What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor - New Coach

Tigers Tale

Juniors
On the subject of our front row, obviously Woods will be a starter. I tend to think Galloway will go back to the bench next year so my question is, who will be the other starter. There is a lot to like about Lodge, can he at this age be a regular starter? I know Woods was young and he has gone from strength to strength....can Lodge? There is a lot to like about Tapau as well but I think he is more an impact player.

I'd be interested to know what do most think Taylor will do with our prop rotation.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like Taupau to start with Woods.

Galloway, Ava, Lodge on the bench

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Galloway offers zero impact as a benchie. He is a starter ideal for the softing up period.

Nice rotation. Woods, Galloway, Taupau, Lodge and Ava.

magpie guy

Juniors
I agree Shanghai, Galloway is good as a starter but will probably end up with less game time next season.
Either way, I think we will have a good prop rotation next year even without Gavet.

I am not convinced about Keith,i hope i am wrong and he fires under a new coach but when was he last time he dominated an opposition pack.

axl rose

Bench
I am not convinced about Keith,i hope i am wrong and he fires under a new coach but when was he last time he dominated an opposition pack.

Honestly its embarrassing watching some of the Bulldogs and Souffs forwards in the finals then thinking of a few of the plodders we have.

If a player is not going to at least offer something to the team i dont see the point in picking them.If they are a plodder, and are surrounded by offer plodders than you are only moving the deck chairs again, which as we all know has not proved successful in the past.
Woods,Tapau,Ava,Lodge offer more than what Keith does imo.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Galloway gets great metres after impact and always been a good defender. Last couple of seasons injury plagued. A fit Galloway still gives us good minutes.

macnaz

Staff member
Galloway gets great metres after impact and always been a good defender. Last couple of seasons injury plagued. A fit Galloway still gives us good minutes.

Im not a fan of so called metres after impact... in todays game with all the holding down it offers zero , its a throw back to the sheenious years when the play the ball was quicker. Woods is similiar but he is always looking to ofload which creates 2nd plays or draws in more defence...Galloway just plods away slowly making a couple of extra metres and wasting time while the defence is resetting. Galloway can be every bit as damaging as kapow if he was to play that style , he has done it before when fired up ... but sadly thats once in a blue moon. Watch the way the top teams forwards run.... RUN not PLOD.
Ps... How many tries does Keff get ?? f**kall because he is very very easily contained...

Last edited:

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Only difference with Galloway and Woods is Woods gets offloads and has a bigger motor.
Both are plodders and very standard first graders.

Lodge on he other hand......

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Brett Kimmorley to join Wests Tigers coaching staff

Adrian Proszenko
Published: October 28, 2014 - 4:44PM

Brett Kimmorley is poised to join a revamped Wests Tigers coaching staff as a mentor to the joint venture's promising young players.

Kimmorley will finish up his role as a transitional coach under Ricky Stuart at Canberra to replace Andrew Webster as the Tigers' National Youth Competition coach.

Jason Taylor is putting the finishing touches on his football staff after taking over from Mick Potter and the appointment of Kimmorley is one of the last positions to be filled.

Kimmorley will bring a wealth of experience after playing stints at Newcastle, Melbourne, the Northern Eagles, Cronulla and Canterbury. The former NSW and Australian halfback is considered an ideal tutor to promising young playmakers such as outstanding pivot Te Maire Martin, who slotted the match-winning field goal for the Junior Kiwis in their thrilling win over the Junior Kangaroos at Mount Smart Stadium this month.

Kimmorley had been sounded out by Cronulla when the Sharks were looking for an interim coach following the departure of Peter Sharp. However, the Tigers are seen as a better fit as he takes the next step in his coaching career. It is unclear whether the 38-year-old, who played 22 Tests for Australia (including two Super League internationals) and made 10 appearances for the Blues, will be able to retain his role as a commentator for Fox Sports.

In other changes, Knox Grammar School's Corey Bocking has been recruited as the head of sports performance, while Keegan Smith will help set up the high-performance team after shifting across from the Roosters. The pair will be tasked with injury prevention and management strategies after the club used 34 players in another busy year in the casualty ward.

Taylor has been given full autonomy over his coaching staff and quickly put his stamp on the Tigers before pre-season training. Former Tigers Steve Roach, Paul Sironen, Todd Payten and John Skandalis have all been moved on, with assistant David Kidwell one of the few survivors from the previous regime.
This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ts-tigers-coaching-staff-20141028-11d3on.html

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I was just reading Guerra is off contract next year...any chance Taylor would have enough pull to get him to the WT. Blairs money could be available then too. Blair will probably be a world beater this year looking for a new contract.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Brett Kimmorley to join Wests Tigers coaching staff

Adrian Proszenko
Published: October 28, 2014 - 4:44PM

Brett Kimmorley is poised to join a revamped Wests Tigers coaching staff as a mentor to the joint venture's promising young players.

Kimmorley will finish up his role as a transitional coach under Ricky Stuart at Canberra to replace Andrew Webster as the Tigers' National Youth Competition coach.

Jason Taylor is putting the finishing touches on his football staff after taking over from Mick Potter and the appointment of Kimmorley is one of the last positions to be filled.

Kimmorley will bring a wealth of experience after playing stints at Newcastle, Melbourne, the Northern Eagles, Cronulla and Canterbury. The former NSW and Australian halfback is considered an ideal tutor to promising young playmakers such as outstanding pivot Te Maire Martin, who slotted the match-winning field goal for the Junior Kiwis in their thrilling win over the Junior Kangaroos at Mount Smart Stadium this month.

Kimmorley had been sounded out by Cronulla when the Sharks were looking for an interim coach following the departure of Peter Sharp. However, the Tigers are seen as a better fit as he takes the next step in his coaching career. It is unclear whether the 38-year-old, who played 22 Tests for Australia (including two Super League internationals) and made 10 appearances for the Blues, will be able to retain his role as a commentator for Fox Sports.

In other changes, Knox Grammar School's Corey Bocking has been recruited as the head of sports performance, while Keegan Smith will help set up the high-performance team after shifting across from the Roosters. The pair will be tasked with injury prevention and management strategies after the club used 34 players in another busy year in the casualty ward.

Taylor has been given full autonomy over his coaching staff and quickly put his stamp on the Tigers before pre-season training. Former Tigers Steve Roach, Paul Sironen, Todd Payten and John Skandalis have all been moved on, with assistant David Kidwell one of the few survivors from the previous regime.
This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ts-tigers-coaching-staff-20141028-11d3on.html

I'm torn about this. Kimmorley has never liked us, always bagging us on Fox when he gets the chance. But on the other hand if he brings a new dimension to Moses and Brooks and adds value to the playing group with his insights on how we can improve I'm ok with it.

Sometimes having someone on board who has always given negative feedback can be a good thing.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Only difference with Galloway and Woods is Woods gets offloads and has a bigger motor.
Both are plodders and very standard first graders.

Lodge on he other hand......

You are delusional if you think Woods is a plodder. He is everything you would want in a prop.
Plays long minutes
High work rate
Excellent offload
Rarely dominated in tackles
Occasionally scores tries
Has a beard

He's only 24, we haven't even seen the best of him yet.

Lodge looks like he will be very good for us but he is not even on Woods' level

Latest posts