted did not touch the defender only his own player.
Yes we have had some calls go our way this year infact i thought the refs were harsh on penrith in the 1st half we were also slow in the ruck but they pot penalized 5 times for it and us only once. We were dudded 2 tries against the rabbits earlier in the season. We did get a lot of the calls our way against the tigers a couple weeks back but that would be the only game this year that we got the calls our way.
Last year we got a lucky call against Manly and thier coach broke the dressing room door and had a big whinge in the media, SK just said he was puzzled by the call.
At least we cop it on the chin and sook like moanly.