What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Stevens was a prayer uttering thug

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
Nice work, Einstein. Criticise someone's spelling by means of a spelling mistake.

Is this what Godbotherers describe as "God working in mysterious ways". :lol:

When you type out that much a typo is bound to slip in at some point. It doesn't matter anyway, nobody ever changes their mind off the back of these discussions.

taipan

Referee
Spot on.

Also, the other great horsesh*t Christian proclamation:
Good things are due to Jesus. But bad things are just God's mysterious ways - and we shouldn't question it.

The refuge for morons and the gullible.

Morons and gullible like the two following ass clowns,with a very low intellect:lol:
Albert Einstein (1879-1955) the very founder of the general Theory of Relativity,believed in God.he stated" Every serious scientist must possess a type of religious feeling,because he cannot imagine,that the extremely minute connections,which he is observing,are being thought by him fort he first time.In the universe,which is impossible to grasp,an eternally superior consciousness is being revealed.The common idea I am an atheist is based on a big error.The one who reads this out of my scientific theories has hardly been able to grasp them".
And the other dumb clunker:lol:
Charles Darwin(1809-1895),the founder of the Theory of Evolution didn't deny the existence of God,as the Church as many of his followers and neo -Darwinists claimed.He stated"I have never denied the existence of God>I believe that the theory of Evolution is absolutely compatible with the belief in God.The fact that it is impossible to prove or grasp that the amazing and above every measure beautiful universe as well as mankind came into being by coincidence seem to be the main evidence for the existence of God".
Throw in the likes of Michael Faraday,Samuel Morse,Isaac Newton,Louis Pasteur,Robert Boyle(Boyle's law on gases)with similar views,Galileo Galilei,yet they must be morons and gullible.

Last edited:

stupidhumour

Juniors
Morons and gullible like the two following ass clowns,with a very low intellect:lol:
Albert Einstein (1879-1955) the very founder of the general Theory of Relativity,believed in God.he stated" Every serious scientist must possess a type of religious feeling,because he cannot imagine,that the extremely minute connections,which he is observing,are being thought by him fort he first time.In the universe,which is impossible to grasp,an eternally superior consciousness is being revealed.The common idea I am an atheist is based on a big error>the one who reads this out of my scientific theories has hardly been able to grasp them".
And the other dumb clunker
Charles Darwin(1809-1895),the founder of the Theaory of Evolution didn't deny the existence of God,as the Church as many of his followers and neo -Darwinists claimed.He stated"I have never denied the existence of God>I believe that the theory of Evolution is absolutely compatible with the belief in God.The fact that it is impossible to prove or grasp that the amazing and above every measure beautiful universe as well as mankind came into being by coincidence seem to be the main evidence for the existence of God".
Throw in the likes of Michael Faraday,Samuel Morse,Isaac Newton,Louis Pasteur,Robert Boyle(Boyle's law on gases)with similar views,Galileo Galilei,yet they must be morons and gullible.

So how does some scientists' conveniently cropped quotes make any reference to christianity. 2000 years of doing their best to control what historical documents survived so they could control the story paints a convenienty strong concentration of "supporting" evidence doesn't it? Hell, if scientology started up back then we may all be feeling the wrath of the persecution and genocide that is on the hands of the christian faith but care of the thetans.

All religion ever has been is a way of controlling the masses. I can only hope that you are intrinsically a good person and do not let the group mentality that has driven such evil in the past in the name of religion (and other dogma) to persecute those who do not agree or especially those who openly disagree.

Yes there are things that can't be explained in the universe. Those things have reduced in number as science has progressed - and perhaps there will be things humans can never actually prove. However this should not be automatically attributed to any god. I do not have the quotes on me however I think you will find Einstein's god was a reference to the unexplainable wonder of nature rather than some omnipotent being.

Knightmare

Coach
Jason Stevens was a typical example of the hypocrisy of prayer mongering godgobbers.
He would go on about being a high and mighty moralistic christian with all the typical godgobbing rhetoric about being a good well behaved man etc,etc,.,.,.,and then he would go off his rocker and stomp on opponents faces.
What a mongrel Stevens was.And he is now the laughing stock of every Aussie bloke because of his weirdo pathetic sexual hang ups.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
I bet that all you godgobbering wanker mouth morons who are sticking up for thuggy dingbat Stevens also stick up unreservedly for the pope and deny that he is a criminal pedophile enabler,instead of fighting for the little victims of religious horror.
Religion should banned from all sport.
If you want godgobbing in sport go and play with godgobbers and keep this rubbishy religion away from mainstream Australia.

