What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

JokerEel

Coach
They didn’t fix their defence though coaching though, they fixed it by replacing poor defenders with good ones: https://www.nine.com.au/sport/nrl/n...ttler-exclusive-comments-20240309-p5j9zs.html

You mean not through coaching alone..

They got rid of the deadwood slow ass defenders like we will finally need too..

Our 8/9/10/11/12/13 all need to be replaced with better defenders. (I was screaming at the TV last week watching Lane walk back in the defensive line)

You win matches through your strong and physical defense.

eels_fan

First Grade
Lomax did his best to shut down that talk on Monday, in a development that will no doubt sting the Red-V faithful, who had hoped the 23-year-old would have a change of heart.

“The Eels appointed him (Ryles), and they are confident in their decision. He’s got the runs on the board, he’s been in some winning systems. It’s positive signs, I’m looking forward to the Eels,” Lomax said.

“I haven’t had too much to do with Rylesy, he was part of the coaching staff when I was in the Junior Roos system.

“To be honest, I don’t want to talk on it too much, I’ve signed a four-year deal there.

While the first priority for Moses this week is to plot the demise of Queensland in next Wednesday’s decider at Suncorp Stadium, the halfback, who was man of the match in Origin II at the MCG, is planning to ring the new coach.

————————————————

“I’ve heard great things about Rylesy so I’ll speak to him in the next few days. It’s good to know the club has sorted it out, for the club to move forward for the years to come,” Moses said.

Moses had endorsed interim coach Trent Barrett for the top job, before the club opted to go with Ryles. The 29-year-old is hoping Ryles can find room for Barrett in his coaching staff.

“That’s up to Rylesy, I think that cards he’s been dealt… coming in, the job he’s done for us all the boys love him and I know personally for my game, he’s been massive for me,” Moses said.

“We let him down as players to be honest.”

Incorrect

Coach
Special mention to Adam (It's as simple as that) f**kwit on the Talking Parra podcast who declared that Ryles had withdrawn from the race and told the Storm he was staying.

Just keep making shit up, dickhead.
Yeah was pretty bullish that it was going to be Hannay. Alluded to it a few times without coming right out and saying it up front, just kept smugly saying he had info on who would get the gig. He was wrong, it's as simple as that...

MKCS

Juniors
I think Ryles is a good choice, has coached junior rep sides and has worked at successful clubs for the entirety of his coaching career. He was the assistant coach for winning seasons at Melbourne and for the Roosters he was involved in finals campaigns.

I think the necessities are now getting him an assistant with some head coaching experience and setting him up as best as possible for his contract. Good luck to him, great choice by Parra.

Gronk

Staff member

I wouldn't be here without Baz': Moses urges Ryles to find Eels role for Barrett​

AuthorBrad WalterNRL Senior ReporterTimestampMon 8 Jul 2024, 07:36 PM

Blues halfback Mitchell Moses has declared that he owes his Origin jersey to interim Eels mentor Trent Barrett and urged incoming coach Jason Ryles to retain him in a coaching role next season.
Moses arrived in the Blues camp on Monday just hours after learning that Ryles had been appointed as Parramatta coach for the next four years and said he was pleased to know who he would be playing under from next season.

However, the man-of-the-match in NSW’s 38-18 triumph against Queensland in Origin II at the MCG went out of his way to sing the praises of Barrett, who has been interim coach since Brad Arthur’s sacking in May.
Mitchell Moses credits Trent Barrett for helping him earn his place in the NSW team.
Mitchell Moses credits Trent Barrett for helping him earn his place in the NSW team.©Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos
While critics point to Barrett’s record in charge of Manly, Canterbury and Parramatta, he is highly regarded by the likes of the Nathan Cleary, Isaah Yeo, Daly Cherry-Evans and the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom.
“I think with the cards that Baz has been dealt since coming in, and the job that he's done for us, all the boys love him, and we've all got the utmost respect for him,” Moses said.
“I know personally with my game, he's been massive for me and to even be in this arena I've got to thank him a lot for that, so hopefully he stays on."
Moses was called into the NSW team for Origin II just three weeks after returning from a broken foot and laid on four tries in a performance Immortal and former Blues halfback great Andrew Johns labelled as the best of his career.
Moses' triumphant return

Moses' triumphant return

The Lebanon international said advice from Barrett, who played 11 Origins as NSW halfback or five-eighth between 1997 and 2010, had helped him prepare for the occasion and he would again consult him before next week’s series decider.
“I speak to him all the time and not just this series, but last series as well,” Moses said. “He's been full of advice and he's been there, done that, so he knows how to handle it, and he has helped me out wherever I needed help and guidance.

“He's helped me so much in the last few years with my game and how to play in the halves, and control games, and things like that.
“Obviously we haven't been getting the results as a team, but personally, for my game, I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for him in the last few years, so I've got to thank him a lot for that.”
Player of the Match: Mitchell Moses

Ryles, who will take charge of the Eels from next season, played alongside Barrett for seven seasons at St George Illawarra, as well as at Test and Origin level.
He is currently on the coaching staff at the Storm, where he transitioned into coaching at the end of his playing career and has also had stints with Sydney Roosters and the England rugby union team.

“I think Baz has done a great jo with the cards he's been dealt, he's come in, turned up every day to work and done his best for us,” Moses said.
“We've probably let him down as players, to be honest. It hasn't affected us knowing who the coach is, it's just probably as a playing group we haven't probably been up to scratch, but it's all sorted now, so we can move on.
“It's obviously good to know that the club sorted that out and we can move forward and sort out next year, and for years to come,” Moses said.
“It's exciting, I've heard great things about Rylsie so I'll speak to him in the next few days and see what happens.”
Moses will be joined at the Eels next year by NSW winger Zac Lomax, who coincidentally could have been playing under Ryles this season if he had accepted the opportunity to return to the Dragons as coach.
Zac Lomax outstanding again in blue

Parramatta fans were offered an insight into what to expect next season when Lomax outleapt Maroons winger Xavier Coates to snatch a cross-field kick from Moses and score a spectacular try at the MCG.
“He's been playing some great footy, and I think with all the headlines that have been around him from the start of the year to now, he had every right just to throw it away and not perform but he’s been our best players so it’s a credit to him,” Moses said.

“He's put himself in this arena and that's because of the footy that he's been playing at the Dragons week in, week out. He's been their best player, and he's continued to do that. Hopefully he continues to do that next year for the Eels.”

T-Boon

Coach
The first thing he should do as coach is tell the club they won’t be playing in the white jerseys any more. Then he should sack Mark O’Niell. Next he should announce the parramatta light rail is open.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Special mention to Adam (It's as simple as that) f**kwit on the Talking Parra podcast who declared that Ryles had withdrawn from the race and told the Storm he was staying.

Just keep making shit up, dickhead.

Yeah was pretty bullish that it was going to be Hannay. Alluded to it a few times without coming right out and saying it up front, just kept smugly saying he had info on who would get the gig. He was wrong, it's as simple as that...

even funnier, I am sure Michelle Bishop used that info for her reporting on SEN

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have to admit, I'm not unhappy.

I had a preference for Hannay based on nothing but gut (of which there is quite a bit).

But at this point Ryles and Hannay are "six of one" and I am excited for the changes in roster management, preparation and on-field strategy.

Have a feeling that by this time next year we will like what we see.
I also thought Hannay was the best candidate but I was concerned that he’d had two goes at being interim coach and had failed to get the permanent gig both times. Ryles, on the other hand, was offered a head coaching job and knocked it back.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I also thought Hannay was the best candidate but I was concerned that he’d had two goes at being interim coach and had failed to get the permanent gig both times. Ryles, on the other hand, was offered a head coaching job and knocked it back.
How many caretakers have actually got the role.

Fitzgibbon was appointed the same day Morris was punted.

Hannay was given the sharks role to finish the season he was never a chance for that role.

