What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

blacksafake

First Grade
1. Cummins
2. Saab
3. Roache
4. Marsters
5. Herbert
6. Williams
7. Henry
8. O’Brien
9. Fepalui
12. Bosden
13. Mundine

Couple of spots to fill in the forum hype 13..

Need a couple of forwards to help finalise the team..

Anyone think of anyone else who was apparently “the future of the club” that we could see but the coaches were apparently too dumb to realise?
The butcher Nuron???

saint.nick

Coach
Kind of gross that this kid is being targeted so blatantly by former club fans. There is a reputation Dragons fans have among the wider league community, let's not prove them right.

Good luck to him, he will need it in this Manly team
I've been reminding people of that reputation in the jubilee avenue, specifically in relation to the way we treat Dufty. I know we take pride in our, well, pride, but we are very toxic and nasty when we want to be. My dad supports Souths and doesn't dislike St George at all, but he thinks Saints fans are absolute wankers. I used to dispute him on that but I've recently realised that maybe he is right. I know Souths fans aren't perfect either, but I've been amongst them in the stands quite a few times and I think they're a more supportive bunch of fans. Dragons fans are only nice when everything is rosy.

Reactions: jak

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I've been reminding people of that reputation in the jubilee avenue, specifically in relation to the way we treat Dufty. I know we take pride in our, well, pride, but we are very toxic and nasty when we want to be. My dad supports Souths and doesn't dislike St George at all, but he thinks Saints fans are absolute wankers. I used to dispute him on that but I've recently realised that maybe he is right. I know Souths fans aren't perfect either, but I've been amongst them in the stands quite a few times and I think they're a more supportive bunch of fans. Dragons fans are only nice when everything is rosy.
All fans of all clubs give it to players who leave in the manner Saab did, don’t kid yourself. I still think he will end a really good player but he’s receiving a reality check currently. I for one hope he gets a try or two because he’s in my SuperCoach side.

giboz71

First Grade
Yeh Kikau seems to really like him.

Keeps running down his edge, he might have 4 tries by the end of the night coz poor Jason doesn’t seem to want to tackle him.

Kylez3

Juniors
Saab is genuinely scared of contact. Putting on another embarrassing display tonight against Penrith.

Don't forget when the 2021 pre-season started Saab refused to rock up for training citing 'personal issues'. In reality he was just trying to sign with Manly ASAP.

Old man is a nasty piece of work too... just quietly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
People will boo and give it to Saab only due to the way he, or his agent, or whoever or all of these, made up excuses as to him wanting out, and there were some wild reasonings given, but settled on the travel distance as the #1 reason, then sign with Manly with arguably equal if not longer travel

Now, will Tyson be bood? I would very much doubt so. Would Host be bood? Of course not. Would even Widdop be bood if he signed say to Roosters? Again probably not.

As a point of interest, I checked Saabs stats for the current v Panthers 6 runs 54m, 1tackle 4 missed TE 20%. This at the 62nd min mark.

I think Manly fans will be starting.to get more vocal on him than we ever would.

Dragsters

First Grade
Saab is genuinely scared of contact. Putting on another embarrassing display tonight against Penrith.

Don't forget when the 2021 pre-season started Saab refused to rock up for training citing 'personal issues'. In reality he was just trying to sign with Manly ASAP.

Old man is a nasty piece of work too... just quietly.

He plays timid...

Dragon David

First Grade
Saab doesn't show any passion and always appears to be non plussed. He is the type of kid who wants to be patted on the back and told "you are doing a great job". He should be dropped next game but because of the injuries Manly have, Dessie might have to keep him in the team.

Dessie must be able to see something in him to put him in the past 4 games. Maybe Dessie needs to go to Specsavers?

saint.nick

Coach
Saab doesn't show any passion and always appears to be non plussed. He is the type of kid who wants to be patted on the back and told "you are doing a great job". He should be dropped next game but because of the injuries Manly have, Dessie might have to keep him in the team.

Dessie must be able to see something in him to put him in the past 4 games. Maybe Dessie needs to go to Specsavers?
It's not that Dessie sees something in him, it's that he can't see anyone else to do the job, that's how shit Manly are!

I remember when he was running in the clear last week and was then cut down like a telegraph pole in a tornado. No fight or resistance whatsoever. It was sad, made me further wonder why we even bothered to boo him.

giboz71

First Grade
Presence. Intent. Desire.

There just is none with Jason. We all immediately warmed to Ramsey and even Rava and JP because when they get the ball or make a tackle, there is urgency and a will to do something positive. There is just nothing there with Jason.

And you know he’s just taking the piss when Brian To’o out jumps him. The dude is literally a foot shorter than him!

Latest posts