What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

shiznit

Coach
To be fair... After the way he opposing QB's went last week...

It might be a blessing in disguise to sit this game out...

Jono078

Referee
Not dropped, just Reggie Bush and Bruce Ellington expected to return and naturally they are ahead of Hayne on the depth charts.

It's one of the things that drives me nuts about the NFL, they wont give guys a solid chance and game time based on depth charts and them saying so and so is ahead of so and so.

Cletus

First Grade
I still don't understand why Hayne isn't KR, surely that's a better match to League fullback play than PR? Anyway I doubt Hayne will field many punts, the 49ers only make the opposition punt about two times a game:lol:. FMD they're terrible.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Very ordinary today, but didnt get too many chances.

A few bad reads on PR - the one where he tried to run and fair catch into his team stands out.

DC_fan

Coach
Obsession with Hayne's rugby league past getting on the nerves of NFL fans

NFL commentators are walking a thin line with an impatient audience who are getting fed up with being reminded the US league’s latest star recruit Jarryd Hayne is a former NRL player.

As the San Francisco 49ers rookie, and former Parramatta Eels player, almost landed his first touchdown in a match with the New York Giants, social media lit up mocking the broadcast commentators.

“BREAKING: Jarryd Hayne has officially changed his name to ‘Jarryd Hayne, former rugby player’ to avoid any further confusion,” the official Sports Illustrated NFL twitter posted.

“Do not drink every time they talk about Hayne playing rugby. You will die,” sports writer Matt Miller tweeted.

AAflRgk.img
© Christian Petersen/Getty Images

NFL fans are tiring of commentators' constant reminders of Jarryd Hayne's rugby league past.

The sarcasm flowed freely with fans wanting to hear more about Hayne’s plays than his past.

“Oh Jarryd Hayne is a former rugby player from Australia?” wrote one Twitter user, while another tweeted, “Hayne played rugby. Did you know that? He was a great rugby player.”

Enamoured early on with the Aussie recruit, NFL commentators have previously said Hayne is a “no worries” kind of athlete and that Vegemite must boost his performance

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/obsession-with-haynes-rugby-league-past-getting-on-the-nerves-of-nfl-fans/ar-AAfm8m3?li=AAabC8j&OCID=HPCDHP
Americas fascination with Hayne being a former league start maybe starting to wear thin.

Haffa

It's going to happen while the 49ers are being showed on various networks with a variety of commentators. It will diminish over time.

Danish

Referee
Not surprising given literally everytime he takes the field the commentators talk about it for about 5 goddamned minutes :lol:

I noticed that one of the Giants gunners got right in his face after his fair catch yesterday giving him a bit of stick. I wonder if the opposition players are getting the shits with him as well? If someone just laid him out after signalling a fair catch, what is the penalty for that? I assume it would just be an unsportsmanlike penalty?

DC_fan

Coach
Not surprising given literally everytime he takes the field the commentators talk about it for about 5 goddamned minutes :lol:

I noticed that one of the Giants gunners got right in his face after his fair catch yesterday giving him a bit of stick. I wonder if the opposition players are getting the shits with him as well? If someone just laid him out after signalling a fair catch, what is the penalty for that? I assume it would just be an unsportsmanlike penalty?

After a receiver has made a fair catch following a valid signal, an opponent may not tackle or block him. he must avoid contact with him.

Penalty for illegal contact with the maker of a fair catch is loss of 15 yards from the mark of the catch.

Danish

Referee
After a receiver has made a fair catch following a valid signal, an opponent may not tackle or block him. he must avoid contact with him.

Penalty for illegal contact with the maker of a fair catch is loss of 15 yards from the mark of the catch.

So a personal foul penalty basically.

Would be pretty funny to see someone just light him up and then get up like "whoops" :lol:

Haffa

Do you really think opposition players really care that much to bother putting a late hit on the Punt Returner from the 49ers?

The fine which would follow would hardly be worth it.

nick87

Coach
Do you really think opposition players really care that much to bother putting a late hit on the Punt Returner from the 49ers?

The fine which would follow would hardly be worth it.

Spot on, giving up 15 yards and a potential fine to show up a punter returner on one of the games worst teams doesnt seem like something anyone would bother doing

ram raid

Bench
[youtube]watch?v=dRhA8QcJ_50[/youtube]

Peter Dutton can we cancel his passport now?

Last edited: