What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

JokerEel

Coach
Lomax will not be playing in the centres. He was quoted as recently as last week by Fox from Origjn camp saying he is happy to play wing at Parramatta and just wants to be a valuable team mate. Thry asked him if he realised he was now the best winger in the game and he said he thinks Luai is still the best but he’s happy with the recognition.

f**k what's Luai doing playing on the wing!

Tigers have bought a good one there 😂

EelEtric

Juniors
Lomax will not be playing in the centres. He was quoted as recently as last week by Fox from Origjn camp saying he is happy to play wing at Parramatta and just wants to be a valuable team mate. Thry asked him if he realised he was now the best winger in the game and he said he thinks Luai is still the best but he’s happy with the recognition.
Luai or To'o?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was keen on Hannay until I heard he was happy to work with whatever staff the club wanted him to have. It was a red flag, Ryles wanting his own staff and a chance to put his own stamp on the club makes much more sense. We need to wash away the Bea Arthur stain. Players and coaches alike.
That said I'd love Coach Rankin to be retained.

Gazzamatta

Coach
You love your boy Rankin Gazza.
It goes back to when Rankin was killing it in the twos. He was leading every stat and was the standout leader yet ppl were going on about Jrthur. I was pretty pis*ed Jrthur was promoted over Rankin but I then found out Rankin had no interest in playing NRL as he'd committed to his family he wouldn't travel after being o/s for so long.
He's the kind of bloke who will mentor the young ones and I think its evident by how Flegg are improving. I've a gut feel he has the makings of a very good coach now that it appears he's in charge.
Anyway. Yep. I'm a Rankin fan.
Lets go Jordo!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It goes back to when Rankin was killing it in the twos. He was leading every stat and was the standout leader yet ppl were going on about Jrthur. I was pretty pis*ed Jrthur was promoted over Rankin but I then found out Rankin had no interest in playing NRL as he'd committed to his family he wouldn't travel after being o/s for so long.
He's the kind of bloke who will mentor the young ones and I think its evident by how Flegg are improving. I've a gut feel he has the makings of a very good coach now that it appears he's in charge.
Anyway. Yep. I'm a Rankin fan.
Lets go Jordo!
He probably didn’t want to go into fge bubble when he knew he had no chance of being picked ahead of Jakey. The Nepotism gnome at work.

Noise

Coach
Not sure about the calm head/composure.

Haven't really seen anything from him to suggest he does.
I saw a patient, calm composed Moses in origin 3.

I’ve seen Gutho do some real stupid things this year. And his captain challenges are terrible. I don’t really see him inspire the troops behind the goal line when the going gets tough either.

He probably didn’t want to go into fge bubble when he knew he had no chance of being picked ahead of Jakey. The Nepotism gnome at work.
I was told he didn't want to go into the Bubble because he wanted to stay with his family during that time and as such Jake got the nod ahead of him.

But hey what would I know.

JokerEel

Coach
I saw a patient, calm composed Moses in origin 3.

I’ve seen Gutho do some real stupid things this year. And his captain challenges are terrible. I don’t really see him inspire the troops behind the goal line when the going gets tough either.

That's Moses leading the team around the park he needs to be more than that if he wants to be a captain.

I am not against Moses being captain but he needs to be a better leader than he is now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was told he didn't want to go into the Bubble because he wanted to stay with his family during that time and as such Jake got the nod ahead of him.

But hey what would I know.
What would you know?? More than me no doubt.

He might not have any interest going into the bubble. But I’m sure his decision was made much easier knowing that Jakey was having the way cleared for him. Anyone who doesn’t think that both the Arthur boys didn’t get a rails run are kidding themselves.