What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

TheCrowe

Juniors
When he realised Bellamy was not going to retire and hand him the reigns to the Storm, Parra seemed like a perfect fit for him.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
When he realised Bellamy was not going to retire and hand him the reigns to the Storm, Parra seemed like a perfect fit for him.
Or Storm realised he is actually a shit coach and decided he wasn't the hier to replace Bellamy....

SACK FULLHAIR THE CITY COACH.....

OK...sorry again.....just getting ahead of myself..

Well, back in the days of 9/11 young Jason was keen to play:

Fittler and Kearns had been two of the five senior players who wanted the tour called off when they were contacted by Darrell Bampton, the manager, on Tuesday. "It's very unpredictable; who knows what's going to happen?" Fittler said. "People don't have to hold a gun to your head; there could be problems like water contamination."

But the other 19 wanted to go ahead, their mood best summed up by Jason Ryles, a 22-year-old prop who told the Illawarra Mercury: "I'll go on tour no matter what. I'll play in Afghanistan if they want me to."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2001/oct/11/rugbyleague.andywilson

Eelogical

Referee
Brian Smith used to commute from Wollongong to Parramatta every day.

I remember him saying his daily ritual was to wake up at a certain time. Go for a surf, have a shower then get in the car.
Cronin didn't have a problem back in the day. Probably had a manual HQ Holden that struggled up Mt Ousley. I wonder if he claimed the 40 cent toll charge for driving the Princes Hwy.

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe with his storm connections, we can train against the storm and kill it rather than score a zillion tries against our nsw cup team