What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

If he can sustain this type of performance for a couple of years,then yes he would go close.I wonder who the Eels will throw more money at Hayne or Thurston?

abpanther

Staff member
[FKN-SIK];5839818 said:
Would love to see a replay of Morris chasing him down tonight!

I saw the replay of that, I think he caught him coz Hayne was running on an angle towards him, if he ran for the opposite corner would've been interesting...

Great player, has to start at fullback for the blues next season if he keeps this form up.

I saw the replay of that, I think he caught him coz Hayne was running on an angle towards him, if he ran for the opposite corner would've been interesting...

Great player, has to start at fullback for the blues next season if he keeps this form up.
Except if Stewart is available.He goes good on the wing in origin.

isaiah

Bench
I look at it this way if he was on the open market he would only be behind Thurson and Inglis as far as $$$ is concerned. I however would not swap him for any player in the world.

Hail the new King. !!

hayne.jpg

the qld backline is the australian backline and hayne if he was eligible would make the qld side, but only until folau came back. what about his form the first 7 games of the season?

abpanther

Staff member
the qld backline is the australian backline and hayne if he was eligible would make the qld side, but only until folau came back. what about his form the first 7 games of the season?

At the moment I would take Hayne over any player in the QLD backline (1-5) except Inglis

caylo

Bench
Except if Stewart is available.He goes good on the wing in origin.

I think Kidley is going to be harder for Hayne to displace then Stewart because he is the captain. BUT he should get the Australian and NSW gig on current form. I would see Hayne displacing Slater by the end of the year at fullback, what might work against Hayne is Parra not playing finals footy.

If we managed to make the 8, I think Hayne would all but have the australian #1 raped up by the end of the year.

isaiah

Bench
A Broncos fan that is already calling season 2009 done and dusted? The Eels have more of a chance of making the eight from this position than you do. I give it a fortnight before we are 9th and pushing for the eight. There is no reason why we can't beat Cronulla and Newcastle other than our inconsistency creeping back in.

lol, parra season was gone after 7 games. wont be resurrected, imo.

aussies1st

Staff member

He would get in over Boyd easy. On current form he would get in over the rest as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Best player in the game? Not yet.
Form player of the game? Easily.

So long as he doesn't end up like Terry Campese, he could very well be the best player in the world at this point next season. He would also be my first choice player for the Australian backline... at fullback.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Hayne is any backline in any team in any world at either fullback or wing.

We are talking about a guy who in three series for NSW has won their Player of the Series twice. We are talking about a guy who was just about the best player FROM THE WING in the 2009 Origin series from either side.

The test for Jarryd Hayne at club level is to consistently bring this perforance year after year.

At the moment, as of right now, as of today, on form, Jarryd Hayne is the best player in the competition.

If I was asked to answer who is the best player in the world (taking in to account all of the above including year to year to consistency over the past three seasons)? With no hesitation, the answer would be, "Inglis and Thurston. Can't split em. Hayne third and closing."

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
He would get in over Boyd easy. On current form he would get in over the rest as well.
i'd have boyd and a fully fit tate still in front of him.
i think meninga and bennett are both happy with boyd.
i still think about hayne's first 7 weeks of club footy and call him inconsistent.

isaiah

Bench
Jarryd Hayne walks into that QLD side on current form...

....oops, he's not Greg Inglis.

inglis was placed at norths devils here in brisbane to play colts in the melbourne system. i saw him play at runaway bay at an u17 carnival and was already on their books. if it was where you were born, sterling might have played some 6 for qld outside alfie or mark murray!

mxlegend99

Referee
As opposed to the rest of the players who have carved up every week this season?

Jarryd Hayne has been far more consistant then any other player this season. His poor games early one were while he was attempting to play at 5/8... since moving to fullback he has been carving up every single week.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think Anderson's decision to make Hayne play 5'8th has payed off in a way. He had to touch the every set but also make a stack of tackles, and he was made to train harder as a result. It's paying dividends now because he's a lot better and has been taught some basic passing skills and isn't afraid to take the ball to the line.