What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

kit66

Bench
Just my observation:

Manly have two big losses out of their pack this year in Fonua-Blake & Joel Thompson. Saab (and Garrick as well to an extent) is not up to it in terms of doing the dirty work in bringing the ball out of their 20 and getting the team on the front foot - something that Manly truly needs right now given the deficiencies / holes in their forward pack.

As others have said, Saab has a long way to go to become the player he is capable of being. Both physically and mentally. He'll likely be back in reserve grade soon - I imagine that Brad Parker will be shifted back out on the wing, with Dylan Walker going back into the centres, once Tommy Turbo returns from injury.

Garrick is one of their best each week, he'd kill it in a good team. He has an error in him but he can overcome that.
We won't miss Saab, I've forgotten him already.

Gardenia

Juniors
Garrick is one of their best each week, he'd kill it in a good team. He has an error in him but he can overcome that.
Great foot race though to chase down that kick and score. Hope our duffman would beat him

Pablooo

Juniors
He has speed and .......... nothing else. Appears IMO to lack ticker and is easily dominated when taking the ball up. The two wingers we have ATM are better.
Jason is only 20 and has played 11 games, he will only get better when he fills out a little and with doses of confidence off the back of efforts like last night. But there is an old saying that comes to mind when talking about players like Jason, “there is no supplement for speed” and he has it in tons.

possm

Coach
Jason is only 20 and has played 11 games, he will only get better when he fills out a little and with doses of confidence off the back of efforts like last night. But there is an old saying that comes to mind when talking about players like Jason, “there is no supplement for speed” and he has it in tons.
During the game the Fox commentators said that he was attending sprint training and keeping up with professional athletes. It was also said that the sprint coach said that he had never before come across such a quick rugby league player. It was also said that he is the quickest player in the NRL competition.

I don't like Saab's attitude regarding his contract. His agent obviously saw a hole in Manly's roster and arranged a financially better deal for him at Manly. But he was under contract and should have worked hard with self development until his contract was at an end.

Pablooo

Juniors
He has speed and .......... nothing else. Appears IMO to lack ticker and is easily dominated when taking the ball up. The two wingers we have ATM are better.
Much prefer Ramsey.

Ramsey is a talent but his size is the issue, he also gets ragged dolled at times. Saab has speed and size but will take time to fill out a little and develop his game. Only playing 11 games, he needs more time to build his confidence, I can see signs that he will be a goody.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Who gives a shit about Saab
Close this who gives a xxxx topic
He didn't do anything out of the ordinary , all he did was run and get to the ball first which you would expect your wingers to do when they have the jump on everyone .... Ramsey will do me as he will be able to cover a couple of positions ...... Anyway good luck to Saab..... He got what he wanted .....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He didn't do anything out of the ordinary , all he did was run and get to the ball first which you would expect your wingers to do when they have the jump on everyone .... Ramsey will do me as he will be able to cover a couple of positions ...... Anyway good luck to Saab..... He got what he wanted .....

It was a good try, set move and he finished it well, however, Maumalo isnt the worlds fastest winger either and he had to stop, turn and chase, whilst Saab was in full flight. A couple of metres in it at the end.
I think any winger would be expected to score that.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
It was a good try, set move and he finished it well, however, Maumalo isnt the worlds fastest winger either and he had to stop, turn and chase, whilst Saab was in full flight. A couple of metres in it at the end.
I think any winger would be expected to score that.

I'd still keep our two wingers over Saab.

He should have leaped away from Maumalo if he's was quick, and as you say there was nothing in it at the line given their starts.

since77

Juniors
He was easily run down by Damien Cook a few weeks ago and that was with a huge head start. Easily. And yes I know Cook is a sprinter but he didn’t even try to evade, step etc just gave in meekly to the tackle. He might have some speed but no heart and no above average rugby league talent. Apart from that try from a set move last night he was bog average and has been in the 3 Manly games I’ve watched this year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Great foot race though to chase down that kick and score. Hope our duffman would beat him
I’m still trying to figure out factoring in traffic how Manly is closer to Penrith than Wollongong????? Hasn’t he ever heard of Elizabeth Dr & Heathcote Rd?

I thought letting him go without anything much in return showed a lot a character by the club, made a statement; if you don’t want to be here then you can fu@k off!

If he stayed he’d be playing reggies anyway behind Ramsey & the human hammer Ravalawa

Pablooo

Juniors

You won’t miss Saab? So you prefer Pereira. Jason Saab with his size and speed only needed time in NRL to find his confidence and game and thanks to Mary he will become one of the top try scoring wingers In the NRL playing for Moanly. What a cock up.

kit66

Bench
You won’t miss Saab? So you prefer Pereira. Jason Saab with his size and speed only needed time in NRL to find his confidence and game and thanks to Mary he will become one of the top try scoring wingers In the NRL playing for Moanly. What a c**k up.

You got me there but where was this form when he played for us. I blame Mary of course for not giving him a shot or not recognizing his potential. Good luck Manly though they've found a gem.