What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

It's not trolling to suggest some clubs are bigger than the Parramatta Eels. We are no doubt bigger than some other clubs.
I'll take Jason Ryles' understanding of our situation over yours any day thanks.

And simply repeating your take on things over and over again, when many others on here have already disagreed with you and explained why is... kinda trolling on your part, donchathink?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll take Jason Ryles' understanding of our situation over yours any day thanks.
You don't know his understanding of things. You just know his public statement in a puff piece interview promoted by the club.
And simply repeating your take on things over and over again, when many others on here have already disagreed with you and explained why is... kinda trolling on your part, donchathink?
When new content emerges that supposedly counters my theory, you need to understand why that isn't the case.

Public declarations about the club's resourcing will never convince me of anything, any more than a public statement that criminal behaviour by some f**kwit "isn't his go". I'll believe we are well resourced when we are able to recruit and retain players, including our own juniors, as well as the more successful clubs. I'll believe we are well resourced when our assistant coaches are in demand as head coaches at other clubs rather than us picking up assistants from elsewhere to be in charge.

You don't know his understanding of things. You just know his public statement in a puff piece interview promoted by the club.
Oh dear. And you know what more than anyone else here exactly...?
When new content emerges that supposedly counters my theory, you need to understand why that isn't the case.
Oh do f**k off with your self-importance 😂
Public declarations about the club's resourcing will never convince me of anything, any more than a public statement that criminal behaviour by some f**kwit "isn't his go". I'll believe we are well resourced when we are able to recruit and retain players, including our own juniors, as well as the more successful clubs. I'll believe we are well resourced when our assistant coaches are in demand as head coaches at other clubs rather than us picking up assistants from elsewhere to be in charge.
That's fine, just stop harping on and trolling about your own imperfect and oppositional opinion, in pretty much every thread... it's gotten boring already and it's not even officially NRL off-season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh dear. And you know what more than anyone else here exactly...?

Oh do f**k off with your self-importance 😂

That's fine, just stop harping on and trolling about your own imperfect and oppositional opinion, in pretty much every thread... it's gotten boring already and it's not even officially NRL off-season.
Sorry mate, I was challenged by Noise so I replied. It's not all about you. Maybe you need to reflect on that instead of butting into other people's exchanges. You're sounding more and more like Suitman.

jason taylor

Bench

The last point is odd. Not all well-resourced clubs will have assistant coaches that "are in demand as head coaches". Out of the top two teams this season only Ryles fits that bill and well...

[Penrith - Ben Gardiner and Peter Wallace; Storm - Ryan Hinchcliffe, Mark Brentnall and Aaron Bellamy - none of whom have been touted for a head coach role.]

For the record, I agree with your point about not taking official club media videos as gospel.

emjaycee

Coach
The last point is odd. Not all well-resourced clubs will have assistant coaches that "are in demand as head coaches". Out of the top two teams this season only Ryles fits that bill and well...

[Penrith - Ben Gardiner and Peter Wallace; Storm - Ryan Hinchcliffe, Mark Brentnall and Aaron Bellamy - none of whom have been touted for a head coach role.]

For the record, I agree with your point about not taking official club media videos as gospel.
To be fair, I think Pou was talking more about previous assistants that are now head coaches, not current assistants who may not yet be ready to become head coaches.

Storm, Roosters, Penrith have provided at least the last 4 "rookie" coaches (excluding club favourite Benji).
Webster, Ciraldo, Fitzgibbon and now Ryles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

New NRL head coaches aren't an annual occurrence mate. It is extremely rare. But it's also true that over the years, many assistant coaches have left Melbourne and Easts (and recently, Penrith) to take up head coaching positions at other clubs. These big clubs get the benefit of these great assistant coaches while other clubs don't (not as assistants anyway).

I will say, having experienced assistants like Barrett and now Brown is a very good sign. Maybe our resources really are on the way up.
Of course

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair, I think Pou was talking more about previous assistants that are now head coaches, not current assistants who may not yet be ready to become head coaches.

Storm, Roosters, Penrith have provided at least the last 4 "rookie" coaches (excluding club favourite Benji).
Webster, Ciraldo, Fitzgibbon and now Ryles.
ffs

King-Gutho94

Coach
The thing with the previous regime was never surround themselves with assistant coaches that were pursing head coaching roles.

Most of the ones under BA until Barrett arrived were never interested in getting head coaching roles.

Was it resources or the personality of the head coach preferring people he was comfortable with that were happy to be just assistants without any ambition.