What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This pretty much sums up @ImTheMan last night..

k0HFlhR.jpg
I have no idea what that means but makes about much sense as anything posted last night.

Gronk

Staff member
So they are chatting, she invites him over and haven't met before. He goes over whilst drunk to borrow a cup of sugar and she invites him in. I can only assume she was pretty excited Hayne come to see her....
He then rips her clothes off, bites her pussy and leaves.....

The whole story sounds jerry springer like.

Yes, as plausible as her biting herself.

download (1).jpeg

Fire

First Grade
The procedure in New South Wales can be complicated. However, in Hayne's case it's about as straight-forward as investigation, arrest, and bail can get. Below is an outline of what has happened to Hayne so far:

- Police investigated Hayne's alleged offence and made a decision to prosecute.

- Police arrested Hayne without warrant.

- Hayne may now be subject to investigative procedures such as interviews, identity parades, collection of DNA, etc.

- Court attendance notice issued and/or served (not sure which in his situation) to Hayne.

- Hayne granted bail, conditions met, and he was released.

- Hayne now appears at Burwood Local Court on Monday 10 December 2018 to answer allegation.

The interesting issue in Hayne's case is the offence he is being prosecuted for is an indictable offence (and as such should be heard before a superior court (i.e., the District or Supreme Court)). If a prosecutor believes that Hayne is likely to serve more than two years' imprisonment he or she will elect to have the matter tried on indictment in the District (or Supreme) Court. As the prosecutor has elected to have the matter heard before a Local Court (where a magistrate, generally, cannot impose a penalty of more than two years' imprisonment) tells me that Hayne will likely plead guilty to a lesser offence and not serve a custodial sentence.

Long story longer: In my opinion Hayne won't do time and won't be convicted of aggravated sexual assault but may be convicted of a lesser offence.

I could be wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
I was not suggesting she was not bitten by Hayne but the act and story itself is like a Springer ephisode.
My guess is most likely he bit her. Maybe if drunk he didn't realize how hard? Who knows. It doesn't seem like something someone would make up to me.

Some people say this is how young people meet up these days and its normal.Perhaps it is BUT along with many friends who have used online dating sites it has always been to meet for a drink or a bite to eat. On occassion it may lead to more.

It is irrelevant how you meet someone. There is no difference between Tinder or getting a phone number off a toilet door. The point here is that consent or withdrawal of consent was communicated. If that sticks along with the allegation of assault, then he is toast.

Gronk

Staff member
The procedure in New South Wales can be complicated. However, in Hayne's case it's about as straight-forward as investigation, arrest, and bail can get. Below is an outline of what has happened to Hayne so far:

- Police investigated Hayne's alleged offence and made a decision to prosecute.

- Police arrested Hayne without warrant.

- Hayne may now be subject to investigative procedures such as interviews, identity parades, collection of DNA, etc.

- Court attendance notice issued and/or served (not sure which in his situation) to Hayne.

- Hayne granted bail, conditions met, and he was released.

- Hayne now appears at Burwood Local Court on Monday 10 December 2018 to answer allegation.

The interesting issue in Hayne's case is the offence he is being prosecuted for is an indictable offence (and as such should be heard before a superior court (i.e., the District or Supreme Court)). If a prosecutor believes that Hayne is likely to serve more than two years' imprisonment he or she will elect to have the matter tried on indictment in the District (or Supreme) Court. As the prosecutor has elected to have the matter heard before a Local Court (where a magistrate, generally, cannot impose a penalty of more than two years' imprisonment) tells me that Hayne will likely plead guilty to a lesser offence and not serve a custodial sentence.

Long story longer: In my opinion Hayne won't do time and won't be convicted of aggravated sexual assault but may be convicted of a lesser offence.

I could be wrong.

So I guess what you are saying is that the consent issue us hard to prove, however the bite not so much.

hindy111

Post Whore
It is irrelevant how you meet someone. There is no difference between Tinder or getting a phone number off a toilet door. The point here is that consent or withdrawal of consent was communicated. If that sticks along with the allegation of assault, then he is toast.

If he has bitten her its sexual batterry

Fire

First Grade
So I guess what you are saying is that the consent issue us hard to prove, however the bite not so much.
I guess what I'm trying to say is what Hayne has allegedly done (without seeing the evidence that the prosecutor will put forward) is the "best case scenario" (I will explain below) for the offence he has been charged with (i.e., aggravated sexual assault ('ASA')).

