What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

T-Boon

Coach
The first thing he should do as coach is tell the club they won’t be playing in the white jerseys any more. Then he should sack Mark O’Niell. Next he should announce the parramatta light rail is open.
the second thing he should do after these 3 things is get out there to Rooty Hill and finish off the Centre of Excellence so we can get excellent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Didn't the 2022 coach get sacked about 2 and half months ago?
Well they can’t just sack players because of salary cap implications. That’s why you need to be careful who you sign or retain. Listen to O’Sullivan on the Dolphins doco. Throwing overs around can hurt you for years. Believe it or not, contracts actually are worth the paper they’re written on. Most of them are worth even more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are old and passed it now. Its why 2 of Papali'i,Stone,Kafusi and Marata. The young bucks had to be kept over RCG,LANE,MATTO,JNR
We might not have made the 2022 grand final if we didn’t extend the senior players after 2021. Broncos prioritised youth and look at them now. Very inconsistent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dean Ritchie is setting Ryles up for a fail.

if he doesn’t win a comp and cure cancer, then it’s all for nothing.

He's kind of got a point, though - if Ryles doesn't succeed by winning a competition (or at least, setting the club up to be in a genuine position to win one), then we will move him on, just like we have done with so many other coaches.

The way Chammas describes it is probably overly dramatic, but the crux of his argument is salient, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I do like that line - "he's the 11th coach since John Monie in 1986."

So, they want us to think that 11 coaches over 38 seasons is bad? That's an average lifespan of over 3 years per coach. That's pretty average, tbh.

Gronk

Staff member
He's kind of got a point, though - if Ryles doesn't succeed by winning a competition (or at least, setting the club up to be in a genuine position to win one), then we will move him on, just like we have done with so many other coaches.
So by that metric, Brad Arthur did a great job up to 2022 and then we had to let him go 18 months later.

Because a casual reader on here would conclude that BA was shit for 11 years.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So by that metric, Brad Arthur did a great job up to 2022 and then we had to let him go 18 months later.

Because a casual reader on here would conclude that BA was shit for 11 years.

That's not something I'll ever say about BA.

I agree with Pou's sentiments - he's a good coach.

But I think he had simply become tired, stale, and had run out of ideas.

He had some high points, and some low points, but he definitely had success.

I think one of his biggest failures was not capitalising on the success of our 2022 season, and "going on with it".

Granted, he had a crisis with injuries, which mitigated that to an extent.

Gronk

Staff member

I think one of his biggest failures was not capitalising on the success of our 2022 season, and "going on with it".

Good, balanced summation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I actually think in ‘22 we were already in decline, but finally had some luck in Townsville. The 2020-21 teams were the peak. Last year we were a merkinhair from making the finals, but would’ve only been making up the numbers. I think this year many of the players have given up because they’ve realised it’s over. They missed their chance. Is that Arthur’s fault? The club seems to think so, and it’s their call to make.

Pazza

First Grade
I think this year many of the players have given up because they’ve realised it’s over. They missed their chance. Is that Arthur’s fault? The club seems to think so, and it’s their call to make.

so they just collectively said f#&k it......... we had a crack, didnt happen so we're just not going to bother anymore????

Latest posts