:lol: Where the f**k is this coming from? Your post says a lot more about people like you than it does about the 'godgobbers' you so despise.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Albert Einstein (1879-1955) the very founder of the general Theory of Relativity,believed in God.he stated" Every serious scientist must possess a type of religious feeling,because he cannot imagine,that the extremely minute connections,which he is observing,are being thought by him fort he first time.In the universe,which is impossible to grasp,an eternally superior consciousness is being revealed.The common idea I am an atheist is based on a big error.The one who reads this out of my scientific theories has hardly been able to grasp them".
And the other dumb clunker:lol:
Charles Darwin(1809-1895),the founder of the Theory of Evolution didn't deny the existence of God,as the Church as many of his followers and neo -Darwinists claimed.He stated"I have never denied the existence of God>I believe that the theory of Evolution is absolutely compatible with the belief in God.The fact that it is impossible to prove or grasp that the amazing and above every measure beautiful universe as well as mankind came into being by coincidence seem to be the main evidence for the existence of God".

These two are saying "we can't explain it - could argue for the existence of God".

This means - there could be a realm of science that quite easily explaisn teh creation of life, universe etc, but humanity is not smart enough just yet to grasp it.

If you showed a cigartte lighter to a caveman, he would think you were God. It's all relative to your intelligence and grasp of science.

taipan

Referee
So how does some scientists' conveniently cropped quotes make any reference to christianity. 2000 years of doing their best to control what historical documents survived so they could control the story paints a convenienty strong concentration of "supporting" evidence doesn't it? Hell, if scientology started up back then we may all be feeling the wrath of the persecution and genocide that is on the hands of the christian faith but care of the thetans.

All religion ever has been is a way of controlling the masses. I can only hope that you are intrinsically a good person and do not let the group mentality that has driven such evil in the past in the name of religion (and other dogma) to persecute those who do not agree or especially those who openly disagree.

Yes there are things that can't be explained in the universe. Those things have reduced in number as science has progressed - and perhaps there will be things humans can never actually prove. However this should not be automatically attributed to any god. I do not have the quotes on me however I think you will find Einstein's god was a reference to the unexplainable wonder of nature rather than some omnipotent being.

I responded to the comment that firstly people who followed Christianity were misguided and gullible.Ie incapable of rational thought.
I brought in Einstein and Darwin first on the basis of their belief of a God ,meaning are they gullible and misguided to believe so.
The argument,that having documents of Greek manuscripts with 5,200 references to JC is controlling someone is weird.
I brought in the names of scientists hardly small time,who believe in J.C.Are they suffering from the herd mentality or are they capable of rational thought.
Is it possible for you to understand there are thousands upon thousands of people who think rationally ,from all walks of life,who have a belief.They are not manipulated.It can be from life experiences,waying up the pros and cons.What happens to atheists who become believers.They are cajouled,forced!.Yes there would be those who follow the bandwaggon.

Scientology couldn't give a rats,I would hardly call that a system of moral absolutes.

As far as group control is concerned one could argue about control and manipulation under atheistic govts of Stalin,Mao,PolPot,Kim where 10s of millions of people were liquidated.why? Because they were numbers.Life had no meaning.They persecuted those who disagreed.

Yes in Christianity there were people who butchered.By whom? those following the message of Christianity or the dumbasses who decided to abuse it.
There is intrinsic good in everyone.I don't believe I suggested otherwise.
Still if we came here by accident or chance,then goodness and values are only really subjective to the individual .

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
These two are saying "we can't explain it - could argue for the existence of God".

This means - there could be a realm of science that quite easily explaisn teh creation of life, universe etc, but humanity is not smart enough just yet to grasp it.

If you showed a cigartte lighter to a caveman, he would think you were God. It's all relative to your intelligence and grasp of science.

Einstein stated FWIW an eternally superior consciousness is being REVEALED.
Darwin is reinforcing the view held by more than a few,that in effect order and design is compatible with a God and evolution.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thanks spell check. I don't have the best spelling. Yes, it ended as a majority position, but how many there were thinking otherwise? How long did it take to come to that conclusion? Why the need to incorporate Roman and pagan symbols and ideas and dates? If it was so evidently true, why the need for the meeting? Rewrite the story much?

I didn't quote Marx.

So your argument is that because Nietzsche and was a nihalist and he had mental health issues his point doesn't count? Plenty of intelligent people who have contributed to society have ended up that way. Doesn't make their discoveries or ideas any less significant.

Can you present a logical case against Russell's teapot argument? Can you see the massive flaws in the logic of belief in a deity it presents? that is what is called "the leap of faith" to accept something that is very unlikely to be fact. For me personally, I sit on the fence as an agnostic, but generally think if there is a god, none of the 5 traditions are necissarily right. The Greeks might have been right. The Flying Spaghetti Monster might have been right. Don't know, no way of knowing. It just seems to me like religion preys on those insecure in their existance. Most people never think this deeply about things either.

I thought God was about belief in a deity that created the universe. As an agnostic, I like the budhist take on it most of all, that it is a form of beutiful idea. Fits nicely within the grand unifying theory idea Einstein suggested (and others have been working on for 80 years).

