What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

dragonfire

Bench
I dont care it Gidley is captain NSW needs to have Hayne at fullback where he can roam and inject himself whenever he wants in attack

hutch

First Grade
I dont care it Gidley is captain NSW needs to have Hayne at fullback where he can roam and inject himself whenever he wants in attack

we are better served with hayne on the wing and brett stewart at fullback, gidley will be on the bench.

typicalfan

Coach
The other option is to play Gidley in the halves and have either Luke Lewis or Ben Hornby from the bench though I expect next year Jamie Soward will come heavily into contention.

Mr Saab

Referee
I think Kidley is going to be harder for Hayne to displace then Stewart because he is the captain. BUT he should get the Australian and NSW gig on current form. I would see Hayne displacing Slater by the end of the year at fullback, what might work against Hayne is Parra not playing finals footy.

Losing the series wont help Gidley at all. He will go from captain to a benchie in 2010.

Stewart @ fullback
Hayne @ wing

And thats only because Hayne can play Wing better than what Stewart can

isaiah

Bench
:lol::lol:
OK:lol:

boyd is pretty good club form himself and looks like he'll play a lot of finals footy. he was safe in the origin games. did you see some of the mistakes hayne made in those games as well as the good stuff?

tate proved himself in the origin series last season, enough said.

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
boyd is pretty good club form himself and looks like he'll play a lot of finals footy. he was safe in the origin games. did you see some of the mistakes hayne made in those games as well as the good stuff?

tate proved himself in the origin series last season, enough said.

Rubbish GTFO.

Hayne is king.

Binga

Juniors
i'd have boyd and a fully fit tate still in front of him.
i think meninga and bennett are both happy with boyd.
i still think about hayne's first 7 weeks of club footy and call him inconsistent.

Wow!! After reading this I’m so glad you’re not a selector. I mean Boyd is fair enough as he is the incumbent, but to include Tate in this statement is almost laughable. Oh, and those first 7 weeks you speak of for Hayne, you have to remember that he was playing as a 5/8 in 5 of those games. The next two he got switched to centre which is where he began to show glimpses of his brilliance. Then for the remainder of the season he has played fullback and hasn't played one bad game in this position yet.

tiger_nick

Bench
hard to disagree with the statement. imagine what origin would have been like if he played for queensland? 60-0 all 3 games imo

andirect

Juniors
148092-phil-gould.jpg

NO NO NO NO NO

r132116_439925.jpg

Danish

Referee
LOL @ Parra fans declaring Anderson coach of the year based on 6 good weeks.

2 months ago your side was utter rubbish, playing with no soul and was accused of not giving a sh*t. Then Origin started, Hayne remembered what it was like to play elite footy and got his form back, and on the back of his performances the Eels have managed to win more than they have lost since then.

Anderson couldn't get the side going at all, and if Hayne hadn't hit a purple patch they'd still be down the bottom fighting for 2nd last with Cronulla.

isaiah

Bench

2 months ago your side was utter rubbish, playing with no soul and was accused of not giving a sh*t. Then Origin started, Hayne remembered what it was like to play elite footy and got his form back, and on the back of his performances the Eels have managed to win more than they have lost since then.

Anderson couldn't get the side going at all, and if Hayne hadn't hit a purple patch they'd still be down the bottom fighting for 2nd last with Cronulla.

sounds right

Apey

Staff member

lol agreed.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors

hah!

I agree that Ando shouldn't be coach of the year, but to suggest that it is only because of Hayne is nonsense.

Ando has constructed a side that has lost its initial 3 halves - Mateo, Finch and Keating - and has moved the other one to fullback.

The forward pack that has been criticised for underperforming for years is continually holding their own now, and even dominating field position, and also creating gaps with offloads not seen since Hindy and Caylo were part of the 'Baby Eels' in 2000.

Once the forwards were working and the halves pairing settled, Jarryd was able to work his magic.

Eels Dude

Coach
Anderson isn't coach of the year, anyone who says so is biased. He's done a very reasonable job in a short time. Unlike other new coaches like Bennett, Moore, Henry etc he's not had an entire pre season to work with his side, and had no say on any recruitment and retention issues. He's walked into a club that was in a mess and lost a stack of experienced players over the past 2 years and signed none. He's been forced to rebuild the club and make some tough decisions. He may have made a few mistakes at first but that is part of the rebuilding process and the club seems to be getting back on track and should be a top 8 force again next season.

Loudstrat

Coach
f**k me talk about premature adulation :lol: There's no question he's been in great form of late but a month or 2 of killing it does NOT make you the best player in the world. When he does it for a season or 2, then we'll talk.
He's been doing it since 2006, although the first half of 08 wasn't his best.

i still think about hayne's first 7 weeks of club footy and call him inconsistent.

:lol: Hayne's first 7 weeks of club footy earned him the Dally M Rookie of the year medal! His 07 form was phenomenal.

I'd like to see any 6 week period of club footy where Inglis had such an impact. Hayne has single handedly won matches for Parra.

In the last 10 or so weeks, the only player who, in club footy, who could challeng him for the best player in the comp, imho, would be Jennings.

These 2, plus Stewart, will flog Queensland in the nest few Origins.

skeepe

Immortal
If "best" means most arrogant, most despicable, most unlikable then Hayne is hands down the best player in the world.

I can't stand the germ. Has one of those faces you just want to punch. Can't explain why.

The way he conducts himself on the field is a disgrace. Shows no respect to the officials or the opposition, and I sincerely hope he gets knocked out each time he plays. Again, I don't know why. He's just one of those guys.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He is a farrrrking back FFS.

God damn f**king pretty boy backs.

Without forwards, he is shyte like all other soft c**k backs.