What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne buggers off from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Funnily enough Hayne would have likely gotten around half a dozen punt attempts if Seattle remain true to from this season as they have been stallling like crazy in the 4th quarter. So many 3 and outs for them when the game has been on the line.

Turned out he would've have only had one punt to return all day in any case.

Trent Baalke has total control over who makes the 53 man roster,coaches have zero say.

Trent Baalke and the coaching staff would construct the roster together. Baalke more from a dollar and cents and balance perspective. Tomsula would def get who he wants when it comes to fringe guys.

Anyway, with the news the Niners are negotiating a $10m deal to come play in Sydney, coupled with the unlimited free exposure for their brand in this market... All i'm saying is at least they're getting a positive out of this lost season.

T.S Quint

Coach
I would have thought you would have learnt to cope with that by now being a parra fan

It's a bit like that.
Thing is, the last few years I've been able to cope with the Parramatta season a bit easier knowing that the Niners will cheer me up over the summer months. Now it's just misery all year long. :(

Gronk

Staff member
Random thought by some journo in US

•If Jim Tomsula and Trent Baalke believe Jarryd Hayne isn’t ready to play NFL games, the solution is simple: Trade him now, to the Seattle Seahawks. Pete Carroll would love to get his hands on the Australian. Then, assuming the 49ers are right about Hayne being all flash and fumbles, the 49ers stick the Seahawks with a dud.
•Hayne isn’t playing because he made some mistakes? Then why isn’t every player on the 49ers’ roster a healthy scratch?

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Scott-Ostler-s-deep-thoughts-cheap-shots-bon-6588635.php

Snoochies

First Grade
Jarryd not mentioned at all during Special Teams press conference. Coach said he's very comfortable with Reggie as punt returner.

Jarryd likely to play again (or at least make the match day squad), as Carlos Hyde has a stress fracture to his foot and is expected to be rested for a few weeks.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well it is not like Carlos has been killing it....

Rather sad stats for all 49s offensive players.

It is not as if Jarryd has lost them games...

The rookies will get better with more snaps.

With Carlos out I would expect Reggie not to return punts.

2 and 5 teams do not make playoffs, the coach should be giving rookies more time anyways, this year has to be rebuilding with O line beefed from outside the club.

Gronk

Staff member
Jarryd likely to play again (or at least make the match day squad), as Carlos Hyde has a stress fracture to his foot and is expected to be rested for a few weeks.

You're on the money there Baz. SkyNews reporting that Hayne in with Hyde out injured.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ABC news just reported he has been released, but will be picked up by some other team

18to87

First Grade
ABC news just reported he has been released, but will be picked up by some other team

I would say the chances are higher that he will be back on the 49ers practice squad but happy to be proven wrong. Not sure another team will sign him to an active roster considering he will have to learn a whole new playbook very quickly to deserve a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.