We come back to the point of which bits should be literally interpreted and which are figurative? The church has changed its opinion on this more than a model changes clothes.

Will you conceed that the old testiment started as a way to explain the unexplainable, to recorded traditions, customs and codify laws backed up by fear of an omipotent force?

Don't covet thy neighbour makes sense in a small community in peril. It creates social disorder. I understand the no hoofed animal thing. They go off really quickly in the desert. Hajibs make sense to me too, having been to the middle east, sensible clothing. I understand how these customs are important to a people, and they like to attach them religous significance to protect them. This was why the Church was so unhappy about "soldier worship" following the great war (esp Manix in Australia). They saw it as a threat.

So you are a creationist? Or do you believe that god tampers with the science, or that the science is wrong? Best guess science is better than here say and conjecture from over 2000 years ago from people likely to have been homeless schitzophrenics (see I can discredit people because of mental illness too).

It may well be that our entire perception of reality is called into question as Descartes pointed out... "cogito ergo sum". If you want to go down that road of saying "maybe this is wrong maybe that is wrong" the same logic applies to Christianity. And we come back to the point were we can't know one way or the other. Agnostic.

I have read the bible. But I have also read many other books, including the Torah and read up about biblical history in several analytical books to put it in context, and I think it is hocus pokus. Jesus was a historic person, but there are too many holes in the story, and conflict between the 4 testiments, writen between 30 and 120 years after his death. But people should read as much as they can before they make their mind up.

That my friend is an outstanding summation, kudos to you mate.

I wish i had your power of research.

Truth be told i've experienced things personally on a spiritual level that has left not just me but our entire family gobsmacked. Almost to prove the fact that there is life after life.

My spin ?

A conciousness at least that we all are a part of ? and/or perhaps humans are part of this physical universal whole merely to observe from our level of uncertainty.. a natural proccess of evolution on a universal level.. somewhere apart from our own importance and identities.

.I wont go further into the actual event as it's personal as I believe all spiritual realisations are anyway.

Truth belongs to everybody and that is why we lose respectabilty when we project our beliefs onto others. Eaglebuzz clearly has made amends in this regard I should point out.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Darwin is reinforcing the view held by more than a few,that in effect order and design is compatible with a God and evolution.

You seem to be picking and choosing your religious quotes, look at this site. http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/

Einstein was obviously agnostic, and Darwin was said to be as well. Most scientists in this day in age would be some level between being atheists and agnostic. My opinion is that It would go against the Scientific Method to say there is 100% NO God without proof, just like it would go against scientific method to say that YES there is 100% a God without proof.

Agnostic definition - a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god.

There are varying levels of agnosticism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism#Types_of_agnosticism

Also these guys were in times where religions we strong in numbers, and people were severely persecuted for speaking out against religion.

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

bullsh*t.

Einstein said a few guys had a "religious feeling".
I get the same feeling after (1) taking a big dump or (2) hitting a golf ball pure. It doesn't mean God exists.

stupidhumour

Juniors
I responded to the comment that firstly people who followed Christianity were misguided and gullible.Ie incapable of rational thought.
I brought in Einstein and Darwin first on the basis of their belief of a God ,meaning are they gullible and misguided to believe so.
The argument,that having documents of Greek manuscripts with 5,200 references to JC is controlling someone is weird.
I brought in the names of scientists hardly small time,who believe in J.C.Are they suffering from the herd mentality or are they capable of rational thought.
Is it possible for you to understand there are thousands upon thousands of people who think rationally ,from all walks of life,who have a belief.They are not manipulated.It can be from life experiences,waying up the pros and cons.What happens to atheists who become believers.They are cajouled,forced!.Yes there would be those who follow the bandwaggon.

Scientology couldn't give a rats,I would hardly call that a system of moral absolutes.

As far as group control is concerned one could argue about control and manipulation under atheistic govts of Stalin,Mao,PolPot,Kim where 10s of millions of people were liquidated.why? Because they were numbers.Life had no meaning.They persecuted those who disagreed.

Yes in Christianity there were people who butchered.By whom? those following the message of Christianity or the dumbasses who decided to abuse it.
There is intrinsic good in everyone.I don't believe I suggested otherwise.
Still if we came here by accident or chance,then goodness and values are only really subjective to the individual .

What incoherent drivel. Big Friday?

Where does either of your scientists EVER menion "J.C."?! Show me Einstein EVER referencing "Jesus Christ"? Would appear you are the one incapable of rational thought, or at least rational argument.

Your response to my mentioning of Scientology basically sums up my opinion of pretty much every organised religion out there. And all your response does here is reinforce that. Moral absolutes? So your approach to blacks, homosexuals & shellfish eaters is?? Hypocrite.

