What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Chipmunk

Coach
Doesn't it just show the quality of their depth?
I'd argue that many players they have taken the field for the Storm this year aren't as good as some we've had take the field this year.

As has been proven over the last 20 years by the vast majority of Storm players who are decent at the Storm, but once they leave the Storm, they become dreadful. The Storm seems to get something out these players that others can't. The coach has to be a contributor of that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Going to put it out there just so I can quote it if it ever happens...

What's the chances Ryles hangs out for a season or 2 gets wind Bellamy is finally is going to call it a day and gets out and goes coaches the Storm in 26-27...

Ricky did it ffs

As long as he gets the whiteboard out and pisses off 8 logs of dead wood killing our cap, like Ricky did

Next coach will have some success

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd argue that many players they have taken the field for the Storm this year aren't as good as some we've had take the field this year.
This is a nothing statement though. The best teams at any club are better than the worst players at any other club.
As has been proven over the last 20 years by the vast majority of Storm players who are decent at the Storm, but once they leave the Storm, they become dreadful. The Storm seems to get something out these players that others can't. The coach has to be a contributor of that.
Obviously he's a contributor. But have they all turned to shit? Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has become one of the best forwards in the game. The three old merkins at the Dolphins are still playing well. And Cronk won back-to-back premierships after leaving Melbourne. All of the ones who sucked after leaving went to weak clubs where everyone looks worse.

EelEtric

Juniors
Not sure why there are pages of black and white argument on whether it's the coach or the players that make a difference when in reality you are all actually agreeing that it is a combination of both. A good coach can't turn an average player with limited skillset into a GOAT and a good quality player is still good whether the coach is crap or not.

Maybe this place survives on arguing for arguing sake but it doesn't seem to me like there is only one protaginist.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm glad that Ryles has already failed.

Can we have a new thread with a poll for the next Parra head coach?

I'll judge him in 2027. He will need to clean out the joint amd flush the attitude. If we made finals next year I'd be blown away. I'd expect 2026 we start to see some toughness in the side and grit.
Anyone judging him in 2025 is being unrealistic

EelEtric

Juniors
I'll judge him in 2027. He will need to clean out the joint amd flush the attitude. If we made finals next year I'd be blown away. I'd expect 2026 we start to see some toughness in the side and grit.
Unless we make the 8 and then of course, it was no less than expected with our squad. I mean all we need is a new coach with new tactics and a different voice... right?

chiefy1

Bench

2027, why not end of 2025. Are you saying the bush coach brought out the best, especially in defence , of this current squad. Ryles should improve our defence significantly

hindy111

Post Whore
Unless we make the 8 and then of course, it was no less than expected with our squad. I mean all we need is a new coach with new tactics and a different voice... right?

Side got old and we extended guys for to long. Next year they'll be even older and slower

Cloeel

Juniors

If we make the 8 in 2025, is it the club or the coaches fault?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not sure why there are pages of black and white argument on whether it's the coach or the players that make a difference when in reality you are all actually agreeing that it is a combination of both. A good coach can't turn an average player with limited skillset into a GOAT and a good quality player is still good whether the coach is crap or not.
Why it mattters is that we have the same coach as in 2022. What's changed are the players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
2027, why not end of 2025. Are you saying the bush coach brought out the best, especially in defence , of this current squad. Ryles should improve our defence significantly
Our forwards have been rissoled from the Origin side for their work rate. You think Ryles will change that?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our forwards have been rissoled from the Origin side for their work rate. You think Ryles will change that?
Yeah Jake Trbojevic work rate has been awesome in his 25 mins of game time in the first 2 origins.

RCG has been rissoled from Origin because he isn't a nice bloke like Jakey.

I know who I want wearing the 10 next Wednesday it would be Reg not Jake.

If Cam Murray is fit in game 1 he would have been captain and Jake probably isn't playing.

If RCG was a Queenslander he would have played 20 origins by now. No matter how his form dipped.

Wally21

Bench

Champion team as opposed to team of champions

Latest posts