What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor - New Coach

gronkathon

First Grade
Well with a few minutes to think he at least deserves the opportunity to do his thing for us before hacking him down.

See what happens

magpie4ever

First Grade
Was Warren Ryan's halfback in the 90's with plenty of success until they fell out and Taylor went to the bears.

A Stray Alien

Juniors
Lets see how Taylor goes with his first big decision to keep Austin or Austin goes its on his shoulders. Taylor got full control is what club saying

We've got some good young halves coming through, hoping he can help them develop. From what I've heard about him, great tactician, merkin of a bloke. If he can surround himself with the right support staff (ie not Payten or Kidwell) then this appointment has potential. Not my first choice, but certainly not a bad call.

Moss is a great signing and I hope he can bring some of the Penrith 'plan' with him.

I don't want to put Taylor down or the selection of him but, was he the cheapest? Was the board happy to go with him because he accepted that some of the contracted support teams would be retained?

Who is Taylor bringing with him in his 'team' the physio from the Chooks? the sprint coach, a trainer or two? The defence coach?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same old guys on the sidelines with the West Tigers, including Kidwell and Payten.

TYGA

Juniors
Well done Wests Tigers.

Thank the lord we didn't end up with Brown, Kidwell or Payten. I was okay with Griffen or Taylor.
Of more importance is Phil Moss he has the background to run the club operations he had great success at Parramatta and also with the Panthers. Is it ironic or by design two long term Parra people who worked with Brian Smith now run our footy club.

Phil Goulds comments re: Phil Moss:

I've recently employed Mr Phil Moss, who has had great experience at Parramatta and in rugby league, and I'll be valuing his expertise in sorting out the intricacies of that model in going forward. Phil will also be assisting me with the structure of our existing administration. More important for me is our relationship with the Panthers club and building those relationships so we're all working together.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hing-revamp-20110611-1fy36.html#ixzz3EhR0SFBE

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They asked Bellamy, Hasler and Bennett but they all turned them down

What other coach with a greater than 50 pet cent percentage did you want?

In pretty meh on Taylor actually.. wasnt the worst on the list...

Brown
Folkes

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taylor will be fine but he needs new assistant coaches. Kidwell and Payten must not be at the club in any capacity next year.

Mayer has to keep his nose out of the on field stuff entirely and work on the business side of things.

Can someone explain why Kidwell is coping the hate from West Tigers fans? Genuine question as I have no idea of the background to it.

Ah, I thought he was straight out defensive coach, my apologies.

Still had a mass of points scored against us and that reflects poorly upon him. If Potter was not rehired, his assistants should shoulder the blame and get marched as well.

gronkathon

First Grade
Taylor will be fine but he needs new assistant coaches. Kidwell and Payten must not be at the club in any capacity next year.

Mayer has to keep his nose out of the on field stuff entirely and work on the business side of things.

I think that is why the Moss appointment is so key

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Spot on. I had a read about Moss and I am quietly confident he is a good fit too....

BadSport

Juniors
Gee I feel bad for Mick Potter now.

Potter had backbone and did it the hard way. All that hard graft on a platter to a goose like JT.

Never seen such a thorough white anting to a strong character. Henjak was the last one I remember to get shafted so hard after pushing the change through.

JT has a good football brain but you need a leader now. Ironically he may go ok now cos of Potter putting his neck on the line with Benni and Robbie.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I reckon Taylor will be a vg coach, hoping for a top 8 spot in 2015.

Given his background he will probably bring many Wests Magpies players into the squad.:lol:

Don't really mean that but wanted to piss the Balmainites off as a magpie returns home.

He will go alright, as long as he doesn't pander to Farah.