What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
He's a great player but I wouldn't say the best.

Would love to see a replay of Morris chasing him down tonight!

lol don't think he's quite the best in the world, but he is certainly very very good.

I always get a laugh out of people who think he is overrated. Tall Poppy Syndrome if I've ever seen it

andrew057

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];5839818 said:
He's a great player but I wouldn't say the best.

Would love to see a replay of Morris chasing him down tonight!

I think I saw Jovan Clarke run down Andrew Johns once.

Danish

Referee
The most exciting player in the nrl by a country mile.

As important to his team as any player in the comp.

Best player in the world this and the last few weeks, but he needs to hold that title for a while before itcan be acknowledged.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im not game to say he is the best in the world. But I think Daniel Anderson has to be coach of the year considering what he has done with the team. Especially considering he had no choice on the players he wanted. I know Peter Moore and Wayne Bennett have done wonderful things too this year, but they didnt walk into the mess that Ando did.

Eels Dude

Coach
Inglis and Thurston are currently better. He'd easily be third behind them currently though. It's not helped his cause that for the past couple of seasons he's been playing at a club which has underperformed. It takes a hell of an effort to look like the best player in a side which gets beaten more weeks than not, hence with parra mid season and the Blues also.

lockyno1

Post Whore
But I think Daniel Anderson has to be coach of the year considering what he has done with the team.

You are kidding me right?

Cartright- Titans first finals appearance (likely)
Bennett- Minor premiers/potential premiers
Moore- Wooden spoon side to the top 2 in 1 year

All 3 have had better seasons than Anderson. It was not long ago Parra were 2nd last!

Lewk

Juniors

All 3 have had better seasons than Anderson. It was not long ago Parra were 2nd last!

1 - About time.

2 - The boat just needed a good rudder.

3 - Old wooden spoon side to a brand new BOUGHT top 2 side.

Hardly coaching master strokes.

Eelementary

Post Whore

..With absolutely no disrespect to the playing roster, have you seen our roster?

We have Jeff Robson at halfback - I love the bloke's guts, his defence and just his overall passion. But he's no superstar.

We have a very ordinary pack.

And for a long time there this year there was no passion in the team.

All of a sudden Anderson has gotten a bunch of nuffies (no disrespect lol) to play with pride and passion - and look at the results. We're even missing two of our better players in Keating and Mateo but they're still performing well. A little late, true.

Not saying he's coach of the year but given the off-field crap the club endured this year and the roster he inherited, Ando would have been lucky to avoid the spoon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As for Hayne, he's not the best player, but he's damn close - you want to talk about regular dominance? FFS - every time he's played fullback at club level he's dominated. And every time he's played Origin - on the freaking wing - he's been the best on the field or close to it. He's a freak, and you all know you'd take him in your teams.

Big Pete

Referee
Ever since his game against the Broncos in Round 8 I've really been impressed with Jarryd Hayne. After years of watching him waste his talents on petty tactics and half-hearted displays Hayne is finally show casing the potential that made him so famous in 2006 and as a general Rugby League fan I've been enthralled by his ability (as a Queensland supporter on the other hand...). Heck tonight I actually tipped and barracked for the BroncDogs before I caught myself cheering Hayne on - he's just that kind of player at the moment.

I believe Anderson has been a great buy for the Eels. Finally they have somebody who's confident and is ready to make the big calls and has all the finals experience to back it up. Unfortunately for the Eels their roster just wasn't up to the task in 2009 and his unorthodox approach of ignoring the Eels 2008 season cost them a real shot at the top eight. In all fairness, I believe that approach will have greater effects in the long term. Although...Eels fans...Hayne at Five Eigth?! C'mon surely based on that alone Anderson should be DQ'd from the Coach of the Year award. :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, Hayne at 5/8 was an...Unorthodox tactic...But the reasoning behind it was solid (ie: get the ball in Hayne's hands as much as possible).

I always liked Ando and was very excited when we signed him on. And now that he's starting to build the team his way, it's exciting times ahead for Eels fans.

As for Hayne, I always hated it when he'd shake the posts when a kicker was lining up a kick or stay down to get his teammates back onside. He doesn't need that sort of rubbish in his game.

One thing is for sure, though - he is a supreme talent. I dare say that if he was playing for a more successful team that people would more openly talk about him in a similar vein to the Inglis' and Slaters.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Ever since his game against the Broncos in Round 8 I've really been impressed with Jarryd Hayne. After years of watching him waste his talents on petty tactics and half-hearted displays Hayne is finally show casing the potential that made him so famous in 2006 and as a general Rugby League fan I've been enthralled by his ability (as a Queensland supporter on the other hand...). Heck tonight I actually tipped and barracked for the BroncDogs before I caught myself cheering Hayne on - he's just that kind of player at the moment.

I believe Anderson has been a great buy for the Eels. Finally they have somebody who's confident and is ready to make the big calls and has all the finals experience to back it up. Unfortunately for the Eels their roster just wasn't up to the task in 2009 and his unorthodox approach of ignoring the Eels 2008 season cost them a real shot at the top eight. In all fairness, I believe that approach will have greater effects in the long term. Although...Eels fans...Hayne at Five Eigth?! C'mon surely based on that alone Anderson should be DQ'd from the Coach of the Year award. :lol:

A Broncos fan that is already calling season 2009 done and dusted? The Eels have more of a chance of making the eight from this position than you do. I give it a fortnight before we are 9th and pushing for the eight. There is no reason why we can't beat Cronulla and Newcastle other than our inconsistency creeping back in.

caylo

Bench
Oh his move to 5-8, anderson didnt think he was fit enough to play fullback. I can understand where Anderson is coming from because I can remember Hayne being obviously tired in certain match in previous years at fullback.

Hayne has played 10 times better than he ever has at fullback and IMO that has all to do with Anderson. ATM Hayne hs been the best fullback in the last 2 months or so since he moved there. IMO Hayne is playing at a higher level then Slater, Hunt or Stewart have every played and is currently playing aswell as someone like Mini when he was inform. If Hayne can keep this for up the whole way through next year I dont think anyone can take the NSW and AUS #1 jersey away from him and he will be classed in the top few NRL players.

aussies1st

Staff member
Certainly the most in form player with Soward and Thurston. The impact he is having on the game is much greater than any of the current fullbacks including Slater. But to get Best player in the World you have to do it for more than a few months.