ASA is no joke. Personally, I was shocked when I first heard what he was arrested for. You can read summaries from 1992-2016 for the offence, here: https://www.publicdefenders.nsw.gov.au/Pages/public_defenders_research/Sentencing Tables/Sex_Offences_Sexual_Assault_Aggravated_s61J.aspx In the right-hand column 'Involvement & Summary' there is vile conduct that the convicted did.

Hayne's conduct (at least what has been leaked to the media) do not mirror in the slightest what is described in the 'Involvement & Summary' column.

What the media has reported so far:
>Consensual sexual intercourse
>Was rough
>Bruised and/or drew blood.
^ That's what I meant when I said "best case scenario" for being charged with ASA.

This is why I don't think Hayne will be convicted of ASA but may be convicted of a lesser offence (and why the prosecutor has elected to have the matter heard before a Local Court).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not everybody who is in the public spotlight can adjust to their fame. Some revel in it, some may become withdrawn. There are many examples of those who couldn't handle their fame for whatever reason.

I agree

I also dont subscribe to this " I have lots of followers on social media so I have lots of friend", I would think he doesn't even know 99% of them, they are social media followers, nothing else.

Further, just because a guy has a million followers, doesn't mean he is banging them on a regular basis. I think people who talk about how many followers they have is actually a sign of how alone they are because if you have friends in the real world, you really dont need social media.

Gronk

Staff member
I guess what I'm trying to say is what Hayne has allegedly done (without seeing the evidence that the prosecutor will put forward) is the "best case scenario" (I will explain below) for the offence he has been charged with (i.e., aggravated sexual assault ('ASA')).

ASA is no joke. Personally, I was shocked when I first heard what he was arrested for. You can read summaries from 1992-2016 for the offence, here: https://www.publicdefenders.nsw.gov.au/Pages/public_defenders_research/Sentencing Tables/Sex_Offences_Sexual_Assault_Aggravated_s61J.aspx In the right-hand column 'Involvement & Summary' there is vile conduct that the convicted did.

Hayne's conduct (at least what has been leaked to the media) do not mirror in the slightest what is described in the 'Involvement & Summary' column.

What the media has reported so far:
>Consensual sexual intercourse
>Was rough
>Bruised and/or drew blood.
^ That's what I meant when I said "best case scenario" for being charged with ASA.

This is why I don't think Hayne will be convicted of ASA but may be convicted of a lesser offence (and why the prosecutor has elected to have the matter heard before a Local Court).

See I thought that ASA was strictly an indictable offence which means that it is not presided upon by the Local Court and must be finalised in the District/Supreme Court. Does the Burwood Local Court gig mean that they have already agreed to a plea deal ?

Fire

First Grade
See I thought that ASA was strictly an indictable offence which means that it is not presided upon by the Local Court and must be finalised in the District/Supreme Court. Does the Burwood Local Court gig mean that they have already agreed to a plea deal ?
That is true.

It doesn't mean there is a deal, but it does mean:

1. Hayne and his counsel get to see the evidence and possible arguments to be made against him; which
2. If those are weak from the prosecutor give Hayne the opportunity to plead guilty to a lesser offence.

In my opinion, based on the issues which have been leaked to the media, Hayne can quite easily defend an ASA allegation.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree

I also dont subscribe to this " I have lots of followers on social media so I have lots of friend", I would think he doesn't even know 99% of them, they are social media followers, nothing else.

Further, just because a guy has a million followers, doesn't mean he is banging them on a regular basis. I think people who talk about how many followers they have is actually a sign of how alone they are because if you have friends in the real world, you really dont need social media.

I have 20 followers how good is that!
I have friends who met Hayne. They described him as a quiet guy. One friend said he would come in the supermarket he was manager at. Reckons always was happy to talk to fams and sign and take photos.Described him as quiet and friendly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree

Justin Bieber is another example; millions of followers and fans, but no real friends (at least, none who helped him out when he went through his meltdown).

strider

Post Whore
Isnt the issue of consent revolving around what was consented to?

ie She may have consented to a bit of hanky panky, but not consented to taking a chomp out of her lady bits

Gronk

Staff member
Isnt the issue of consent revolving around what was consented to?

ie She may have consented to a bit of hanky panky, but not consented to taking a chomp out of her lady bits

Who knows. Poor girl will be grilled on the stand like a well done sirloin.