What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

lucablight

First Grade
That was what, 4 years ago when Lane, Junior, Reg, Matto, etc. were in their mid-20's and at their peak.
We surprisingly had the fourth best defence in 2021 (all those Ferguson overlaps made me expect us to be a lot worse). All those players were still at their peak in 2022 (Matterson made his origin debut, Paulo + RCG played origin and Lane had his best season ever) but our defence dropped off a cliff. We made the grand final despite having a mediocre 8th ranked defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm stoked about Ryles (allegedly) making the decision to not take Barrett as an assistant. The joint needs a complete reset and any players that don't like it can f**k off too.
I was keen on Hannay until I heard he was happy to work with whatever staff the club wanted him to have. It was a red flag, Ryles wanting his own staff and a chance to put his own stamp on the club makes much more sense. We need to wash away the Bea Arthur stain. Players and coaches alike.