What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

parra pete

Referee
Every Club BAR NONE is interested in quality players...AND Hayne is quality..
Slater, Cronk, Hayne, Smith..IMO right up there with Belcher, Stuart, Clyde and Walters....

TheParraboy

Staff member
Every Club BAR NONE is interested in quality players...AND Hayne is quality..
Slater, Cronk, Hayne, Smith..IMO right up there with Belcher, Stuart, Clyde and Walters....

Throw in Meninga, Lazarus and Daley, that certainly was the real mean green machine

parra pete

Referee
Throw in Meninga, Lazarus and Daley, that certainly was the real mean green machine

Plus Chicka Ferguson...and Dean Lance...and not to forget the kids on the way up at the time...Toots Croker, David Furner, Brett Mullins......

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Jarryd And Jonah Lomu - WOW, what a combination they would have made playing together.

96d35f76bd3311e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Once the coaching situation is sorted and the board informs the fans maybe the first priority should be what to do with our best player. IE Extend his contract ASAP.

H0WZAT

Juniors
Once the coaching situation is sorted and the board informs the fans maybe the first priority should be what to do with our best player. IE Extend his contract ASAP.

Would you give up Hayne for another superstar who just so happens to be off contract the same year?

1. Hoppa
6. Thurston
7. Sandow
;-)

Avenger

Immortal
Seriously when are we going to announce his contract extension ? He should be the priority seeing that we have money left over and there is nobody of note left for 2013. Just do it Sticky!!

bartman

Immortal
Maybe Hayne doesn't want to commit just yet? Last time he re-signed he dragged it all through the off-season with media speculation aplenty....

God-King Dean

Immortal
Best player in the game IMO. Just doesn't get the chance to show it. As JM said, it's just a question of heart from here.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I think Parra would throw everything at him to not see Haynsey player for any club AGAINST us, but it wouldn't surprise me if rival codes priced him out of our range. Vultures!

Interesting thread to read, considering there are alot of Hayne haters out there - it was nice to go through a thread of positive comments!!

I am buzzing to see what Haynsey cant achieve next year.. a player like that can't stay quiet for long and if he can stay injury free who knows!!
We are a better team with him out there - another off season to work on the combination with Sandow.. fresh legs in the forward pack. Fingers crossed!!

PS: Strider rates 2009 as the best year he can remember, cos he got to sit with me and rowdy all year and we make him laugh! ;-)

oldmancraigy

Coach
Best player in the game IMO. Just doesn't get the chance to show it. As JM said, it's just a question of heart from here.

Obviously I'm biased as a Parra fan. But I remember Matty Johns before the season in 2007 saying he thought Hayne would be the best player in the game within a couple of years. I didn't believe him (but thought Hayne would be a pretty good player).
A couple of years (or was it just months?) and Matty Johns looked like a genius.

Totally agree that Hayne is the best player in the game by far, hopefully next season we'll see him play injury free, behind a pack which is busting its hump, and in his best position (fullback for those who need it spelt out).

I truly believe that if Hayne had been picked at fullback for Origin the last 4 years, (2009-2012) NSW would've won a series or so. He's just a player who can create for others and for himself.
The only thing that concerns me about next season is the Origin coach of the last few years...

Hard to believe the bloke only turns 25 next season!!! Just wish some of the 'so called' Eels fans would stop bagging the most talented player ever to pull on a blue and gold jersey (and we've had some good ones).

Suitman

Post Whore
Obviously I'm biased as a Parra fan. But I remember Matty Johns before the season in 2007 saying he thought Hayne would be the best player in the game within a couple of years. I didn't believe him (but thought Hayne would be a pretty good player).
A couple of years (or was it just months?) and Matty Johns looked like a genius.

Totally agree that Hayne is the best player in the game by far, hopefully next season we'll see him play injury free, behind a pack which is busting its hump, and in his best position (fullback for those who need it spelt out).

I truly believe that if Hayne had been picked at fullback for Origin the last 4 years, (2009-2012) NSW would've won a series or so. He's just a player who can create for others and for himself.
The only thing that concerns me about next season is the Origin coach of the last few years...

Hard to believe the bloke only turns 25 next season!!! Just wish some of the 'so called' Eels fans would stop bagging the most talented player ever to pull on a blue and gold jersey (and we've had some good ones).

This.