What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well unlike Ryles I have nothing to gain by lying about it.

Looking at Melbourne, Easts and Parramatta over the last twenty years, anyone who says it’s a level playing field is either lying or a total f**king idiot.

Hopefully Ryles is just bullshitting us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I love the fact Ryles has said the word "Reset" not rebuild.

He mentioned reset quite a few times in that interview.

It's clear he wants to lay foundations for continuous improvement.

Rebuilding is for the clubs like the Tigers who are forever rebuilding the rebuild if your smart as a club you shouldn't have to do a 3 or 4 year rebuild.

Pazza

First Grade
"There's some guys just beneath the surface ready to start their nrl journey"

I thought that was an interesting comment

Stormy36

Juniors
To be honest...he doesn't sound very inspiring.....you know.....just seems to be super excited....you know.....but hopefully that doesn't mean he can't kick these soft cocks arses into shape.
Well he isn't going to come out in an interview for fans and say these merkins need a boot up the backside. He said a few spots need to be filled in the roster... He knows what's needed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I mean, everyone heard the same thing as this guy.

Ryles said Gutherson is one of the highest effort players in the comp, and he is. Everything he does in attack, he can do from dummy half or 'middle half'. We would miss some of the defensive things he does at fullback but his work rate would suit the middle of the defensive line as well. He isn't small. He's listed as 190cm and 96kg. With an off season training to defend for limited minutes in the middle he might gain a few more kilos as well.

Plenty of smaller players defended in the middle this year, and not just while playing dummy half:

Wishart
Watson
McInnes
Mann
Salmon
Plath
Stone
Walker
Murray
Bateman

Last edited:
Ryles didn't make any promises he can't keep . That's an improvement on the maiden speech of our last coach.
He doesn't strike me as the brightest spark but hopefully his apprenticeship has served him well and he can deliver us to the promised land.
I'll remain optimistic and be very surprised if we don't finish top 6 next year.
Fingers crossed.

Latest posts