If you notice my reference to to other dogma that brings all the "atheist" regimes. I wasn't singling ot christianity, merely highlighting it due to the subject at hand.

Greek manuscripts??? Ever heard of the Dark Ages?? The Inquisition?? Read about the mass destruction of non-complying literature???

.........didn't think so.

Your following of an imaginary friend will be the joke of future generations. Enjoy it while it lasts.

taipan

Referee
What incoherent drivel. Big Friday?

Where does either of your scientists EVER menion "J.C."?! Show me Einstein EVER referencing "Jesus Christ"? Would appear you are the one incapable of rational thought, or at least rational argument.

Your response to my mentioning of Scientology basically sums up my opinion of pretty much every organised religion out there. And all your response does here is reinforce that. Moral absolutes? So your approach to blacks, homosexuals & shellfish eaters is?? Hypocrite.

If you notice my reference to to other dogma that brings all the "atheist" regimes. I wasn't singling ot christianity, merely highlighting it due to the subject at hand.

Greek manuscripts??? Ever heard of the Dark Ages?? The Inquisition?? Read about the mass destruction of non-complying literature???

.........didn't think so.

Your following of an imaginary friend will be the joke of future generations. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Incoherent drivel !Standard response water off a duck's back .
I simply stated
1.These 2 scientists formed a view that there is a God.Never mentioned they were Christian or believed as such.That is in response to the thread author.
The notion of a God is one of the basis tenets of Chrisianity ,the reason I also quoted these scientists.
Do not equate Scientology with Christianity,if you know anything about the basice tenets of Christianity.They are chalk and cheese.

I will give a couple of examples of those "misguided and gullible" scientists.

Dr Francis Collins Dir of the Human Genome Project.His group completed the sequence of teh human genome 3.1billion letters on our own DNA instruction book.He was an atheist in the 70s now a Christian.

Dr Boris P Dotsenko(once head of Nuclear physics) Kiev formerly USSR.A Christian who stated"I realised even the most brilliant scientists in the best equiped lab are still incapable of copying even the simplest living cell".

My approach to your statement is the same approach as Dr Collins and Abraham Lincoln and that is everyone is created equal and has an intrinsic value.That means whether they be black,white brindle,homosexual,metrosexual, bi sexual,atheists,christians,jews agnostics,you name it."love of fellow man" whatever.
So your description of me as a hypocrite,is like a lot of your assumptions dish water.
The other view if we are here by accident as a freak of nature a billion to one chance ,with a limited time span(planned obselence if you wish),then life is merely "froth and bubble.ie meaningless.One persons idea about morality and the law,can be just as legiist as a person who has an opposing view.

As to complying literature.I didn't realise historical Greek manuscripts were complying pieces of literature,when they had nothing to gain in references to J.C.
Else ole son,we may as well dispatch ancient history holus bolus.
I didn't realise that non Christians historians from around the J.C. time,who mentioned the death of J.C.were actually complying with the wishes Christianity'
Lucaian 120 after 180AD
Josephus 37-100Ad
Tacitus 56-120AD
They had absolutely zilch to gain,they answered to no one.

Your last para,LOL,that has been stated (and ridiculed )for centuries,and it not only survives but grows.Even Gorbachev an atheist of the highest order late Wife and daughter became Christians.Yeah sure ask the now 50million Chinese who have a belief ,which is more than the official communist Party).

Everyone to his beliefs,or non beliefs.I don't knock atheists,I classify myslef as an enquiring sceptic for that reason ,but respond when absolute statements are made.
BTW my main religion is rugby league,I must be misguided and gullible following the Sharks.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
^ and there is nothing wrong with comming to that conclusion. Each person has to look at it objectively and make their own mind up.

I just don't like unwavering belief with a closed mind to any new ideas, or the possibility that they might not be right. It is very obstinate, no different to the flat earthers of the past.

A phrase from one of our former PM's talking about his successor springs to mind... Per-Copernican obscurantist.

taipan

Referee
^ and there is nothing wrong with comming to that conclusion. Each person has to look at it objectively and make their own mind up.

I just don't like unwavering belief with a closed mind to any new ideas, or the possibility that they might not be right. It is very obstinate, no different to the flat earthers of the past.

A phrase from one of our former PM's talking about his successor springs to mind... Per-Copernican obscurantist.

Thanks mate a considered response.I am basically a fence sitter ,but respond to people making vehement statements without giving another view.

stupidhumour

Juniors
BTW my main religion is rugby league,I must be misguided and gullible following the Sharks.

Well there we have a commmon misguided belief LOL. Was in a bit of a mood yesterday - you do make reference to scientists referring to JC in an earlier post....and I wasn't intimating any historical text was "complying", I meant that many historical documents that didn't suit the church's view were unfortunately destroyed......anyway - I am not getting into anymore mud-slaying.

Let's just hope we can get two points today from thy common Knighted enemy.

Latest posts