What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

Lambretta

First Grade
f**k me talk about premature adulation :lol: .

I like that - permission to plaguarise please?

Hayne is a good fullback and a decent winger, however he was a failure at five eighth.

Anyone who gets put in a ball playing position and then gets dropped - does not deserve the best player in the World tag, regardless of how pretty his ball running looks.

If Brett Stewart was fit he wouldnt even play his favoured position for his State. Mark Geyer (who said Hayne is the best in the World on the Roast last week) needs to put his c**k away and keep his mouth shut.

Lambretta

First Grade
I can't stand the germ. Has one of those faces you just want to punch. Can't explain why.

There's probably two reasons for this

#1. You are an angry young man
#2. Your anger comes from Canberra being sh*t

So - actually - just one reason. Your team is sh*t - therefore anyone who is not sh*t fills you with rage. Welcome to the club.

Sleep

Juniors
He's in great form at the moment. Probably the best in the NRL. Best player in the world though? Nope.

He should get a spot on the wing for Australia though over Boyd.

Lambretta

First Grade
Anderson coach of the year = lol - bennett or moore and no-one else.

Anderson is coach of last week and possibly the week before.

But here is my coach of the season.

W183CDN_2.JPG

Loudstrat

Coach
I like that - permission to plaguarise please?

Hayne is a good fullback and a decent winger, however he was a failure at five eighth.

Anyone who gets put in a ball playing position and then gets dropped - does not deserve the best player in the World tag, regardless of how pretty his ball running looks.

If Brett Stewart was fit he wouldnt even play his favoured position for his State. Mark Geyer (who said Hayne is the best in the World on the Roast last week) needs to put his c**k away and keep his mouth shut.

Wasn't Langer dropped by Bennet in his first 'last' game for the Broncos?

Lambretta

First Grade
Wasn't Langer dropped by Bennet in his first 'last' game for the Broncos?

Maybe so cheeky - but there is a big difference between a bloke who hasnt earned his stripes yet and one who a coach considers getting too old. Langer was hardly at the peak of his prime at that time was he?

Hayne getting called the "best player in the World" in the same season he has failed to make his mark in a ball playing position? Come on.

That's like calling a rock group the best band of all time after releasing two albums: one album that bombed and one that was a sales success.

Hayne is a good player - but he doesnt deserve this level of adulation.

Last edited:

Jizmizm

Juniors
I dont think he's the best player in the world. Maybe has the potential to.

But why is it people seemingly only think ball players can be considered the best?

isaiah

Bench
He's been doing it since 2006, although the first half of 08 wasn't his best.

:lol: Hayne's first 7 weeks of club footy earned him the Dally M Rookie of the year medal! His 07 form was phenomenal.

I'd like to see any 6 week period of club footy where Inglis had such an impact. Hayne has single handedly won matches for Parra.

In the last 10 or so weeks, the only player who, in club footy, who could challeng him for the best player in the comp, imho, would be Jennings.

These 2, plus Stewart, will flog Queensland in the nest few Origins.

funny, all three have played in losing origin games this or last season.
when will they start flogging?

Didgi

Hayne is the best player in NSW, and maybe the best outside back in Australia on current form, but he is definitely not the best player in the world.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Twice the player Lockyer's been for the Broncos for the past 6 years, barring a good period of football for 10 weeks leading upto grand final 06.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Maybe so cheeky - but there is a big difference between a bloke who hasnt earned his stripes yet and one who a coach considers getting too old. Langer was hardly at the peak of his prime at that time was he?

Hayne getting called the "best player in the World" in the same season he has failed to make his mark in a ball playing position? Come on.

That's like calling a rock group the best band of all time after releasing two albums: one album that bombed and one that was a sales success.

Hayne is a good player - but he doesnt deserve this level of adulation.

How long did it take Lockyer to adjust moving from fullback to five eight? A good solid year I belive.

Lambretta

First Grade
How long did it take Lockyer to adjust moving from fullback to five eight? A good solid year I belive.

Inglis also had a period of adjustment moving to five eighth and I would rate him a better player than Hayne.... but not by that much if Hayne keeps this form up for say three or four years as Inglis has.

Thurston would be the best player in the World in my opinion.

Lockyers star is waning and Hayne's is on the rise.

Players need to fully establish themselves and truly make their mark on the game before earning such high regard.

Hayne has the potential to be the best in the World - but he aint there yet.

legend

Coach
Hayne is the most exciting player to watch in the game without exception. He is a freak and his stats show how much better he is than any other fullback at the moment.

On form, he is CURRENTLY the best player in the world. Neither Inglis, Slater or Thurston are close to him at the moment.

Latest posts