What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Nightingale

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
Hey guys,

Anyone have any new of whats happening with Nighty?

When does his contract with us end and what the chances are of him staying with us?

Cheers,
Chris

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
there is a bit of news around what nightingale wants to do..

apparently nightingale is looking to have a career change and study the art and science of medicine.. apparently has also set up a charity fund to raise money for a school..

nightingale aslo appears to be fairly well educated, apparently has written a book too..

Gigolo

Juniors
there is a bit of news around what nightingale wants to do..

apparently nightingale is looking to have a career change and study the art and science of medicine.. apparently has also set up a charity fund to raise money for a school..

nightingale aslo appears to be fairly well educated, apparently has written a book too..

Pity none of you guys can read, I'll let you know if it's any good ;-)

Benny

First Grade
Nightingale is obviously well thought of at the club, he played the majority of the 2005 season in Jersey Flegg on the wing and came in as a late replacement for the injured Millard (Josh Morris moving to the centres) in the Grand Final and scored a try in the Premiership win (Brett Morris was the other player in that side at fullback that went on to First Grade success in 2010).

In 2006 he played fullback and captained the Jersey Flegg side in that season - that lost the week before the Grand Final to Newcastle (cause Richie Williams had a shocker in the dying minutes).

He made his debut in 2007 and was a mainstay in 2008 before an injury hampered 2009 and starring in 2010. Considering not many wingers coming through and we let Fai Fai Loa our other talent go - he'd have to be a great chance of staying.

Nightingale was offered a big deal at the end of 2006 for 2007 and beyond to join the Warriors but knocked it back to stay at the Dragons despite being well down the pecking order (Morris brothers and Chase Stanley were all ahead of him).

He is a junior and states he wants to stay - I have no doubt he will!

Gigolo

Juniors
Smart ass lol.

I'd love for him to extend his contract with us. If we can afford him off course.

He is a great player and will be seeking a well deserved upgrade. Perhaps you might let him come to the Bulldogs after you sign Josh?? Seems he wants to go back and reunite with Brett.

Muz, the avatar is no longer relevant as you guys are no longer chokers owing to the fine GF victory. Doesn't mean you still don't have some toss bag supporters, case in point...you!

Contracted till the end of 2011. He won the coaches award this year, so he's clearly held in high regard by the people that matter the most. He won't be going anywhere.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muz, the avatar is no longer relevant as you guys are no longer chokers owing to the fine GF victory. Doesn't mean you still don't have some toss bag supporters, case in point...you!

in that case, i want you to put my photo in as your avatar..

pick whichever one you like.. i recommend the one of me from the grand final with my dragons paint on my face..

flikr.com/photos/muzby/albums/dragons

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
shh! don't give the game away.. i want giggles to feel some love...

TheRev

Coach
isnt it funny though, half way through the season, it was all Morris Morris Morris, but then for whatever reason he went quiet around origin time, and Flo took over, whether it was a form slump, or purely an indication of the way the team was directing its attack.. im not sure.... no doubt opposition did focus on countering our left-hand attack.

ghostface

Juniors
isnt it funny though, half way through the season, it was all Morris Morris Morris, but then for whatever reason he went quiet around origin time, and Flo took over, whether it was a form slump, or purely an indication of the way the team was directing its attack.. im not sure.... no doubt opposition did focus on countering our left-hand attack.

I think Morris game wasn't the same after that injury he received in origin. Seemed a bit sluggish after that period.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Speaking of avatars do you wish that was you in the pick instead of Wendell?? and that instead of the girl you were holding Thorpie and a bag of gerbils??

you read my mind.. but i recommend replacing gerbils with guinea pigs.. they bite less, and the squaking noise they make really tickles your insides..

big_steve

Juniors
i hope he doesnt go anywhere he just keeps gettin better and better especially with gaz now on the inside as gaz picks up more form u will see nighty get much more ball and be better then ever before...its guna be nighty and morris top 2 try scorers in 2011

Fien

Juniors
He is a liability for you guys as he can't defend. Merritt will have a field day on him next year. A hat-trick at least.