What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

Mate, I will tell you this much for free.

I watched the 2022 Junior Reps season. When Matts lost in the finals, I said the only 2 I would keep from that squad was Moey and Boods and I would only keep Boods for his name.

I will say he went on to impress playing Ball a year young.
You didn't rate the 5/8 from that squad?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I saw a patient, calm composed Moses in origin 3.

I’ve seen Gutho do some real stupid things this year. And his captain challenges are terrible.
This is captaincy, for sure.
I don’t really see him inspire the troops behind the goal line when the going gets tough either.
This is just leadership. Definitely important, but every team has more than one leader, and the most inspirational ones aren't necessarily best at interacting with referees or the media.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What would you know?? More than me no doubt.

He might not have any interest going into the bubble. But I’m sure his decision was made much easier knowing that Jakey was having the way cleared for him. Anyone who doesn’t think that both the Arthur boys didn’t get a rails run are kidding themselves.
Matt Arthur only got picked in first grade because of his name ffs! Same reason his brother is in Manly's top 30.

JokerEel

Coach
Mate, I will tell you this much for free.

I watched the 2022 Junior Reps season. When Matts lost in the finals, I said the only 2 I would keep from that squad was Moey and Boods and I would only keep Boods for his name.

I will say he went on to impress playing Ball a year young.

A few from that side are still kicking around at the club..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matty Arthur is playing first grade because the other option is Joey Lussick. An absolute plodder signed by his father.
He's playing first grade because he is a massive talent who has been carving up in reserve grade despite still being eligible for SG Ball. He should have a pathway to first grade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's playing first grade because he is a massive talent who has been carving up in reserve grade despite still being eligible for SG Ball. He should have a pathway to first grade.
lol, he’s small, slow with average service. He doesn’t even pass off the ground.

The best thing about his game was his last name, until 2 months ago that meant plenty.

Now, not so much.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dont think we have any other option but Moses if we relinquish the captaincy from Gutho.

He wont be goal kicking im assuming , so drops one responsibility but picks up another one.

If he is injured or Origin, we are in a pickle, back to Gutho to fill in ?

We also need to drop Junior Paulo from the co-captaincy id imagine? If he is staying on, needs to just concentrate on his own form and be consistently reliable

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol, he’s small, slow with average service. He doesn’t even pass off the ground.

The best thing about his game was his last name, until 2 months ago that meant plenty.

Now, not so much.
He is strong, smart and tough. Traits you need from a middle defender who makes the first decision on nearly every play. In fact Cameron Smith was slow too. Maybe Boooods really is the second coming.

Incorrect

Coach
Too bad he's 4 10'' and weighs 75kgs wringing wet. I remember you used to dribble about Jakey the same way.
He definitely needs a big off season. The little bits I saw of him in Cup looked mostly positive but his NRL performances to date have been underwhelming. His service out of dummy half has been ordinary IMO and that was a part of his game I thought we'd benefit from.

It'll be interesting to see if Ryles makes a play for a number 9 and who it might be. Will give us a fair indication of how he rates Boooooooooooods and Hands.... My assumption is Lussick will never play first grade for us, maybe anyone, ever again...

Stevie

Bench
Dont think we have any other option but Moses if we relinquish the captaincy from Gutho.

He wont be goal kicking im assuming , so drops one responsibility but picks up another one.

If he is injured or Origin, we are in a pickle, back to Gutho to fill in ?

We also need to drop Junior Paulo from the co-captaincy id imagine? If he is staying on, needs to just concentrate on his own form and be consistently reliable
Moses Captain.
Hopgood Vice Captain.