What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Will Jarryd Hayne play for Australia in the Tri Nations this year?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
Will Jarryd Hayne play for Australia in the Tri Nations this year??

He is the only player in the squad (excluding the injured Kafusi- who was picked) not to get a game.

Maybe next game?

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
To many ppl ahead of him....i think he was brought in so he gets ready and understands the system next yr and beyond!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I honestly think Jarrad Hayne shouldn't of been picked. He's a great young player.....but i think Eric Grothe deserved a spot more due to past rep fixtures, and has more experience.

Hellsy

Immortal
I think he should get a go... but I don't think he will.
The experience will do him all the good though!

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah I think he was too.. there was a game earlier on cause he sat out through suspension from that Melb game

stuke

Bench
unfortunately i don't think he will.

i had thought he would have been a good chance to make his debut this weekend, but i think he is there to gain experience.

no matter what he (and therefore Parramatta) will be the better for it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know. I voted "no".

I find it interesting, though - in this last weekend's SMH, there was a small snippet on Jarryd Hayne, and how some of his Kangaroo teammates are tipping him to be just as good as(and some say even better than) Greg Inglis...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well he better, otherwise there was no point picking 23 players or whatever it was.

If he does get picked it'll have to be the next game, should Australia win this weekend.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if sticky's fairdinkum about this rotation policy he'll get a run in the next game against GB.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
if sticky's fairdinkum about this rotation policy he'll get a run in the next game against GB.

If Ricky doesn't pick him then Ricky is full of sh*t!!!!!! Greg Inglis should get a rest next game and Jarryd should play!!!!

bartman

Immortal
I think there's a good chance he will be picked. If Australia win this weekend, then we're 3-0 with one game (that can't matter) up our sleeve before the final.

If that's the case I can see Stuart wanting to rest some forwards before the game, and maybe go in with only two on the bench (along with the utlity/playmaker), and then give Jarryd the 17th spot, and through him on for a taste. GB often go in with only one prop on the bench, much to their detriment, but against them we could afford to do the same.

Result won't matter and he's got him over his first up nerves with no risk to the result, so that he's ready to contribute in the future should injuries to the players ahead of him ever occur. Remember, they picked Jarryd to stop him playing for Fiji, so they have to give him a taste before end of next year to come good on that, otherwise he may feel like he should go and join Fiji for whatever matches they have in a year's time, and then for the World Cup finals.

Gronk

Staff member
Toneee said:
Just being there and training with the squad will be good for him.

Agree. It must be awsome for a kid like that to spend October/November in camp with the Kangaroos.

oneguy

Juniors
Ricky has previously stated he wouldn't cheapen the Aussie jumper. NOT that I think picking Jarryd would cheapen it.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I dont want him to play, i was extremely happy he made the squad but i dont think hes ready to represent Australia. Dont wanna ruin the kid too early.

Parra Glory

Juniors
bartman said:
I think there's a good chance he will be picked. If Australia win this weekend, then we're 3-0 with one game (that can't matter) up our sleeve before the final.

well now that New Zealand have been stripped two points, Australia is automatically through to the finals. hopefully Hayne will be given an oppurtuinty next game to show what his got

bartman

Immortal
Actually, with Australia's "surprise" loss to GB I'd say Jarryd would now be unlikely to see a game, except through injury. Stuart should now be getting his top combo ready in the next game, so they're comfortable for the final. Next year Jarryd... as I said, I think he's in the squad more as an investment for 2008, so Fiji didn't grab him.

Latest posts