What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Gronk

Staff member
In Hayne's defence, he does have a reflux problem which caused him to lunge forward.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dont think it should be called a headbutt. He just tapped him on the forehead, with his head. Seemingly antagonistic at worst.

The force he applied to Slater's head, would be no greater than that which Slater was holding onto Hayne's jersey jersey. Slater didnt have to grab Hayne's jersey, nor did Hayne have to clash foreheads.

This seems to be just a common scuffle in a heated game between two firece rivals. Nothing in it at all.

Would there not be numerous accounts with video evidence of some biff that judiciary charges haven't been layed?

The challenge in getting him off a striking charge would be to argue whether a clash of heads without intent to harm determines a headbutt or not.

I don't think you can say with certainty that there was no intention to harm. To me it looked like Hayne WANTED to beat the crap out of Slater but showed remarkable restraint in holding it back - hence the soft headbutt. I'm betting he wanted to do it full pelt, but tried to restrain himself. But it shows he did, at least initially, have the intent to harm IMO.

Brenno75

Juniors
I think we have to be a bit creative with teh defense - take a leaf out of manly's book

1) Hayne had a head cold and had blocked ears (medical condition :thumn)
2) The crowd was quite loud :crazy:
3) Billy said something and Jarryd didn't hear :blahb:
4) He put his head forward to hear what Billy was saying and accidently bumped heads *oops*

simple

:thumn

Hahaha, i like your way of thinking

lingard

Coach
I don't think you can say with certainty that there was no intention to harm. To me it looked like Hayne WANTED to beat the crap out of Slater but showed remarkable restraint in holding it back - hence the soft headbutt. I'm betting he wanted to do it full pelt, but tried to restrain himself. But it shows he did, at least initially, have the intent to harm IMO.

I think he was just saying to Slater: "this is what I could do to you if I really had a mind to".