MKCS

Juniors

I wouldn't be here without Baz': Moses urges Ryles to find Eels role for Barrett​

Blues halfback Mitchell Moses has declared that he owes his Origin jersey to interim Eels mentor Trent Barrett and urged incoming coach Jason Ryles to retain him in a coaching role next season.
Moses arrived in the Blues camp on Monday just hours after learning that Ryles had been appointed as Parramatta coach for the next four years and said he was pleased to know who he would be playing under from next season.

However, the man-of-the-match in NSW’s 38-18 triumph against Queensland in Origin II at the MCG went out of his way to sing the praises of Barrett, who has been interim coach since Brad Arthur’s sacking in May.
Mitchell Moses credits Trent Barrett for helping him earn his place in the NSW team.
Mitchell Moses credits Trent Barrett for helping him earn his place in the NSW team.©Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos
While critics point to Barrett’s record in charge of Manly, Canterbury and Parramatta, he is highly regarded by the likes of the Nathan Cleary, Isaah Yeo, Daly Cherry-Evans and the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom.
“I think with the cards that Baz has been dealt since coming in, and the job that he's done for us, all the boys love him, and we've all got the utmost respect for him,” Moses said.
“I know personally with my game, he's been massive for me and to even be in this arena I've got to thank him a lot for that, so hopefully he stays on."
Moses was called into the NSW team for Origin II just three weeks after returning from a broken foot and laid on four tries in a performance Immortal and former Blues halfback great Andrew Johns labelled as the best of his career.
Moses' triumphant return' triumphant return

Moses' triumphant return

The Lebanon international said advice from Barrett, who played 11 Origins as NSW halfback or five-eighth between 1997 and 2010, had helped him prepare for the occasion and he would again consult him before next week’s series decider.
“I speak to him all the time and not just this series, but last series as well,” Moses said. “He's been full of advice and he's been there, done that, so he knows how to handle it, and he has helped me out wherever I needed help and guidance.

“He's helped me so much in the last few years with my game and how to play in the halves, and control games, and things like that.
“Obviously we haven't been getting the results as a team, but personally, for my game, I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for him in the last few years, so I've got to thank him a lot for that.”

Ryles, who will take charge of the Eels from next season, played alongside Barrett for seven seasons at St George Illawarra, as well as at Test and Origin level.
He is currently on the coaching staff at the Storm, where he transitioned into coaching at the end of his playing career and has also had stints with Sydney Roosters and the England rugby union team.
“I think Baz has done a great jo with the cards he's been dealt, he's come in, turned up every day to work and done his best for us,” Moses said.
“We've probably let him down as players, to be honest. It hasn't affected us knowing who the coach is, it's just probably as a playing group we haven't probably been up to scratch, but it's all sorted now, so we can move on.
“It's obviously good to know that the club sorted that out and we can move forward and sort out next year, and for years to come,” Moses said.
“It's exciting, I've heard great things about Rylsie so I'll speak to him in the next few days and see what happens.”
Moses will be joined at the Eels next year by NSW winger Zac Lomax, who coincidentally could have been playing under Ryles this season if he had accepted the opportunity to return to the Dragons as coach.

Parramatta fans were offered an insight into what to expect next season when Lomax outleapt Maroons winger Xavier Coates to snatch a cross-field kick from Moses and score a spectacular try at the MCG.
“He's been playing some great footy, and I think with all the headlines that have been around him from the start of the year to now, he had every right just to throw it away and not perform but he’s been our best players so it’s a credit to him,” Moses said.

“He's put himself in this arena and that's because of the footy that he's been playing at the Dragons week in, week out. He's been their best player, and he's continued to do that. Hopefully he continues to do that next year for the Eels.”

I don't think Barrett is the answer, that man has broken records with how badly he coaches.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Moses' triumphant return' triumphant return

Moses' triumphant return

Probably a good idea to let Ryles have the coaching team he wants, and the next 18 months the squad he wants...Need a good overhaul. Current players have had enough say on the paddock last 18 months

Players barracking for Baz to get the head role worked a treat..