What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarred Maxwell......

Freak2

Juniors
Let's not go there with the Coote tackle. If the shoe was on the other foot there is no way you would cop it not being a try.

He dropped the ball after he fell into him. No malice or foul play just some rotten bad luck.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Let's not go there with the Coote tackle. If the shoe was on the other foot there is no way you would cop it not being a try.

He dropped the ball after he fell into him. No malice or foul play just some rotten bad luck.

Fell into him or not everyday of the week that is a penalty for attacking a players head....

Everyones best mate Idris was put on report for coming in contact with the opponents head on friday night when he was on the way to the ground... There was no malice in it either..

i think Etu has been cited for attacking the shoulder of Walsh and then head butting Burns' forearm, he could be out for 4 weeks, surprised he wasn't sent off..........

spiderdan

Bench
Yeah I thought that was very suss.

Have they changed the rules for this now?

Didn't Adrian Morley get rubbed out for 4 weeks for something like this a few years back?
that one i think should have been a penalty (ditto for the one the tigers player put on the roosters dude in last year's semi). the rule is pretty clear cut about making contact with a player's head or neck. the commentators said something about it being ok because etu was falling but how many times has a player been penalised for clipping a player high when they've been falling and the ref said "it doesn't matter. you made contact with the head". bad call that one.

coote clearly made contact with etu's chin (and got him flush as well).

There was also a very cat like cheap shot on etu while on the ground half out of it Travis "CAT" Burns, i think that should have been enough to stop the try being scored, how did Burns know if Etu had a neck injury of anything like that? Burns needs to be outed from the game he is the modern day Les Boyd.

Kornstar

Coach
I am sure Fui has been suspended for a similar incident? I guess it's ok to suspend Fui though, he deserves it!

True EEL

Bench
I am sure Fui has been suspended for a similar incident? I guess it's ok to suspend Fui though, he deserves it!

oh Jesus yes....if it had been Fui, he would have got 6 weeks, and deserved it!!!!

against Cronulla last year was it, the exact same thing and he got suspended

True EEL

Bench
and Maxwell was running in blowing a penalty whilst Burt was being taken to ground under the tackle.....either that he was running in during the tackle to say changeover and THEN decioded to give a penalty, i mean wtf???

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Just wondering what others think. If Parra were leading by 12 instead of 6, would Maxwell have made the same call. If it were 3 seconds before half time, would he have made the same call?
To me, the issue here isn't so much that the clock was or wasn't stopped, it is that there really is no consistency, or even guidelines, about when this should be done.

The "locking the scrum" rule, and the "40 seconds for a line dropout" rule, are both examples of the bandaids that the NRL has come up with recently.

The problem with the NRL rules, the refs, and the way that decisions are made, has not changed - reactionary solutions instead of a broad review of rules on the whole.

forward pass

Coach
Seriously guys - why the hell would Burt run the ball dead or kick into touch or whatever, when he knew there was a chargedown so would almost always be six again. He thought he could play the ball, and next tackle - game over. Blaming Burt is pretty ridiculous.

I want to know why Hayne waited so long to kick? Why did Morgan miss Jennings twice in one movement? Why was Casey Maguire so slow in chasing Simmonds when he was headed for the corner in the previous try? Why did Etu come in on Jennings and leave his winger unmarked? Why did Burt watch the kick into the ingoal go right past him (Cootes first try) ? This stuff happens.

We had plenty of chances but it wasnt meant to be.

True EEL

Bench
Seriously guys - why the hell would Burt run the ball dead or kick into touch or whatever, when he knew there was a chargedown so would almost always be six again. He thought he could play the ball, and next tackle - game over. Blaming Burt is pretty ridiculous.

I want to know why Hayne waited so long to kick? Why did Morgan miss Jennings twice in one movement? Why was Casey Maguire so slow in chasing Simmonds when he was headed for the corner in the previous try? Why did Etu come in on Jennings and leave his winger unmarked? Why did Burt watch the kick into the ingoal go right past him (Cootes first try) ? This stuff happens.

We had plenty of chances but it wasnt meant to be.

i agree with basically all of this.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have had a few go our way too. The reffing can be pretty average at times, but in my opinion, the posts above are tin foil hat stuff.

Yep. It all comes out in the wash.

The refs are bad at times but I wouldn't say they ever favour any team over any other.

Western_Eel

Juniors
With the favoring that Melbourne enjoyed from 06 till now, it astounds me that after the whirlwind back half of 09 and the 75,000 people that turned up to the major semi, that the Eels aren't the ones getting the preferential treatment!

The Eels run blew the roof off the game and yet the refs gave Melbourne everything in the GF, they reffed the grapple and slowing the play the ball down etc in 09 only to let Melbourne play that style in the most important game of the year???

I have never seen before the interest in the game than the back of 09, you would think that would be enough for the game to want us to be successful, yet we see time after time the absolutely ridiculous calls against us!

These refs are the problem with the game and I understand why people are walking away, why bother watching when your team can't win because of the most disgusting refereeing we have ever seen!

We cost us the game on Saturday but the refs were a major part of the result, they are inept and I can't believe they get paid well to be that shit!!!!
Who's walking away?

Western_Eel

Juniors
He actually pushed the NSW player (Ben Creagh?) off the QLD player making it even more obvious that it should be a no try.

You can't directly interfere with a defender but as far as i'm aware you can leagally push your own player or the ball towards the ground or the try line.

Correct!

Eels Dude

Coach
With the favoring that Melbourne enjoyed from 06 till now, it astounds me that after the whirlwind back half of 09 and the 75,000 people that turned up to the major semi, that the Eels aren't the ones getting the preferential treatment!

The Eels run blew the roof off the game and yet the refs gave Melbourne everything in the GF, they reffed the grapple and slowing the play the ball down etc in 09 only to let Melbourne play that style in the most important game of the year???

I have never seen before the interest in the game than the back of 09, you would think that would be enough for the game to want us to be successful, yet we see time after time the absolutely ridiculous calls against us!

These refs are the problem with the game and I understand why people are walking away, why bother watching when your team can't win because of the most disgusting refereeing we have ever seen!

We cost us the game on Saturday but the refs were a major part of the result, they are inept and I can't believe they get paid well to be that shit!!!!

That's a bit over the top. Sometimes you get the rub of the green others you don't. The call the other night was disgraceful, but we won the penalty count 8 to 4 so you can hardly say the refs are out there with a vendetta to cost us games. Geez.

i know one thing i stopped betting on the NRL earlier this year, too many dud calls. Infact i don't think there is a sport that you can bet on and say it's completly above board, I've seen some things happen over the years at country race meets.

SDM

First Grade
i know one thing i stopped betting on the NRL earlier this year, too many dud calls. Infact i don't think there is a sport that you can bet on and say it's completly above board, I've seen some things happen over the years at country race meets.

I am pretty sure the pokies are fixed too, I can never come out on top over an extended period.

Kornstar

Coach
Who's walking away?

I know people who aren't massive fans but say they follow teams and buy merchandise etc who are over the dud calls and are losing interest because of the garbage officiating.......

That's not for me to judge them but it does happen and I have heard it more and more in the last year is all....