What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

Dragon David

First Grade
The combinations of DCE, Turbo and Saab will be motoring down the field endlessly. Manly, or should I say Hasler, knew that Saab had something special and it is his speed. Just as Dino would have wanted.

We know Saab wanted to leave and because he wasn't able to show us what he could do because of our lack of good ball service to him or poor coaching plans, we couldn't see his full potential. Now Manly have a winner and he will not be looking back one iota and his decision to leave us has been vindicated.

Good luck to him. He runs like a panther in full flight.

Illusion

Bench
The combinations of DCE, Turbo and Saab will be motoring down the field endlessly. Manly, or should I say Hasler, knew that Saab had something special and it is his speed. Just as Dino would have wanted.

We know Saab wanted to leave and because he wasn't able to show us what he could do because of our lack of good ball service to him or poor coaching plans, we couldn't see his full potential. Now Manly have a winner and he will not be looking back one iota and his decision to leave us has been vindicated.

Good luck to him. He runs like a panther in full flight.
Anyone with speed we get rid of ... They don't know how to utilize the next speedster on our books to leave will be Dufty ..... Let's let walk and another team will use his speed to their advantage..... We just want plodders ....

True_Believer

Juniors
Need to keep this in perspective too. Saab hasn't performed against the top 6 teams yet. It's only been the teams at the same level or lower.

On the plus side, he does look much better than Garrick. The year Garrick appeared to be playing well his defence was horrible and a majority of his tries were a matter of just falling over the line. At least Saab is showing a bit of footwork and speed. Haven't really watched enough of the entire games to comment on his defence.

possm

Coach
Anyone with speed we get rid of ... They don't know how to utilize the next speedster on our books to leave will be Dufty ..... Let's let walk and another team will use his speed to their advantage..... We just want plodders ....
I think our new pathways people working with our new coaching staff are right on top of what we need, how to prepare the players and how to retain the ones we want to keep.

Our future is assured while ever we keep staff like this.

Illusion

Bench
I think our new pathways people working with our new coaching staff are right on top of what we need, how to prepare the players and how to retain the ones we want to keep.

Our future is assured while ever we keep staff like this.
Lets hope possm lets hope .....

thebigredv

First Grade
Need to keep this in perspective too. Saab hasn't performed against the top 6 teams yet. It's only been the teams at the same level or lower.

On the plus side, he does look much better than Garrick. The year Garrick appeared to be playing well his defence was horrible and a majority of his tries were a matter of just falling over the line. At least Saab is showing a bit of footwork and speed. Haven't really watched enough of the entire games to comment on his defence.

Wait til turbo goes down injured again. He will probably pale into insignificance. Story of being a dragons player when our big name halves haven't been firing.

Maddragon99

Juniors
You won’t miss Saab? So you prefer Pereira. Jason Saab with his size and speed only needed time in NRL to find his confidence and game and thanks to Mary he will become one of the top try scoring wingers In the NRL playing for Moanly. What a c**k up.
He always had the potential but you can’t keep them all. We still have Ravalawa, Ramsey, Mat Feagai plus Sloan, Sauni-Esau & Schiller coming through. I don’t think JP will play first grade again.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I feel sorry for JP; Seems a really decent young man who tries incredibly hard.

If he had more speed need be great.
I remember JP being suspended for 2 or 3 games last year for something stupid then he plays 1 game this year & gets suspended for another 3 games. He’s nothing but a liability in my opinion too many cheap shots that makes us look bad.

Spazer

Juniors
Manly fans wanted him dropped not long ago so good on him, it's good to see him in the open with his speed and turbo supporting him. He still has the same habit of rushing out of the defensive line, milf almost caught him out early in the game with a short kick and it will be easy for other teams to exploit this.

Good luck to him I hope he continues his try scoring form.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Good on the young fella, he’s certainly got height & speed. He will improve dramatically, playing outside the Australian halfback in DCE & the games current best fullback plus being coached by a very experienced premiership winning coach.
Certainly great tools to help him become a better winger and I’m sure he will score plenty of tries during his career on the shorter drive to Brookvale.

Wizardman

First Grade
I was the original poster of this thread. During the first four weeks of this season, I was right as he played like absolute dogshit. Over the last six weeks, he has definitely gone up a lot of notches. Amazing what a bit of confidence does.
I'll eat a slice of humble pie here as I would have dropped him this season.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was the original poster of this thread. During the first four weeks of this season, I was right as he played like absolute dogshit. Over the last six weeks, he has definitely gone up a lot of notches. Amazing what a bit of confidence does.
You weren't the only one Wizardman for thinking he wasn't first grade material. Anyway, good luck to him.

TruSaint

Referee

Hindsight and all that.

Before I change my mind I would like to see him over the course of the full season.

As you rightly point out, he was bog average early on, and now with Turbo back is on a roll.

He's fast, but we all knew that.

At this stage Im not fussed he's gone. Will revisit come end of year tho.

Wizardman

First Grade
Hindsight and all that.

Before I change my mind I would like to see him over the course of the full season.

As you rightly point out, he was bog average early on, and now with Turbo back is on a roll.

He's fast, but we all knew that.

At this stage Im not fussed he's gone. Will revisit come end of year tho.
By no means do I think he is the finished product. But, his rate of improvement over the past six weeks has been pretty steep. He looks like he can handle first grade now. When you look at the obvious tools he has....plus he'll gain more strength through time, his future in the game could be very much prime Daniel Tupou like.

Dragon David

First Grade
By no means do I think he is the finished product. But, his rate of improvement over the past six weeks has been pretty steep. He looks like he can handle first grade now. When you look at the obvious tools he has....plus he'll gain more strength through time, his future in the game could be very much prime Daniel Tupou like.
Exactly, and the more high balls he can catch like Tupou, the more confident he will be. He took a great one last night on the line and scored.