What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

T-Boon

Coach
He was a f**k boy until... he got himself in that much strife he settled down with the girl he had a kid to lol, it was a running joke for ages out and about Hayne was always out on the prowl looking for a girl to take home for the night.
While you're spreading rumors about everyone who else you got?

Chimp

Bench
It’s a whole sorry state of affairs - think what you like about Hayne, but this has always looked like a very unsafe conviction.
He’s invited around, they’ve talked in messages about rooting, messages to other people indicating that having a random come around for sex wasn’t ’out of the ordinary’ for her, his word vs hers only and a clear issue with the taxi that would potentially have made her regret her choices, and that’s before you get into the fact she deleted Facebook and Snapchat messages she sent in the immediate aftermath but prior to reporting to the Police.
As of today, Hayne is an innocent man, who’s lost years of his life in prison, and years of his life defending himself in this case. Maybe that’s his karma for being a piece of shit to his partner and child, but as I say, was always a very unsafe conviction in my eyes - and despite what we might think morally, being a shit partner/dad isn’t worth jail time in the eyes of the law.

While you're spreading rumors about everyone who else you got?

He slept around... Even the girl he has a kid to he met on Instagram and the pregnancy was a mistake, she was pregnant within weeks of them meeting, it was then a on and off again thing until he got himself in strife...

Last edited:

JLA

Juniors
Unless new evidence pops up going for a retrial will be a waste.
Did anyone see news apparently the accuser has a message on her phone "if it gets out I'm f**ked, Jarryd will get off".
Doesn't matter if you like him or not having bloke loose his years and reputation is very sad

Apey

Staff member
Considering the other 2 points related to the judge refusing to allow rather critical evidence to be submitted that contradicted the prosecution’s case rather substantially (so the jury ruled fairly on what was told to them… but what was told to them was incomplete) I reckon it’s unlikely there will be a retrial.
That's not exactly true, the evidence that she deleted messages and the content of those messages was still part of the trial that the jurors heard and ruled upon, what the judge didn't allow was the Defence to cross-examine her about the deletion and concealment of those messages.

So the jury knew she deleted and concealed messages and the content of messages, but the Defence didn't get the chance to question her about it. Sounds like the right decision was made on the appeal even if he may be still guilty of the crimes.

I doubt there will be a retrial because of his time served already.

The state's highest court quashed Hayne's convictions, ruling the trial judge erred by not allowing further cross-examination of the complainant over her communications with third parties regarding the night of the alleged sexual assault.

The appeal court ruled the judge did not properly direct the jury regarding allegations from Hayne's lawyers the complainant had lied about the contact, exacerbating the earlier error in not allowing her to respond to questions about it.

Knight76

Juniors
My worthless opinion in this, is the righht decision was to overturn the convictions.

In fact I was surprised he was convicted at all after they had 3 shots at it. Considering the information I know about the case that is all in the public domain, she invited him around, had talked about having sex with him, proceeded to have sex with him, then said afterwards it was rape, and then deleted messages from her phone and I assume the recipient also deleted the messages which does not give off a good trustworthy look, given all of this and the requirement that reasonbly a jury would believe he raped her beyond reasonable doubt, and the trial judge denied the defence a chance to explore the deleted messages, it's all a complete mess.

JH still looking a bit sleazy with the whole leaving the taxi running and all this whilst partnered up.

A mess!

Reflector

Juniors

A warning to all men. Don't leave a taxi outside some scrub's house when you want to get your jollies. Tell them to wait down the road.

OR...

Or...

If you're going to spend some people's weekly wage on a return cab fare just to get a root off some girl you've been tuning, it's probably cheaper (and much smarter) to go to a whorehouse instead and get everything you're looking for there minus the bullshit that could blow up in your face afterwards.

Homo man69

Juniors
I'm starting to think people who believe Hayne's guilty just don't like him. They do mental gymnastics to try and prove he's guilty but facts are facts. They use the good ole "but a court said he's guilty". Which means they believe OJ's innocent?
It's really obvious she's a manipulative cow. The judge was a feminist that dismissed evidence which would have swayed the jury's verdict. The Newcastle scrub literally deleted heaps of phone messages and harassed her ex for showing cops txts related to the case. She told him "you've lost me the case". A lot more proves his innocence but The Bill is on ABC soon. It's all out there

kurt faulk

Coach
OR...

Or...

If you're going to spend some people's weekly wage on a return cab fare just to get a root off some girl you've been tuning, it's probably cheaper (and much smarter) to go to a whorehouse instead and get everything you're looking for there minus the bullshit that could blow up in your face afterwards.

No doubt. But apparently her messages to him were so wild he had to go to see what would happen. And he was drunk. You do a lot of dumb shit when you're drunk.

Or he's really a good guy and was worried about maybe the call girl is part of a human trafficking ring.

King hit

Coach

bet the media companies are really nervous about a defamation suit now
They were never stripped from him, even if the verdict wasn‘t overturned why would he be stripped of it. The dally m had zero to do with this. Mike Tyson is a convicted sex offender, OJ Simpson went to prison for over 10 years but weren’t stripped of any titles.

Mick Benson

Juniors
given the 3rd point which was upheld labeled the judge’s actions in the previous trial a miscarriage of justice surely Hayne will be seeking compensation too for 2+ years on gaol time
Doesn’t work like that. He would have to prove malicious prosecution which, somewhat ironically, has an element of intent.

Bazal

Post Whore
It always seemed like a weird decision to convict. Not that I necessarily believe his side of the story either. I think I've said before this is probs not the place to speculate on what happened, but I don't really believe either of them are reliable. Something definitely went down.

Based on the evidence that's been available to the public it didn't seem like a slam dunk. Not surprised it's been overturned.

Latest posts